• Def's Banner 2
    • LuxorV's Banner 1
    • LuxorV's Banner 2
    • LuxorV's Banner 3
    • Brickthing's Banner
    • Clone O'Patra's Banner
    • Scouts' Banner

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

When we started the blog on January 1st, it was to check out the need for a frontpage of 'our own'.

Since then we've had plenty of hits and now we're at 160 views per day and going upwards.

Now we begin phase 2.

The plan is to tweak the theme to suit our needs a little better.

As you might have noticed, we've been testing out different banners for a few weeks.

We asked the Fellows to do some for us and now it's time to pick your favorite one.

Which will be featured as the blog banner the next months.

We do plan to use all of them as the result ended up being pretty awesome.

Voting ends on 28th of March at 2100 CET

Vote and then explain in a post why you picked that banner to participate in a raffle for a surprise.

Here's the list to vote from:

5546810257_b25c463fc8_z.jpg

Rufus' Banner

5547391718_b69d32ee29_z.jpg

Def's Banner 1

5546810363_6130b29642_z.jpg

Def's Banner 2

5547391876_90e73bdbb9_z.jpg

LuxorV's Banner 1

5547392054_84135c7250_z.jpg

LuxorV's Banner 2

5546811051_72064b3d42_z.jpg

LuxorV's Banner 3

5547392422_663eac4991_z.jpg

Brickthing's Banner

5515597039_8c81b3e507_z.jpg

CloneO'Patra's Banner

5550189951_8694774ffa_z.jpg

Scouts' Banner

I think LuxorV's Banner 1 is particularly well designed, mainly how the 'Eurobricks Forum Blog' text is contained within the yellow rectangle graphic which of course relates to the original films. Maybe the text could have been slanted to mimic the way the text scrolls in the films? Also the two ships in this one seem to me to represent the most iconic images from the films.

They are all really good and it makes me ask if you'd be up for rotating them. It was honestly hard to pick just one.

In the end I chose Luxor's first one, mainly because it was subtle and not too flashy. I do wish that the blue coloring used for the eurobricks stars in his third banner was used on his first as well, I think out goes better with the ghost theme than the green.

First of all: Great job everybody, they all look amazing and it was really hard to decide which one I liked best! :thumbup:

I chose Rufus' Banner - I love the way Maul's lightsaber creates a perfect background for the text. The figs on the right are beautifully composed while they appeal every SW fan there is (Clone Wars, Prequels, OT), and thanks to the death star, which continues the line of the eb stars perfectly, the left side isn't too empty either. The stars & text which blend very well with the overall design make it easily recognizable as a eurobricks site - in my opinion the perfect way to decorate the blog :thumbup:

I voted for the last one ; Brickthing.

Cause this one has the most iconic character of the SW Universe : Darth Vader.

Other banners are very well deisnged, but they have some characters who are not representativ of the Star Wars Univers.

Star Wars, it is the story of Anakin Skywalker/Dark Vader.

This is my first post, so hi to everyone.

Personally, I prefer Brickthing’s banner. Reasons being, It’s simple, without clutter. The text are placed in easy-to-read areas, not to mention that the colours go well with one another. At a glance, you don't get 4-5 different elements fighting for attention.

They all turned out great but I ended up voting for Rufus' banner. The overall composition looks very well balanced to me. The colors especially are very well balanced across the banner.

I really like def's second which ties in very well with the new box art. LuxorV's second is my favorite. The sober color scheme and the three ghost figs turned out really great. His first and third are really well-designed as well, but a little crowded in my opinion. I like Brickthing's banner for the same reason (simple, clean color scheme).

I have chosen for def's banner 1, because when I see it it really gave me the 'star wars feeling' and I really like how luke is standing there.

But there all great!

I think all of them are really great and voting for one was not easy. I would have to go with Def's 1, I just like the style and design, plus no one can forget the Battle of Endor.

I like Brickthing's banner. It has the two iconic SW ships, and one of, if not the, most iconic villains in history. I also like the colour scheme. It's not too hard on the eyes, but it gets the point across.

Even at im not a SW fan (Yet), they are all very great bannners. But i voted Rufus one. I have already seen in KDM, and i just love it.

Second comes the Def`s banner 2, and Brickthing and Def`s 1st banner will take both the third place. Great job whit the others too.

Captain Becker

I voted for Rufus's banner....it was for me as well...Maul's lightsaber trick which impressed me the most. Though they all are excellent designs.

May the blog be with you always ! :laugh:

I voted for Rufus' Banner. Just because of the amazing posing of Darth Maul and the writing that fits perfectly! Also the colour scheme works really nice. From dark to blue back to dark. :thumbup:

But all those Banners are amazing, and I hope they will be used in the future...

I really like Rufus's banner, mainly becuase it has something for every SW fan, prequel, original, CW, UCS. And over all, it is just really well designed!

I like LuxorV's first. The TIE fighter and x-wing are iconic. Adding Yoda ties almost all versions of SW together- OT, PT, CW. Even though it's a CW Yoda, it balances old with new, and doesn't show any bias towards any particular series.

But good work on all of them, everyone!

I honestly think all of these are excellently done banners and I'd gladly abstain from voting. Just want to give props to everyone who put their time, effort, and digital graphics artistic talent to create these wonderful banners - Rufus, LuxorV, def, Brickthing, and Clone'O Patra. :thumbup:

Though I'd be okay with any (they're all amazing!), I really enjoy the simplicity and pure original Star-Warsy-ness of Brickthing's banner. The only thing it lacks is a representation of PT etc. But I think it still is the cleanest and purest Lego star wars banner. I really like the idea of a rotating banner. That, each month/week/day etc., they would change. This way all or most would be used.

So many great banners to choose from! But I think I'll have to go for LuxorV's Banner 3. It's nice and colorful, but not overly so. It features two of my favorite Jedi, and the text is big and legible. It really represents the Lego SW AFOL community well since it is divided into two sides: PT/CW and OT. And it has an explosion. Who doesn't like those? :grin:

I voted for def's first one because I like the superbly displayed OT subject matter and the colors within it seem so much different than the others. I think the different color scheme would "pop" more and distinguish it from the banners used on the main EB pages.

Though, I was close to voting for CloneO'Patra's simply because he used the classic yellow skin tone for the minifigs.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock

I love all the banners so much! However I must say I love LuxorV's Banner 3 the most. I love the blue stars around the brick in the top left hand conner. Having the the 'Eurobricks Star Wars Forum Blog' in the center is really nice. Two of the three Jedi's in the picture are my favorite, Kit Fisto and Yoda! I also love the little chase scene to the right! Thanks for the raffle.

I voted for Rufus' banner because my all-time favourite SW minifigure is 2010 Boba Fett and also because I love how he did the lightsabre effects. :yoda:

Well done to everone else's banner, I loved them all :laugh:

Edited by Lord Of The Fries

I voted for Def's banner 2.

It's because I really like the way it looks. The glowing EB star is a really great alternative to the original one. I love the planet in the corner cause it's a really nice nod to the way the starting of the films are laid out. The Slave 1 is a really iconic ship and that paricular slave 1 set I love. I really like the backlighting on the title it's a really good way to frame the title and look awesome too. Darth Maul is giving a really evil stare and Maul is a memorable character from the prequels. The tagline is put in a good place too cause it's not really in the way but still visible.

I know I'm the only one voting for this particular design but I love it! :sweet: