Lukemax

Image Uploading / Posting

It looks like they're increasing free users' space while increasing the pricing for the various paid options. Great for free users who are EB members, since we don't upload too many large pictures anyways. :classic: (flickr says my 191 pictures take up less than 0.0078% of my available free space.) I'm not sure I really like the new UI; it's covered in large images and predictably takes longer to load. But since if I go back to using it, it'd be pretty much only as an image host and not to participate in any groups (Taking the role Photobucket plays for me now.), I have no complaints.

Great news! Although I feel sorry for the people who recently purchased a pro account.

I had the feeling Yahoo would do something like that, it was only a matter of time.. this 200 pic limit was becoming absurd in view of the competition.

If you set your Pro account to auto-renew, the pricing will remain as is, until you cancel. (I am paying $45 per 2 years.) If you don't already have a Pro account, it is too late to get one, and your options are now a 2TB account ($500 per year!) or an ad free account ($50 per year!). So if someone recently purchased a Pro account they are very fortunate (if you value ad free use & stats and intend to have more than 1TB... if they don't, they can get a refund if they cancel).

If you set your Pro account to auto-renew, the pricing will remain as is, until you cancel. (I am paying $45 per 2 years.) If you don't already have a Pro account, it is too late to get one, and your options are now a 2TB account ($500 per year!) or an ad free account ($50 per year!). So if someone recently purchased a Pro account they are very fortunate (if you value ad free use & stats and intend to have more than 1TB... if they don't, they can get a refund if they cancel).

I'm currently on a premium account at $45/2 years. I need to go make sure that auto renew is on. I did not know this little bit of info, thanks.

Since eurobricks does not host pictures, I do not understand what's the gallery page and why I am being denied access to it.

The Eurobricks staff uses it to host, for example, images for the front page.

Can anyone please tell me or give me the link for a quick guide how to share Flickr or Brickshelf pictures...

The forum keeps telling me that I cant add pictures extensions on this community.

THANKS

Hi, I'm having trouble embedding images into my posts. I use the button you're supposed to use when I want to embed an image, but the images comes out on the post waaayyyy too big. Could someone lease tell me how to fix this?

There are many websites where you can host images to put in posts here. Brickshelf is nice and simple, but you'll need to resize the images yourself. I favour Flickr because you can upload your images in their original sizes (1TB free storage) and, by following the instructions in Fugazi's post, embed the appropriately-sized versions on Eurobricks.

Dang! Is anyone else frustrated by this new Beta version of Flickr. I'm unable to select smaller image sizes for inclusion in Threads in the forums. Anyone got a workaround?

Anyone got a workaround?

Yeah, revert back to the old layout (there should be a button in the bottom-left of your screen). It doesn't appear to be fully-functional yet.

Yeah, revert back to the old layout (there should be a button in the bottom-left of your screen). It doesn't appear to be fully-functional yet.

Thanks, Rick, for the reply, but I guess they've taken away the 'revert to old layout' option as well now :(

I got out of the "new photo experience" by clicking on the "Help and Feedback" button on the bottom left - reversion to the old version is one of the options that comes up.

Thanks both Rick and Jamesn! I had been using Flickr with a passthrough Gmail ID and that Help and Feedback button option wasn't available. Once I upgraded to having a full yahoo email address attached the account the H&FB option was there and I reverted back to the old version!

I am have been a member of a few production and custom pocket knife forums and I have always used Photobucket. It resizes automatically on the other forums, is that the same here?

I am have been a member of a few production and custom pocket knife forums and I have always used Photobucket. It resizes automatically on the other forums, is that the same here?

No. It might appear to be resized if your screen is small enough (I can't tell if an image is bigger than ~1200px or not on my 13" laptop.), but it's just scaled, not actually resized; other members still have to wait for the big image to download.

I've got a problem with the enter key, it won't let me go down a line which makes it difficult to post MOCs and such, it Works everywhere else but not here for some reason :sceptic:

Edited by Mr Breden

I've got a problem with the enter key, it won't let me go down a line which makes it difficult to post MOCs and such, it Works everywhere else but not here for some reason :sceptic:

Anyone? :look: Edited by Mr Breden

What OS and browser are you using to log in? Have you tried an alternate browser, or enabling compatibility mode if you're using Internet Explorer?

What OS and browser are you using to log in? Have you tried an alternate browser, or enabling compatibility mode if you're using Internet Explorer?

Thanks Fugazi, I tried Google Chrome and it worked :sweet:

Could someone help me out with Brickshelf? I tried to register there yesterday, but I never received the email that you need in order to verify the account and start using it. And I checked, it's not in my spam folder. Today I first tried to re-register but it won't accept it because it has the data from yesterday in the system. Then I tried the "forgot your password?" and they claim they sent a new password to my email address. But I did not receive it.

Anyone else had similar problems? As far as I can see, there's no way to contact anyone at Brickshelf for assistance.

Thanks!

Edit: There's an email address on the site. I'll try that and we'll see!

Edited by finnbricker