maydayartist

Big medieval landscape: BIG UPDATE on page 26

good news I think, will look even better with a more genital slope to the ramp, I guess this is the reason you need to extend?

Don't you think a genital slope will be a little out of place? Such a vulgar build would prevent showing this where kids will be present. ;)

Ok, back on topic.

The pine tree is great.

The new house is amazing. Love the use of brick bricks on the foundation. The roof made of cheese slopes is gorgeous, and I like the clever use of ice cream for smoke! lol

Don't you think a genital slope will be a little out of place? Such a vulgar build would prevent showing this where kids will be present. ;)

Ok, back on topic.

The pine tree is great.

The new house is amazing. Love the use of brick bricks on the foundation. The roof made of cheese slopes is gorgeous, and I like the clever use of ice cream for smoke! lol

oh my :blush: what a typo to make

I really think that round tower at the edge of that house is really clever, it is interesting because it is really some uncommon construction. Well done.

I may suggest you to add some stables to your carriage house and effectively that pine tree technique is quite interesting.

I also like your roof technique which is as I can see different of what you have made so far, can you show us how you made it?

Your staires are so great the increasement of it is well done as the really bricks / stone effect, one of my favorite.

I hope to see more.

This house is too brilliant :grin: (or rather the creator is :look: )

Just wondering, what pieces did you use for the wall? They aren't regular plates, are they?

I love the stairs and the vines on the wall.

The little round "tower" also looks great! :thumbup:

I have continue building on my castle.

Here is one teaser for you.

The construction zone is once and for all gone ;)

p1040181.jpg

That really is a beautiful shot. I'd love to see another picture taken from this perspective when the castle is completed. Has a really ominous feeling to it.

Edited by ZCerberus
No need to quote a picture.

tell me. do you ever take a part MOCs that are this big? I curious because, it's sound like a pain in the...

great WIP ;)

This really is a beautiful shot. I'd love to see another picture taken from this perspective when the castle is completed. Has a really ominous feeling to it.

You mean this one? Ok the Gatehouse is still missing but the rest is fine.

p1040186.jpg

tell me. do you ever take a part MOCs that are this big? I curious because, it's sound like a pain in the...

great WIP ;)

Something like that? Off course :D no problem for me

p1040192.jpg

awesome stuff mayday, just can't stop looking at it! One day I wil build something big too .... *dreams*

The last house you made looks beautiful. The whole diorama is amazing, and I like finding small details that impress me.

What's truly impressive is not the size, but how intricate it all is. Everything seems laid out with the utmost preciseness. Your patience is quite outstanding! :sweet:

Updatepicture

p1040237.jpg

The gatetower was done three times to find the right design.

When all its done I will show you pictures of them.

Phil

Yes! Can't wait to see the finished gatehouse. Excellent work on everything!

You mean this one? Ok the Gatehouse is still missing but the rest is fine.

Edited by kibosh

Hey kibosh,

thanks for your feedback but it is better not to quote pictures.

Your other quote is edited by Z.

You should edit the last too.

Phil

Looking wonderful MayDay!

Also kibosh, you need to remember to edit photos out of quoted posts. You can then replace them with "*snip*" when you have.

Have been watching this progress since nearly the beginning.

I love how you just keep on growing with new chapters and improving the existing chapters with new techniques and new parts.

This layout has inspired my builds in so may ways!

Just so great! Good job on keeping up with new additions.

Just keeps getting better! Keep up the fantastic work!

Yes, this and Derfel Cadarn's "Detailed Guide to Building a Medieval Village" have helped me tremendously in my MOCing. Thanks for your inspiration!

The cheese slope roof on the carriage house looks gorgeous! That, as well as the walls made of brick-bricks make the building very believable to look at. I also love the ivy crawling down the crag on which the castle sits. I look forward to seeing the castle complete.

Great job, maydayartist!

Big update!!

The castle is done.

Most of it was finished at end of 2012 for the CCCX. But the upper castle yard wasn't.

Now all of it is done and connected to the other chapters.

I have made many pictures to show every detail.

Now the last missing part is the ramp. But the whole layout will be new on a new chapter (like I said before)

Let's have a look

castle.jpg

a15.jpg

a1.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

a8.jpg

a9.jpg

a12.jpg

a11.jpg

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

a12.jpg

a13.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

That's it for now

Phil

And off course, a picture from the whole setup

a16.jpg

Done at night, that is the reason for the bad light.

i will do better later

One of the best castle layouts ever :wub: The castle fits perfectly on its hill, it really dominates the countryside :thumbup:

Superb work throughout, especially with all the round/octagonal towers and angles.

Only nitpick I have is the stain glass windows in the gatehouse, seems arrow slits would be more appropriate there.

You don't have a Flickr do you? I'd love to see a pic or two there so I could favorite them :classic: