Sign in to follow this  
BrickArtist

[MOC] BARC V6

Your thoughts on this model basing off of the canon ROTS model and your own opinion.  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the proportions on this MOC meet your standards for accuracy?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't pay attention to proportions.
  2. 2. Do you think I need to do another version?

3. 3. Do you think I should add non-canon colors over Bley and Dk. Red?

gallery_101_23_281.gif

The BARC speeder, as some of you may know, has become my number one obsession. I have experimented with many techniques to best capture as much detail as possible. This MOC is sort of an all-star team of all the techniques and designs I have acquired though hours of experimenting and trial and error. Over the course of my past versions many builders have offered extremely helpful constructive criticisms that have brought this model to the point it's at now. I hope you like it, and enjoy!

So, here's the main Pic of the completed model:

barc_v6-main.jpg

My main goal was to make it as realistic as possible. Including double handlebars, supportive fig pedals, a pair of blasters on the front, and one above both repulsors, the slope below the back, the rounded front portion, the bar the slopes down the middle, dark grey pieces on the bottom of the repulsors and an accurate minifig position. If a stud=1 foot then a BARC should be 14.3 feet long:Mine is 14 studs and 1 third of a stud long :grin:

If you want to make my BARC with your collection, here's a cutaway of the whole model.

barc_v6-cut_away.jpg

Back view:

barc_v6-back_view.jpg

Side view:

barc_v6-side_view.jpg

Top view:

barc_v6-top_view.jpg

More in depth cutaway photos at my brickshelf.

C&C welcome, however remember this model is based off of the BARC that appeared in Sith and no other.

Thanks for looking, -Brickartist.

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

Nice job, DobbyClone. Personally, I though the length of v.5 was perfect and this wasn't needed, but this is a nice model nevertheless. I think it looks too long now, but it's still close enough.

Nice job, DobbyClone. Personally, I though the length of v.5 was perfect and this wasn't needed, but this is a nice model nevertheless. I think it looks too long now, but it's still close enough.

I do too. All the people that replied on previous model said they wanted it to be longer, I suppose that this is to please the common demand.

You said you thought I need another version on the poll, to make it shorter again? Or because of other inaccuracies?

You said you thought I need another version on the poll, to make it shorter again? Or because of other inaccuracies?

To see how insane you'd go making v.7.

To see how insane you'd go making v.7.

Well there's a small wire that should run down the front, the pedals need to be re-worked, and I need to find 2 brown hands for the baster-fins on the back. I also need to find a way to fit a clone light helmet attachment on to the top of the back section. I also need to make a custom part in addition to some brickarms U-clips to make the attachment on the front blasters. And I'm still debating what custom weapon to use for the blasters themselves...I'm going a bit insane, eh? Anything to add?

I'm going a bit insane, eh? Anything to add?

You need the legs to split and be on either side of the saddle in a lifelike pose that uses rubber bands. :wink:

What will version 94 look like? 327? 1,138?

It's a shame that it seems a lot of builders and viewers are just stoppong by and voting on the poll. Would you guys mind writing out a full reply? Especially one that includes criticism. :grin:

You need the legs to split and be on either side of the saddle in a lifelike pose that uses rubber bands. :wink:

What will version 94 look like? 327? 1,138?

Actually it's possible I will do 10+ versions. I would really like to make some custom parts. At some point I will experiment with shaving bricks then sanding them to create elements for the BARC. What really disappoints me is that TLGs builders have this option but don't exploit it for the best of their models. To be honest, the section where I have a 1x12 light Bley plate as a base needs a custom piece to be perfect.

Excellent! I love it. Don't even think about touching it now! :thumbup::laugh:

The more I look at it the more I want to smash it-I'm going sort of psycho because some of the curves on it are near impossible to recreate. :angry: But thanks Prateek.

Edited by DobbyClone

I've been eagerly waiting this V6. I think it is just about perfect. I don't think amini-fig can sit on it, but that's ok because official mini-figs are the wrong size anyway. This is a HUGE improvement from V1. :thumbup:

I've been eagerly waiting this V6. I think it is just about perfect. I don't think amini-fig can sit on it, but that's ok because official mini-figs are the wrong size anyway. This is a HUGE improvement from V1. :thumbup:

A minifig sits the same way as on my previous one :wink: Thanks.

A minifig sits the same way as on my previous one :wink: Thanks.

Oh, I can see how that works now. Good job, I really like the hand-blaster-cannon-design. I tried to find even a minor flaw to give you something to work on, but I couldn't find any. :thumbup:

Edited by Frolando22

Your last version was already ok with me actually, but it's nice to see you're continually improving your build. But I think it has to stop at some point, so as not to become too much of an obsession. :grin: What I'm curious about this version is how will the minifig sit on the jumper plate in the seat?

Your last version was already ok with me actually, but it's nice to see you're continually improving your build. But I think it has to stop at some point, so as not to become too much of an obsession. :grin: What I'm curious about this version is how will the minifig sit on the jumper plate in the seat?

1x2 Black plate underneath his torso does the job :sweet:

My Brickdoctor has already diagnosed me with a rare occurance of 'Obsessive compulsive BARC disorder', I went to rehab but there's no hope. I'll stop when it's finished, besides with more renditions only good things can come. Before you know it I'll have a section of the MOC index dedicated to me :laugh:

Edited by DobbyClone

I agree with Kiel- I worry that you're tinkering so much you're going to drive yourself crazy! I don't think it's too long, though I was happy with the last version.

1x2 Black plate underneath his torso does the job :sweet:

My Brickdoctor has already diagnosed me with a rare occurance of 'Obsessive compulsive BARC disorder', I went to rehab but there's no hope. I'll stop when it's finished, besides with more renditions only good things can come. Before you know it I'll have a section of the MOC index dedicated to me :laugh:

I foresee a title...

What? Fallenangel made a four word post on a model with physical inaccuracies? More have you to say?

I wanted to keep the forums clean, so I just sent a PM. Of course, that doesn't have much either, but once you build V7 (in a LARGER scale) that will change...

I wanted to keep the forums clean, so I just sent a PM. Of course, that doesn't have much either, but once you build V7 (in a LARGER scale) that will change...

This is my minifig scale model, once it's perfected to the best of my abilities I intend to go UCS. I've already started planning that model. I'll give you a more in depth reply via PM.

I'll probably have to resort to making a post in the trading forum so I can get my hands on some specific Brickarms weapons.

I think the BARC (or a speeder bike) would look awesome as an UCS- like a foot or two long. Imagine the detail...

I think the BARC (or a speeder bike) would look awesome as an UCS- like a foot or two long. Imagine the detail...

Yes churchill I will be making it a foot long. That's the only way to get all the proportions exactly correct. The whole back section will be SNOT with plates coming off the side to absolutely nail the side taper. And I can greeble blasters the :cry_happy: I'm in my happy place...I'm like a kid on christmas morning. I'm so obsessed :tongue: