Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Death Star Hallway

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Just another day through the hallway of the Death Star

where various Imperial troopers go about their business of carrying out orders.

5492036006_13230069c8_z.jpg

As usual, click the pic for more details...

AC

The set-up for the hallway

DeathStarHallway-a07-027-thumb.jpg DeathStarHallway-a02-018-thumb.jpg DeathStarHallway-a10-040-thumb.jpg

Nice job, ACPin. The one nitpick I would have is that for some reason it looks like the hallway is too...busy. Like there's too many minifigs or something. I can't put my finger on it.

Another great MOC AC! I love all of the little details, mainly the design on the walls, very lovely! Like Brickdoctor though, I also feel that the hallway is a little too crowded, maybe take some of the officers out? Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

Nice job, ACPin. The one nitpick I would have is that for some reason it looks like the hallway is too...busy. Like there's too many minifigs or something. I can't put my finger on it.

I think its that the hallway is too narrow, causing the busy look.

All the same fantastic work AC, all the little details are great. :thumbup:

Great job as usual, ACPin! Good to see you working on OT pieces.

I think the crowdedness culprit is more of a lighting problem than a structural one. With all the movie accurate dark colors, the light needs to be brighter to compensate. But I'm probably wrong.

Excellent work once again AC! Lots of interesting details, particularly the reverse build of the ceiling and the trans-blue plates that allow the effective overheard lighting for the interior shot. Another neat detail is the vertical 'light' thingys on the wall. Impressive work as always! :thumbup:

Very nice. Sneaky how you made Chewbacca seem taller with that camera angle.

Sneaky, yes but that's not the camera angle! :oh: Chewbacca is actually two plates taller and the mouse droid was placed there to disguise the added height! :laugh:

If you look at the middle pic for the set-up, there are not that many minifigs. However, the placement of the minifigs was deliberate to show across which is why it seems too busy.

Another great MOC AC! I love all of the little details, mainly the design on the walls, very lovely! Like Brickdoctor though, I also feel that the hallway is a little too crowded, maybe take some of the officers out? Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

Initially thought of shooting two separate scenes but too time consuming for just the same structure. Not doing any reshoot either. :grin:

I think its that the hallway is too narrow, causing the busy look.

All the same fantastic work AC, all the little details are great. :thumbup:

The hallway is scaled correctly from the movie scene, read comments above about the busy look.

Great job as usual, ACPin! Good to see you working on OT pieces.

I think the crowdedness culprit is more of a lighting problem than a structural one. With all the movie accurate dark colors, the light needs to be brighter to compensate. But I'm probably wrong.

Lighting this was another problem as I couldn't get the right mix for a pic from the outside looking in and have the correct exposure. That's why I settled for separate pics for the outside and inside features. Added to the fact of black on black compounded the issue.

Excellent work once again AC! Lots of interesting details, particularly the reverse build of the ceiling and the trans-blue plates that allow the effective overheard lighting for the interior shot. Another neat detail is the vertical 'light' thingys on the wall. Impressive work as always! :thumbup:

I've done the reverse build for the ceiling in a previous MOC and those trans-blue did help alleviate the internal lighting problem. Only wish I had trans-clear instead of trans-blue, though I must admit those panels have been reused from another MOC.

AC

'ACPin' I see you have charged yourself up again.....AWESOME MOC, the glossy black tiles and black walls ouch very Empireish eh ? :grin:

Great trick to show Chewie taller than the stormtroopers (Han and Luke) ! :thumbup:

Keep them comming 'ACPin' and may the Sith Brick be with you......very good, very good ! :devil:

'ACPin' I see you have charged yourself up again.....AWESOME MOC, the glossy black tiles and black walls ouch very Empireish eh ? :grin:

Great trick to show Chewie taller than the stormtroopers (Han and Luke) ! :thumbup:

Keep them comming 'ACPin' and may the Sith Brick be with you......very good, very good ! :devil:

Nothing like going back to the OT scenes as there's quite a number of them that I've always wanted to do. It looked odd to see Chewie as the same height of the rest and changing the camera angle wasn't good enough. So what better way to give him some added boost! :laugh: More to come...

AC

Nicely done again ACPin. You know- I actually like the busyness- it looks fitting for a deadly superweapon/station. Can't wait for those future OT MOCs...

That's great ACPin! The mouse droid is good and the detail is amazing! I like the wall technique to get the classic style, nice roof design also. I wish I had that many Officers... :devil:

A great MOC, you should build an entire death star interior.

Edited by Scorpiox

Nicely done again ACPin. You know- I actually like the busyness- it looks fitting for a deadly superweapon/station. Can't wait for those future OT MOCs...

As mentioned in previous responses, the separate scenes were done as one so it looked more crowded than it was meant to be. Already working on the next one... :grin:

That's great ACPin! The mouse droid is good and the detail is amazing! I like the wall technique to get the classic style, nice roof design also. I wish I had that many Officers... :devil:

A great MOC, you should build an entire death star interior.

The mouse droid is built like the official one except the black bricks were changed to gray so that it would show more prominently.

AC

Great work. It almost looks as though you've just copied a frame from the movie itself, but it's in Lego.

Great work. It almost looks as though you've just copied a frame from the movie itself, but it's in Lego.

It's always good to have reference pics to work with and in this case the screen caps from the movie.

Hooray for a new, fantastic diorama from AC Pin!

Double, no, triple hooray for an OT diorama from AC Pin!

Stay tuned for more OT goodness! :sweet:

AC