Sign in to follow this  
DLuders

MOC: Grader by "Benny3000"

Speaking about Road Graders, "Benny3000" posted 51 pictures on his Brickshelf gallery and a

of his SeTechnic Challenge entry. He provided a Lego Digital Designer (LDD) .lxf Building Instructions file to make it yourself; look for the link on the 2nd page of that Brickshelf gallery. Benny3000 wrote that it is "A LEGO Technic Grader made out of 600 pieces for the french LUG SeTechnic 9th challenge. All functions are manually operated via most part of the time worm gears. I took a little bit of inspiration into a Volvo G990 grader.

It has basically 6 functions :

+ Steering with HOG on top of the cab (the steering wheel inside the cab is also working)

+ Fake V6 engine powered via two differentials on the rear wheels

+ Front blade operated via the black axle joiner (worm / 8t)

+ Middle blade lowering/raising (worm / 8t )

+ Middle blade rotated (worm / turntable)

+ Rear ripper lowering/raising (worm / 8t)"

athumb.jpg Edited by DLuders

I see that Siegfried (the Eurobricks Technic Forum moderator) split this out as a separate topic. :classic:

If you want to build Benny3000's Road Grader, download the Lego Digital Designer (LDD) .lxf file (using the link in the original post above). Below is a link to the PDF Parts List that I made using LDD Manager; I converted the Excel export file to PDF using this free online converter. You will need 601 parts, and there are 286 steps in the LDD Building Instructions.

SEE REPLACEMENT PARTS LIST A FEW POSTS DOWN IN THIS SAME TOPIC.

Edited by DLuders

Wow, what a great honour to be featured on Eurobricks!

I'm gonna try to post my future MOCs by myself. :classic:

You might be surprised to see a 601 parts count, since the challenge allowed only 600 parts.

But, it's the turntable that's in two parts in the Dluders' pdf parts file!

@ Benny3000: Welcome to Eurobricks! Your Road Grader is excellent.

LDD Manager break down the individual, component parts for composite assemblies. For example, LDD Manager lists the standard Power Functions battery box as being 4 parts (the main battery holder, the sliding orange switch, and two sliding lids). The 48452cx1 "Technic Turntable Large Type 2, Complete Assembly with Black Outside Gear Section" is considered to be one part (even though LDD Manager lists both halves on the Parts List).

48452cx1.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Oh! Just remembered that I forgot to tell you something about the rears axles :

For those who'd like to reproduce it, you must replace the two #2 Dark Bley Connectors, by two Dark Bley Differentials (new style 3 wide). :wacko:

Sorry!

Got it -- replace two 32034 "Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Angled #2 - 180 degrees" with two 62821 "Technic, Gear Differential with inner Tabs, 28 Bevel Teeth" parts.

32034.gif32034.gif--> 62821.jpg62821.jpg

Below, I have revised the PDF Parts List; it replaces the one that I had posted earlier. I replaced the two-piece Technic Turntable with the complete assembly turntable to get the parts count down to 600. :classic:

Benny3000RoadGraderPartsList.pdf

Edited by DLuders