lightningtiger

Review - 3366 Satellite Launch Pad

index2.jpg

Okay, I though I wasn't going to do another review, but I also said once I'll never get married.....13 years plus and still waiting for a retrial ! :laugh:

So here is PART ONE.....yes, part one is for bag number ONE. :wink:

3366 Satellite Launch Pad

Parts count - 165 pieces

Price - $ 29.00 (Target Newton)

Minifigs - er, just the ONE :wink:

Link - Brickset

Now front and back box shots.

3366_review_0.jpg

3366_review_1.jpg

Now I will say sorry now for the photography, which will be varying quality. :blush:

What's in the box ? (I'm glad you asked !) :grin:

3366_review_2.jpg

So what now.....Bag number ONE.

3366_review_3.jpg

Okay, so the minifig ?

3366_review_4.jpg

Right.....isn't he a motor mechanic or something from hicksville USA......'Gee, Bobby Joe do you thank you gonna launch one of them satelights tonight !' :laugh:

Control panel thing device.

3366_review_5.jpg

Becareful, just don't push the red button ! :devil:

Now I guess this next photo is a half deployed satellite.

3366_review_6.jpg

Oh, it might work with these on.

3366_review_7.jpg

Yep, a sticker always helps. :laugh:

Okay, now the rocket itself....feel free to sing Def Leppard while looking at these images. :grin:

3366_review_8.jpg

3366_review_9.jpg

3366_review_10.jpg

Oh, now weren't they cute all stickered ! :wink:

Pad next.

3366_review_11.jpg

3366_review_12.jpg

3366_review_13.jpg

Ready for launch.....but wait the guy has no wheels....oh, that's part two and it's comming within the next two hours.....Brick On ! :grin:

Edited by Zorbas
Indexed

Now that was a quick two hours eh ?

:laugh:

Right then PART TWO !

Bag number TWO.....emptied on the workbench.

3366_review_14.jpg

Time to build the van to carry the slide-in control computer com's device.

3366_review_15.jpg

3366_review_16.jpg

3366_review_17.jpg

3366_review_18.jpg

3366_review_19.jpg

3366_review_20.jpg

Completed van with it's satellite dish. :classic:

3366_review_21.jpg3366_review_22.jpg

But can they now get Disney Channel ? :laugh:

Ah, now for the leftovers.....not many for a change.

3366_review_23.jpg

The complete deal.....hopefully he is full of the right stuff (NO New Kids On The Block jokes O.K.)! :laugh:

Now rating time everyone.....what to give out of 5 for the following.

Design - 4/5 - pretty high, actually gave it for the van and simple launch pad with the folddown tower.

Minifig - 2/5 - what a let down - the only minus in the set is this guy...why not a guy or girl who looks like a rocket engineer or a like...not some hick motor mechanic ! :laugh:

Price - 3.5/5 - middle of the range on this one....I feel it's worth less than 25 bucks AU.

Playability - 4.5/5 - a van to load up and of course a rocket....now who's not going to play fire a Scud at Spongebob eh ? :laugh:

Parts - 3.5/5 - run of the mill pieces here, nothing new....except our new friend...the 2x4 tile....still if you want to built lots of small rockets for your army and make an assortment of vans it would be worth buying a few of these....of course when they are on sale.

Total time - 17.5/25 - not bad...but could have been a little better especially the minifig.

Well I hope you have enjoyed reading this review, you never know what I'll review next.

Brick On ! :grin:

Nice review!

Bought this set about a week ago and I agree with your ratings completely :classic:

Side note: I really don't like the 'figs face.

Side note: I really don't like the 'figs face.

Agreed. Whenever I see a picture of that mini-fig face here on EB, I have trouble making out the rims of its glasses, so it just looks like he has huge, freaky white eyes, like one of the Clone Wars mini-figs or something. Maybe it looks better in real life? I'm not sure, as I don't own one yet.

Anyway, thanks for the review! This new theme seems like a nice update to the old Space Port theme.

Nice review. The set actually looks pretty boring in my eyes, although the truck is decent.

Thanks for the review. I like the van. I think they should have used transparent blue for the satellite solar panels.

Nice review. And nice tipoff that it is now available at Target (although I didnt see any in the Target in Morley yesterday)

I bought this set a couple of weeks ago the first day I saw it on the shelves in my local toy store. After I built it it's been sitting on my table, and yesterday I noticed that the stickers that go on the sides of the two satellites are peeling off. It seems the edges don't want to stick to the round piece they're attached to, the stickers want to even out and not be bent. Anybody else have the same problem? If it's not just my set (which I suspect it isn't) then I have to say I'm very disappointed at TLC for making bad quality stickers. It's bad enough that they don't want to make printed parts, but if they can't make proper stickers, either, they're heading in a very wrong direction.

I wonder if there's any use in making a complaint?

They'll just send you another sheet then and 'say' they've passed on your feedback.

I bought this set a couple of weeks ago the first day I saw it on the shelves in my local toy store. After I built it it's been sitting on my table, and yesterday I noticed that the stickers that go on the sides of the two satellites are peeling off. It seems the edges don't want to stick to the round piece they're attached to, the stickers want to even out and not be bent. Anybody else have the same problem? If it's not just my set (which I suspect it isn't) then I have to say I'm very disappointed at TLC for making bad quality stickers. It's bad enough that they don't want to make printed parts, but if they can't make proper stickers, either, they're heading in a very wrong direction.

I had the same problem here. I complained and all they said was that it was a faulty sticker sheet and they sent a new one. Took about 3-4 weeks...then, applied the new stickers and same problem. Will likely complain again... :sad:

~ Jay