Masked Builder

[MOC] The Mines Of Nar Shadda

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Begin Mission Log:

Once we landed the 89th legion was dispatched to investigate rumors about the mining of Nova Crystals. After making our way there we discovered that the rumors were true. My troopers and I managed to sneak up on some unsuspecting pirates who were carting off Nova crystals. Then the fight began......

End Mission Log.

img_3171.jpg

img_3173.jpg

img_3175.jpg

img_3176.jpg

img_3177.jpg

img_3180.jpg

This last shot is for you Brickdoctor. I made a nice SNOT base like you've been wanting. :wink:

Well I didn't want to just make a wall and have them fighting in front of that. I've done it too much. And this was really the only idea that came to me so here you see Mission 4.1! I would love to improve this so ideas are quite welcome!

Flickr

MOCpages

Brickshelf Gallery (when moderated)

Built February 2011

Mm, I'm loving that base, much better than just a plate. Interesting little back story and it's something different than a bunch of clones shooting at a bunch of clones. I would have liked it to a bit bigger, seems a litle cramped.

And just one question, I built one of those amazing guns your clones have and was wondering, did you glue the technic pin on? Whenever I attach it to the pistol it eventually comes flying off and doesn't stay together.

Pretty good SNOT base, though the top could use a few more details like some rock formations instead of just a plain baseplate. But I love your brickbuilt blasters, good job on those.

Hmm, looks pretty good. I like the base, and the little mining looks good. But I seriously think this could be more than plates, 6 figs, a vehicle and some crates. Its a mine, so some rocks maybe? Some tiles would give it a rock-like look. Also maybe a little control center, that the clones are raiding? Experiment with little details to perfect the Vig. :thumbup:

Nice job. I think the ground could use some rock formations or something, or at least add some tiles sunk into a layer of plates so that the studs seem to be small rocks and not...studs.

As for the base, it looks like you're using Technic half-pins to join the halves. Headlight elements and the 2:5 ratio are your friends here.

Excellent creation 'Masked Builder', your SNOT base is far better than a basic base plate....though one of pirates need more update guns....Colts I believe they are ! :wink:

Great job and Brick On ! :grin:

Cool! I agree with the others: that baseplate is awesome (may have to steal...er...borrow that idea). Unfortunately, that's the best part of this moc. I really think you should add a disabled speeder bike/transport of some sort with flames coming off of it in the middle of the figs to add a little more action. Then apply tiles to the remaining studded top. Otherwise, it's just 3 clones pointing guns at 3 bounty hunters. I like the brick-built guns for the troops, as well.