Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Croissant

Why Kids Shouldn't Be Pirates by Stormbringer (Flickr find)

Although the story of this MOC is still a bit mysterious to me (where did the blood come from?) this is a great Flickr find by TazManiac.

It's full of detail and the floor is also excellent, SNOT with plates.

So here it is:

5515216775_ddf68bcd3f_z.jpg

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

EDIT: Forgot to give you the link. Here it is:

Why Kids Shouldn't Be Pirates by Stormbringer (also known as Unitronus Galaxy), on Flickr

EDIT EDIT: Here's the story behind it:

The captain might look like a mere child to his crewmen, but he is the son of a powerful and feared pirate lord of the southern seas.

Because of his heritage, the Kid is a very disturbed adolecent that no one wants to upset (or risk him throwing a tantrum). He has this bad habit of killing (including his fellow crewmen) when he doesn't get his way, especially when someone has the guts to tell him to "clean his room".

Instead of pillaging for gold and riches of a traditional pirate, he desires what any other spoiled brat would want to do, such as eating lots of candy and keeping a messy room.

Hmm.. 2 edits.. I should take more time for it next time :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Admiral Croissant

I hope Stormbringer decides to join EB because I'd love to know the story behind this, because it's a great MOC.

Desk and bed look great!  The use of the brown heads on the desk are nice...plus the Sandy head on the bookshelf rocks!!

That looks like a very interest MOC indeed; and the amount o detail is really high! :thumbup: The techniques used are not really new or spectacular, but it has a nice feel to it. The story is really weird and brutal too!

Thanks for bringing this to us, Admiral! I also don't like editing posts, but you shouldn't worry to much abou it either. :pir-blush:

Intresting find Admiral.

I like the sall ships on the floor and the jail door used as window.

Also the floor and the mat looks great, i also am wondering is that orange shell and turkey legg supposed to be a hot dog or hamburger or something? Really nice scene.

Captain Becker

This MOC has a staggering amount of details for sure. Very cool looking floor boards, and the little toy ships are a funny idea. It's a great idea to build everything a little bigger than normal to create the illusion of a small child in his room. The "blood" might just be some spilled grape juice :pir-blush:

However, i don't know what to make of those white, blue and red 1x1 round plates... are those toy soldiers or candy?!? Also, why is there a chicken wing in the clamshell? :pir_wacko:

Cool scene!

Edited by Cherno

However, i don't know what to make of those white, blue and red 1x1 round plates... are those toy soldiers or candy?!? Also, why is there a chicken wing in the clamshell? :pir_wacko:

yep, there is indeed that chicken wind in the clamshell :pir-tongue: And about those 1x1 round plates, i thik there might be a small town, you know, like a building bricks or toys, because to be soldiers, the ships are too small then. :pir_laugh2: Its a great way you can use your imagination.

Captain Becker

Very beautifully detailed MOC, the details is what makes this amazing. The blood is probably from one of his crewmates that told him to clean his room. :pirate_sad2: I'm thinking the 1x1 plates are probably battalions of soldiers that he's planning to attack, or maybe just a town. I hope to see more great MOC's from Stormbringer!

I imagine that the 1x1 rounds are the redcoats and the bluecoats soldiers, aren't they :D and the chicken in the clamshell is some kind like chicken burger isn't it :D

it's nice to see this MOC with some imaginations. it's very nice indeed.

Cool. All the toys look nice, and the SNOTted floor looks like real wood (well about as close as I've ever seen in bricks). I hope the creator joins EB (or already has).