Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zblj

X 24 cylinder engine

11 posts in this topic

Thanks to Mahjqa's 16 stud long axles I was able to make my biggest piston engine to date. It has 24 cylinder arranged in X shape. Its arround 19 studs long. I think its perfect for bigger MOCs!

5500276708_9dc0fec062.jpg

Edited by Zblj

Whoa, an X24 engine! :cry_happy: Are you planning on making a Lego Digital Designer file for it, or a video like you did with your X16 engine below? :blush:

p1130936.jpg

Edited by DLuders

I would make the LDD file, if the cylinders would be in LDD. We will have to wait for LDD update.

Why stop there?

Because making it any longer will cause the crankshaft to wobble too much to be usable. :)

The X24 and X48 Engines in LDD are awesome! :thumbup: I built some Parts Lists for these (using LDD Manager 0.97), and folks can download them (as a single, PDF document) below. In case that does not work, it's available on SkyDrive here.

Parts_Lists_for_Zblj_X24_and_X48_Engines.pdf

Edited by DLuders

Hi guys,

small question: how do you manage to get the pistons and piston heads to line up and fit together in LDD? I cant make the piston fit in the pistonhead, let alone adjust the contraption into the v-angle I am after for my engine.

Thanks for any replies!

@ primitiv: You can download an LDD .lxf file for a V8 engine here via MegaUpload SkyDrive. It will save you time and aggravation. If you want to make a V6, V10, or V12 engine, just subtract/add pairs of cylinders in your LDD model. :classic:

Edited by DLuders