Sign in to follow this  
Duck

The Village of the Bird King

Having been captured by a scouting party of islanders shortly after being shipwrecked, Captain Brickington and his crew of misfits are taken to face justice at the hands of the Bird King.

5526374811_2398f761e1.jpg

Captain Brickington and his men are led into the village. Ensuring that these invaders dont do a runner, the scouting party keep a close eye (and spear) on them, while a monkey sits in a tree watching the events with its coconut in hand!

5526930628_38d4a6cfc5.jpg

A drummer keeps up the beat of the bongo as he watches these oddly dressed prisoners pass.

5526933820_a124697c49.jpg

A small sentry hut stands near the river, from where a guard can keep watch for other would-be trespassers.

5526940168_7d4e9bc359.jpg

The Bird King himself comes forth from his hut to pass judgement, accompanied by his two guards.

5526353289_7a32f421ee.jpg

Behind him, he leaves his hut of literally, simple luxuries (apparently nothing other than shelter!)

5526954802_ec77cff24c.jpg

The Bird Kings guards, when not on-duty, have their own hut next door in which to rest.

5526362719_c8c701bf1e.jpg

The ladies of the village come out of a hut where they were relaxing, to watch the proceedings, much to Sergeant Block and Corporal Stud's delight.

5526948746_03d9469ed1.jpg

5526364301_77f8de77e9.jpg

Towering over the events, is the statue ontop of the jagged mountain which looms over the village. It represents the Bird Kings who have (rather swiftly) succeeded each other for generations.

5526938428_a490fdf7c3.jpg

Is this the end for Captain Brickington and his crew? Only one way to find out...

Thankyou for reading and watching, and all feedback on both the video and village is much appreciated!

Duck

Edited by Duck

Looks quite straightforward with a nice, clean layout and simple, but needs huts around a fire place! It's also an interesting idea to have natives holing a trial. :thumbup:

Maybe you could add some more texture to the ground by putting lime and dark green pieces there; and a few plants?

(I appologise for the blurryness of the pictures! I did take some better ones, but that camera now isnt uploading properly :( I shall try and get some more in due course!)

Please try doing that. I am personally not very fond of your picture quality and since all MOCs are indexed at some point I think it's helpful to have decent pictures! :pir-classic:

Thanks for the comments!

Looks quite straightforward with a nice, clean layout and simple, but needs huts around a fire place!

Sadly i was missing fire-pieces at the time, so the small fire in the middle was the best i can do! :P

It's also an interesting idea to have natives holing a trial.

As the video shows, i wouldnt really class it as a "trial" more of being told what they've done wrong and whats going to happen as a result ;)

Maybe you could add some more texture to the ground by putting lime and dark green pieces there; and a few plants?

My entire collection of greenery went into this model, much of it is in the background however. Perhaps adding some green plates to make the floor a little more bumpy and less flat would have been an idea though! Good point sir!

Please try doing that. I am personally not very fond of your picture quality and since all MOCs are indexed at some point I think it's helpful to have decent pictures!

Annnnnd, updated the first post with the better quality pictures! :) My girlfriend has just bought a new better camera, so i'm intending on stealing that for future MOC's to get better pictures!

I loved your video! I think I shall check out some more!

Glad you liked it! Hope you enjoyed the others also if you had time to watch them!