Sandy

Sign-ups to Mafia School: Escape From Isla Paradisa

paradisa-title.jpg

Welcome to the sign-ups of the very first Mafia School game: Escape From Isla Paradisa. This game, like all future Mafia School games, is open to all members of Eurobricks who have not yet participated in any of the Mafia games here (not counting Shadow's Massacre games). This game is meant for learning the ropes of how Mafia games works, exactly. Only basic night actions are used, and the game follows the freshly released EB Standard Rules.

I will act as your host and mentor, giving you tips and advice throughout the game, and I will gladly answer any questions you might have to my best ability. I of course will not be taking any sides, though. Paradisa Mafia is a real Mafia experience, and those who get in it should play for the win. After the game is over, all participants who have showed that they've understood the basics of Mafia games will be allowed to join the advanced games (which from now on will not be open to beginners anymore).

In order to participate to this game, read through the "brochure" below and then post your willingness to play into this topic. There are only 16 open spots, so don't hesitate if you are interested! Sign-ups will remain open until the end of this week, after which I will choose the most enthusiastic entrants.

Take note that I have a list of people who have played in a Mafia game before, so I will know if you're not eligible to be a student of Mafia School. All newcomers, welcome aboard!

Paradisa-brochure1.jpg

Paradisa-brochure2.jpg

But there is a snake in the paradise...

I'm extremely interested in joining! :grin: I've read through most of the earlier Mafia games, and I think think it's a great way of using a forum to it's full capacity. :sweet: I've often thought of joining in, but have been turned down by the fact that I haven't really fully understood the rules. This seems like a wonderful way of getting started!

Edited by Euvor

I am really excited because I have never played a mafia game so I hope I get pick. Sounds great. Some true romance sounds fun. Does the island have cell-phone service? :tongue:

Edited by RvB

I'm assuming i can't join since I've played about 2 games, yet I've done really bad in all of them. :tongue:

I'm assuming i can't join since I've played about 2 games, yet I've done really bad in all of them. :tongue:

Nope, move along, nothing to see here. :wink:

I've been wanting to try this Mafia game stuff for a long time already, but I haven't gathered enough confidence to join ...until now. I think I know the basics watching from the sidelines since I've been following some Mafia games here in EB for quite some time now, but honestly I get confused most of the time figuring out 'what's going on' when things get complicated. :wacko: So I'm here to learn the ins and outs of a mafia game, and more importantly to gain that valuable experience in actually playing one.

Kiel is ready to enter Isla Paradisa. :sweet:

Nope, move along, nothing to see here. :wink:

Wait? There's nothing here? Well, I guess so, maybe I'm still stuck in the Asylum :tongue: Well, I hope you do well for this, Sandy!

Isla Paradisa sounds like a dream vacation! Plus I love the idea of all I can drink included in the price :grin:

I've been closely following the more recent mafia games and read through the archives, and I've read up on mafia-wiki.

Please, please, please can I play? I've been excited about this for ages! :cry_happy:

Pretty please with a cherry on top? :sweet:

and I've read up on mafia-wiki.

Funny thing, as soon as I declared my intention to join, that's the first thing I googled which I'm currently reading right now. Couldn't be a more obvious newbie than that. :tongue:

More ladies in mafia = yes

I would be thrilled to be a part of this! I have followed many mafia games on Eurobricks, but have found some parts of the game confusing and have always just stayed on the sidelines. When I saw this on the frontpage, I just knew I had to jump in and participate in this mafia game so I could know and do more than just read it. I am very eager to learn the ropes of playing an Eurobricks mafia game! :sweet:

I have always wondered about these games and looked at a few of them. I'd be interested in joining the school, this looks interesting.

Sign me up!!!

Pirate

Sign me up, please! I've been wanting to get into a mafia game, and now's my chance! :cry_happy::laugh: :laugh:

I've already taken the liberty of reading through most of mafia-wiki, so I know pretty well how these things work. :thumbup:

Edited by Captain Tamamono

I'd love to join too, so please do consider me :classic:

But I can't believe there's no electricity on the island...

Does that mean there's no refrigeration?! :sad:

No cold drinks?! *oh2*

No air-conditioning?! :sing:

No cold places to keep dead bodies from decomposing... :look:

Oh well, I guess it means there's fewer distractions from the romance :wub: But I'll be sure to pack my pocket edition of the classic self-help book 'Lord of the Flies' in the suitcase, just in case things deteriorate :laugh:

That's it; I'm packed and ready to go if I can score a ticket!

I would apsolutley Love to Join! I've followed 2-4 mafia games and I understand how they work, Even though I've never been in one myself. :cry_sad: I Followed one of your one's Sandy Hogwarts Mafia, I think it was fantastic, and this one looks awesome too! Please sign me up. I would DIE to come to come to your Resort! :sweet: :sweet:

Edited by Professor Trelawney

A vacation? Sounds good to me. I've been stuck on the mainland for far too long. Being stuck here is awful. I've heard of people being sent to asylums or retreating to remote manors in merry old England to escape, but I've always opted to stay behind. No more!

Just drop me on the far side of the island with my bento boxes and I'll be good to go.

Although I don't understand this kind of game very well yet, I think I would like to join.

I've been curious about it since I joined EB, and must admit it seems to bring some fun!

Well, obviously I can't join, but I'd just like to say that your presentation looks really lovely Sandy, very much "Paradisa feel" to it :wub:

I'd like to echo Quarryman and say "Great work, Sandy."

And best of luck to all the fresh meat new players! It's exciting to see all of the positive energy and excitement. If you don't get a chance to play, no worries. There'll be more opportunity in the future. Have fun, everybody! :grin:

count me in! :sweet: (i'm single, and don't have a special someone..) :wub:

i've never played any forum-based Mafia games before, but have been interested in trying it out. :classic: i kinda have an idea of how it works from observing some of the others now and then, and from having played numerous versions of Mafia, at parties, youth groups etc.

on the weekends i might be a little hit-and-miss due to church and family stuff, but Monday-Friday i'm pretty much free most all day... :grin:

Paradisa has always been one of my favorite Lego series, and the small horse and carriage set was the first Lego set i ever got! :wub:http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6404-1

I'd love to join Sandy!

I have just joind EB but have been reading the forums for a while and have been avidly watching Werewolf Mafia and now know a mafia game works. It will be great fun to come to the paradise but only if there is free lunch! :laugh:

I would really apreatiate being allowed to play and it would be a great start to my time at EB!

Can't wait if I do play!

Mmm... fresh meat... default_devg1.gif

Good luck to all of the players and our wonderful host, I'll be following the game.

Also, that first picture looks strangely familiar... default_tong.gif