Sandy

Mafia School: Escape From Isla Paradisa

Conas atá tú? Whew! Finally here! This seems like a wonderful place to get some rest and relaxation! :oh3:

Thanks, badboy. I've been trying not to get into the habit of editing my posts, but it's really hard when you want to correct your grammar or add reply to someone you didn't see before. :blush::grin:

One small word of advice on that, take your time to read through your post before posting it, that way you won't have to edit it afterwards. (you're not going to get killed for spending one extra minute writing your post). And if you do end up posting something wrong just stay calm, and post a second post clarifying what you did wrong.

Thanks, badboy. I've been trying not to get into the habit of editing my posts, but it's really hard when you want to correct your grammar or add reply to someone you didn't see before. :blush::grin:

Grammar: check before you press the button.

Replying to someone else, just add a new post. Within a certain amount of time, it simply adds to the initial post.

With mafia, it's really important to double-check your posts before actually posting.

One small word of advice on that, take your time to read through your post before posting it, that way you won't have to edit it afterwards. (you're not going to get killed for spending one extra minute writing your post). And if you do end up posting something wrong just stay calm, and post a second post clarifying what you did wrong.

Oh, I do. That's one of the reasons why I have to edit my posts; I end up taking so long phrasing things right and reading over them that other people have time to post before me, sometimes with something important to say. Sorry if this didn't make any sense... :blush:

Oh, thanks Rick. :laugh:

And that's everybody! Thank you for the hasty confirmation (and for making me read through 7 pages of chatter that really should belong to the day topics once the game starts :tongue: ).

It looks like I have many co-tutors in this topic. Your input is very much appreciated, badboy, WhiteFang, Quarryman, Rick and the rest. It seems we have a wild class of students here, so I'll need all the help I can get to keep them in check. :wink:

With everybody accounted for, I will post the Day One topic later today. Please hold back on the in-character posts until then, please.

And thanks for all the questions I've gotten through private messages. Keep them coming, if you're still not certain of some element in this game - that's what I'm here for. :wink:

Another tip, it is recommended and sometimes a rule that you need your character picture as your avatar and/or your sig as well as your name in the sig. It really helps at the beggining of the game when you don't want to constantly flick back and forth between pages.

Good luck to you all and I am sure with such a great host and tutor you will all do great and have fun along the way. :classic:

You're all so cute with your sweet little mafia characters! :wub: How fun it is to watch the Kindergarteners. :wub:

You're all so cute with your sweet little mafia characters! :wub: How fun it is to watch the Kindergarteners. :wub:

Yes, this will defiantly be even more fun than you're forest. :devil:

Oh, I'm so excited for the first deaths. :sweet:

Just a friendly reminder to read the rules before you begin - though I'm sure Sandy will come around to tell you guys.

Just a friendly reminder to read the rules before you begin - though I'm sure Sandy will come around to tell you guys.

You mean rules like "Don't edit your posts?" :grin:

How'd you guess? :tongue:

Luck. :blush: But, you're right. We'll let Sandy tell them. :tongue:

How'd you guess? :tongue:

He read RvB's posts. :hmpf_bad: (and yeah, I realize you were bring sarcastic :wink: )

We are not supposed to post out-of-character statements likes this on the game thread right?

You already said that... :look: It's just that I doubt that a senior member and regulator like yourself would misread and then forget to quote.

I don't know, is this metagaming? :wacko:

We are not supposed to post out-of-character statements likes this on the game thread right?

I don't know, I think it's okay if you post it in the crossed out writing. I've seen people post things like that in other mafias...

I just forgot to add "smart girl" after the regulator part. Sowwy for my forgetfulness :blush:

Edited by Captain Tamamono

Where's your Mommy? :tongue:

Very funny... :hmpf_bad: Don't forget, you were a beginner once too! :tongue:

Very funny... :hmpf_bad: Don't forget, you were a beginner once too! :tongue:

Never. :blush:

Actually, I single-handedly led the Town to failure by forming a voting alliance like we were on Survivor. Turns out the alliance was all scum. And no, I'm not talking about Bloodbrick. :laugh:

:cry_sad: I can be an idiot.

But I'm not a noob! :tongue: Noobs! Ha ha! Look at the noobs.

Just kidding. I love you all. I'd just rather poke fun and let Sandy run the school, since that's the way it's supposed to work.

Have fun, and don't let the big bullies scare you. We're just insecure.

Never. :blush:

Actually, I single-handedly led the Town to failure by forming a voting alliance like we were on Survivor. Turns out the alliance was all scum. And no, I'm not talking about Bloodbrick. :laugh:

:cry_sad: I can be an idiot.

But I'm not a noob! :tongue: Noobs! Ha ha! Look at the noobs.

Just kidding. I love you all. I'd just rather poke fun and let Sandy run the school, since that's the way it's supposed to work.

Have fun, and don't let the big bullies scare you. We're just insecure.

:laugh: Yeah, Western Mafia was like that. :grin:

I am confused. Being a newbie to this, I had to look up metagaming. And I do not understand why Captain Tamamono is saying this in the Day 1 thread. :wacko:

I am confused. Being a newbie to this, I had to look up metagaming. And I do not understand why Captain Tamamono is saying this in the Day 1 thread. :wacko:

Oh, yeah. Metagaming is like assuming that I'm bad just because my character has ridiculous taste. :tongue::grin:

I've seen Hinckley posting about metagaming in Werewolf Mafia, so I thought it was okay? :wacko:

And here I was thinking that In role-playing games, metagaming can be defined as any out of character action made by a player's character which makes use of knowledge that the character is not meant to be aware of. (Thanks Wiki)

If my character glances in your direction while speaking about disguises, that is not anything I cannot see or know about, and it does not necessarily mean that I think anything about your characters role. I fail to see how that is 'metagaming". Maybe I am just missing the whole point of this. :sceptic:

And here I was thinking that In role-playing games, metagaming can be defined as any out of character action made by a player's character which makes use of knowledge that the character is not meant to be aware of. (Thanks Wiki)

If my character glances in your direction while speaking about disguises, that is not anything I cannot see or know about, and it does not necessarily mean that I think anything about your characters role. I fail to see how that is 'metagaming". Maybe I am just missing the whole point of this. :sceptic:

No, you generally get the point, but Mafia roles are random (hopefully) and Sandy wouldn't say "I'm going to make this person bad because she looks like she has a disguise on."