Sign in to follow this  
Duck

Skulls Nest MOC

In his hunt to track down the "Foreign Pirates" of the brand "Toyrific", redcoat Captain Brickington, is finally forced to follow Corporal Stud's advice and beg parlay at Skulls Nest - due to having a severe lack of men... and a ship.

This is the set (designed to be a cut-away section of the Pirate Haven "Skulls Nest") on which i filmed my latest brickflick, the flick itself can be found down at the bottom of this post, or in the seperate topic "Brickington Sails Forth". Please enjoy! :pir-sweet:

Overview

A view of the front:

5556921532_c0ccf123d9_z.jpg

And of the back:

5556851440_1b7dfa5a20_z.jpg

From the side:

5556849098_cc8def6433_z.jpg

The other side!

5556342843_baef71e21c_z.jpg

And a top down-ish view!

5556338095_59cf0cfea2_z.jpg

Close ups

The Captains of the "Pirates Captains Comittee Meeting" are interupted with a beg of Parlay from Captain Brickington.

5556866960_1f3601e801_z.jpg

Meanwhile downstairs, the pirate band keeps the occupants of the tavern entertained:

5556890730_abc68788e0_z.jpg

5556303289_38a50a079c_z.jpg

A would-be troublemaker is taught a lesson by the barmaid:

5556883448_1ef24b1261_z.jpg

Outside, an elderly fisherman sells his latest catch:

5556816634_2dba03715a_z.jpg

An unfortunate individual is dumped in a barrel, much to the amusement of those around him:

5556819318_151bb32287_z.jpg

Ale recently looted from a passing trade ship is passed up the steps onto the docks:

5556810582_361a0e4a54_z.jpg

And keeping a watchful eye out for incoming imperial forces is the lookout, while below the cannon is manned to ensure a quick defence if needed!

5556329937_20720bc005_z.jpg

5556228465_4a190a7507_z.jpg

Now that you've seen the images, please watch it all come to life in the Brickflick! (Even if you havent watched the other episodes, it should still pretty much make sense! :thumbup: )

(^ Available in upto 720dp ^)

Thanks for reading!

All comments are much appreciated about both the brickflick and the pics!

Duck

Edited by Duck

You have fooled me! :pir-tongue: Great scenario over there, when i saw the film, i though at the MOC would be a lot different and larger. But thats very nice usage of space. Great MOC Duck! :thumbup:

Captain Becker

Nice scene, very lively. The musician is my favorite :pir-blush:

Things i would change a little: The green plate looks weird as a basement floor, and the brown wall with the blue windoes could use more details. Maybe add a chimney to the roof as well. Otherwise, very interesting!

Thanks for the comments folks!

Glad the scene decieved you into thinking it was better during the film Cap'n Becker! I was amazed the other day when i found out that during the Hornblower series, the 74 gun ship they filmed on was only a quarter of one! As you say, good use of space goes a long way when making films! :pir-sweet:

Thanks Cherno, unfortunately the green plate was the only plate i had available, otherwise i'd have made it grey or so at the bottom!

I like this MOC, but after i've filmed a couple of scenes that will be needed in Skulls Nest for upcoming episodes, i'm affraid it will be dismantled to be recycled as other film sets! However, that means more films and more MOC's to come, huzzar!

Thanks again for the comments, much appreciated!

...unfortunately the green plate was the only plate i had available...

I know the feeling!

Anyway, it's a good MOC, but as has already been said, the front is perhaps a little bland.

GREAT!

I love your MOC...your movie is really nice too, i love the music, the violin and the moment in that the pirate touch the girls butt and is hit by her.

Your MOC is really nice as a pirate tabern full of evil captains. About minifigs...i see you have used the face of that Spyrius guy from space theme:

Spyrius_chief.jpg

It was a good thing, because that face looks really evil, so is adecuate for a pirate. I see you used the face of Ice planet 2002 chief too...is another good face for a pirate.

I must admit i don't understand why there are a samurai and a spaniard in the same table as pirates, but anyway great work mate

Edited by Captain Roger

I must admit i don't understand why there are a samurai and a spaniard in the same table as pirates, but anyway great work mate

This might be explained by POTC No. 3, where there are pirates from all over the world gathering, includin' Asia and Spain. The meeting seems to be inspired by that scene - at least to me.

Thanks for the positive comments!

This might be explained by POTC No. 3, where there are pirates from all over the world gathering, includin' Asia and Spain. The meeting seems to be inspired by that scene - at least to me.

Indeed, the scene I inpart atleast inspired by PotC3, however, as the film shows, my own take on it is very different! Other reaons also include the fact it allowed for me to do some extra sily voixes by having pirates from the Bluecoats, Armada and Samuri nations there! :P.

Another reason was abit of forplanning for a future episode - as what other rather cool characters usually acompany the Samuris in such things? All will be revealed soon!