SlyOwl

Barracuda's Quarters

Barracuda is a true old seadog; originally a gunner aboard the HMS Falstaf, he soon grew tired of the lack of plunder, and jumped ship in Tortuga, no less. Encountering fierce native tribes and mysterious Eastern seas, he gradually rose to captainhood, as the years grew as long and grey as his hair. A meticulous - if verging on shambolic - type, he is an ept commander, valuing above all his tactical expertise and cunning.

A man of fine taste, his quarters reflect both his character and past - functional and sturdy, but not lacking in glamour or flamboyance where indulged.

1299006729m_DISPLAY.jpg

1299006733m_DISPLAY.jpg

1299006737m_DISPLAY.jpg

1299006743m_DISPLAY.jpg

Apologies if this seems familiar - but it was built at great speed for the 2011 MOCathalon! :pir-blush:

Really cool, a true piece of art, I really like everything about it, with all those little details!!

This deserves a spot on the frontpage. [bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I've seen the chandelier in previous MOCs, but it's just a very clever piece of work and suits in many MOCs.

But there are also many other great things here, like the cannon, the rumbarrel, the model ship and the fish :pir-sweet:

My only suggestions for improvements are to remove the gunport hatch as that's usually on the outside, and to remove the ladder (and perhaps give it a proper stair), it's a nice design, but I think most ships would have normal stairs to the poop deck.

But it's a well-deserved blog :thumbup:

That is awesome Slyowl, so many great details to take in.

Love the candle stand, the cannon and the sea gull - great part usage.

Reminds me of ISC "Davey Jones Locker" which is a good thing as it too was a beautiful cabin.

:thumbup:

This MOC reminds me of the game Tropico 2 Pirates cove.

This is a really nice build Sly, thanks for sharing :pir-classic:

Very inspiring MOC SlyOwl. I am always looking forward to your creations. In this particular case, your scene is splendid. The level of detail is outstanding. I specially like the stuffed native’s head. It adds a voodoo like atmosphere.

Great work mate.

Another great MOC SlyOwl! I reallly like your cannon design, the lovely ship model on the desk and the new hook design for the bird - wildlife is always a detailed, nice point in your creations.

Great work! :thumbup:

Edited by Commander Laquiet

So thats what the cabin of Maeve-Aulsebrook looks like :pir_laugh2: Very nice MOC once again SlyOwnl, i love the miniships and the SNOT technique, lamps are very nicely done and the ladders.. Well i like them, but i would put the stairs instead of ladders :pir-classic: Like the cannon and the bird, but wh ythere is a Recoats suit in the Pirate captains cabin? :pirate_sad2: So at he can cheat Redcoats merhant ships and then suddenly suprise them? (I hope you know what im trying to say)

Captain Becker

Thanks guys :pir-classic:

This deserves a spot on the frontpage. [bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

My only suggestions for improvements are to remove the gunport hatch as that's usually on the outside, and to remove the ladder (and perhaps give it a proper stair), it's a nice design, but I think most ships would have normal stairs to the poop deck.

Thanks for the blog, mate! I agree about the hatch; just it looked a bit too much like a plain hole in the wall without it!

I had originally planned a two-levelled MOC, with some fancy spiral stairs, but I realised that a) I couldn't be bothered and b) the upper level would have obscured the lower one, so I reasoned that in the interests of progressing with the contest quickly, I wouldn't do so.

But I do plan to do some nicer, more complete interiors at some point.

Reminds me of ISC "Davey Jones Locker" which is a good thing as it too was a beautiful cabin.

That was one influence - in fact, that whole contest was! This was mainly based on the promo image I did, mixed with a bit of oo7's and ISC's entries.

What's that piece holding the lantern on the string? I dont think Im familiar with that one...

It's a bit cheeky, really. It's part of a technic figure's arm (push out the pin, and pull the forearm away from the elbow). It slots into the hole in the bottom of a 1x1 plate very nicely, though.

Why there is a Recoats suit in the Pirate captains cabin? :pirate_sad2: So at he can cheat Redcoats merhant ships and then suddenly suprise them? (I hope you know what im trying to say)

I'm putting it down to his previous experience as a Gunner in an Imperial ship... but I just thought it looked nice! :pir-grin:

As for the Maeve Aulsebrook, it has been rebuilt bigger and better than before, and is awaiting an interior at present.

It's just like a flashback to the Captain's Cabin contest. :pir_laugh2:

Very nice work on this Sly, it manages to pack a lot of detail into a small space. Your cannon turned out excellent.