Yatkuu

MOC: Abydos

Dear EB fellows, I present you my latest MOC, a scene from one of my favourite movies... Stargate.

When I first saw the Anubis warriors on the PQ line I knew I had to do something like this!

abydos2.jpg

abydos3.jpg

Credits for the tiling go to... my wife!

Credits for the lighting go to Profound Whatever (as seen here)

Edited by Yatkuu

When I first saw the Anubis warriors on the PQ line I knew I had to do something like this!

StarGate was my first thought as well. :thumbup: Nice build, would be kewl to animate it and add some 'ring swoosh' sound.

Awesome! I love it!

You captured the feel of the movie very well.

The perspective, the lighting, the anubis figs, everything is very impressive. The teleportation rings are perfect, I can nearly hear their famous swooshing sound :laugh: .

Also I'm jealous of all your tan bricks (I wish I had some to participate to the D2C contest).

Do you plan to build other stargate scenes?

This is photography at its finest. :thumbup: Absolutely fantastic shot Yatkuu, the effective lighting really accentuates the already-great build of this MOC. Certainly a most impressive job!

Very nice moc indeed. Hard to capture scenes like this and you did it perfectly!!

Hope to see more Stargate scenes from you soon!

Thank you for the great feedback!

It is my fisrt MOC built for a single shot and it took me a while to get a decent picture.. To be honest I'm still a little unhappy with the result - the hidden soldiers on the left and right sides are barely visible behind their pillars.

I do plan to make more Stargate scenes... when time allows! But I want to try to do original stuff.. there are already very good MOCs out there and I don't want to reproduce something that has already been done.

The Anubis warriors are not chromed it's just the lighting effect. These figs are absolutely amazing... I bought the pyramid set only for them (it was either that or paying 12$/each on BL :sceptic: ).

:laugh:

Awesome, I love stargate, the movies, the series, even stargate universe shame it didn't last long, anyways great MOC, well done with the lighting :thumbup:

To be honest I'm still a little unhappy with the result - the hidden soldiers on the left and right sides are barely visible behind their pillars.

You could edit the pic to make them more visible.

Great job! As with everyone else, I love the lighting especially.

Edited by Pack765

Awesome. :wub: The lighting is great, and I like the uneven effect of the exposed studs on the floor.

Although I consider myself a sci-fi fan, I still haven't seen Stargate. :look:

Exceptional photography and a sweet build Yatkuu, very nice. The teleport rings look great as they fall down sequentially.

That is superb, the mood and the lighting you have achieved is just perfect. The rings coming down in sequence is a lovely effect too.

That is superb, the mood and the lighting you have achieved is just perfect. The rings coming down in sequence is a lovely effect too.

Thanks for the feedback!

Actually, the rings are supposed to be going back up in my scene!

Sorry if this sounds geeky but the full sequence is supposed to be...

1.the rings come down in sequence

2 all rings are stacked on top of each other

3 The jaffas appear in the center

4 the rings go back up in sequence

Long story short... if I had wanted to show rings coming down I could not have shown the figs...

Yust want to share my admiration for this marvelous moc. Great photography makes it even more awesome. :thumbup:

To be honest I'm still a little unhappy with the result - the hidden soldiers on the left and right sides are barely visible behind their pillars.

Don't change it! The soldiers in the film are hiding in the shadows! Personally I think it's one of the best details!

As soon as I saw your MOC on the front page I knew it was Stargate! Brilliant Work. Look forward to seeing more...

Cool MOC! I'd love to see more Stargate & Star Trek MOCs. I suppose I might if I ever browsed passed the frontpage but... yeah :sceptic:

Actually, the rings are supposed to be going back up in my scene!

Sorry if this sounds geeky but the full sequence is supposed to be...

1.the rings come down in sequence

2 all rings are stacked on top of each other

3 The jaffas appear in the center

4 the rings go back up in sequence

Long story short... if I had wanted to show rings coming down I could not have shown the figs...

But that's for teleporting in. What if they teleport out? Then it looks like...

1. the jaffa are standing in the ring

2. the rings come down in sequence

3. the rings are all stacked on top of each other

4. the jaffa disappear

5. the rings go back up

But that's for teleporting in. What if they teleport out? Then it looks like...

1. the jaffa are standing in the ring

2. the rings come down in sequence

3. the rings are all stacked on top of each other

4. the jaffa disappear

5. the rings go back up

Hehe... I did not think of that, but you're right!