Sign in to follow this  
Tordenskjold

My Pirate/soldier MOC

Hi there. Just joined this forum. and found it very intr. im building a fortress and (have plans for) a harbour area/small village. just wanted to show people what i got so far. have some pictures from it on BS

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MADsen

if anyone is intr. :$

On my fortress ive made the walls 2 wide, as i tougth any more looked strange. One of the ships is as you can see not my own moc but a set from LEGO, and hms Tudor did i bought on ebay. but the rest is mine, more or less free buildt.

Have a nice evening everyone.

Bj

Welcome Mr Tordenskjold!

You have a very Viking sounding name! You've come to the right place to share your Pirate MOC. By conincidence I was already looking at your Brickshelf folder as it appearance among the most recent when I logged into Brickshelf. Obviously it was the Pirate mini-figure that caught my attention immediately.

Anyway, which of these MOCs would you like to discuss? You may have a thread for each MOC if you like. It seems to be easier if we have one MOC per thread because if there are multiple MOCs in the thread, then one usually gets a better response than the othes - we want to glorify ALL your pirate creations!

So how bout we start with this one...

pirat_island.jpg_thumb.jpg

(The image is indeed a link to a larger image)

This MOC looks like it is the set Forbidden Island sometimes know as Shark Island which has been extended out. Is this MOC a finished created or is there still more work to be done to it? I am also in wonderinng why is there a palm tree in the middle of the water, would the salt in the water not kill it?

The Pirate island is as Captain Ironhook said, a sort of extended forbidden island. I had to use some parts from the forbidden island set in another set and found that i could use some extra baseplates and parts to create a sort of hideout for my pirates. the palmtree is a seapalm :-D , actually its just been placed so i could see what more i could do with trees there. The island, wich i called The Reef is tha main hideout for Pirates in this part of the Caribean part of the world. but i have plans to buildt it out with several small houses/huts placed on baseplates as those on the picture. to the end it would be like a area with a lot of small islands with narrow straits between them. bigger ships than rowboats cant sail in between them, so it is a good area to hide from Royal Navy.

my problem is that everything i try to include in the Reef moc look to weird to me.i dont get the buildings i want, something wrong with the shape of it.

If anyone have a idea of how i can build small huts for my pirates im grateful if you cn share that idea with me. As i see it,the pirates cant go to a lokal shop and buy things so their huts and houses are buildt of whatever they find on the beches and of old shipwrecks and so on.

Tordenskjold was one of our biggest sea heroes. and of course it sound viking like . I am a Viking. living in northern part of Norway :biggrin:

Bj

Well Mr Tordenskjold, are you a big fan of the LEGO Vikings or did you think LEGO went about that theme the wrong way?

As for your MOC... First I must ask is it still in extence or have you since disassembled it, and are there anymore pictures or is this the only one?

Also do you mind if I rename the title of this thread to "My Pirate MOC" since we're only discussing the Pirate MOC. Then in about a week or two you can create a second thread for your soldier MOC and we can have a good discussion about that... If that's what you want of course!

the palmtree is a seapalm :-D , actually its just been placed so i could see what more i could do with trees there.

You could always put the palm tree on a yellow tile or brick and that way it would look like a small island or sand bar existing in the waters. This way you could have lots more palm trees there if you really wanted it to be and then you wouldn't have them dying because of the salt water being too much.

The Reef in extence. and i have no plans of detroying it. or i could if i see a better way to buildt the moc.

Im sorry but i have very few pictures of the island. and im away at work now. wont be at home for about three weeks. at my pc i have only one more picture of the island.

I've made a model of what i was thinkingof whit the small huts buildt from whatever found on the beach.

i think it will look good with these kind of buildings sortet out on different small islands surrounding the large one. p6170009xx.jpg

The red 2x2 would be a bonfire and the white thing a palmtree, The hut made in a rough way. not all bricks are perfect size or shape, to resemble that they use what they find.

The Viking series look ok to me. but it look more like the Hollywood style Viking than the viking i've been tought of. The Norsemen was fiersome warriors and exellent sailors, and the got the viking axe with, thats good. but all the monsters.. Fenrisulven(Fenriswolf ) didnt live in the Viking world kalled Midgard. it lived in

Yes, the stereotypical Viking appearance was a common complaint here amongst some users when the sets were first released.

As for your pirate island: You could always add to what you've already got like adding trees and other plants to create a jungle or something like that. It depends what you want to do with it, if you consider the MOC to be finished then there's no point me suggesting what else you could do to it. Unless you wanted to know out of interest!

Mr Tordenskjold, have you recently added a second image?

pirat_island.jpg_thumb.jpg

Or did I miss this the first time I checked?

I too am somewhat confused by what is supposed to be the reef in this MOC. I imagine a rocky out crop half submerged in the water. The nautical term for this is a "shoal" which is a sandy elevation of the bottom of a body of water. Sometimes these are covered in rocks and imagine what fun that is for ships!

I like the look of the fort for it give apperance of being from slabs of stone placed on top of one another such as those in monuments like of the Stone Hedge. It doesn't look too architecturally designed like a military fort, more of something that has been made into the landscape.

Hi everyone. first. the Reef is more of a working title of the whole MOC. havent found a proper name for it yet. sorry if that confused anyone. have placed more to the island now. can see it Here

p6200015xx.jpg

and other pictures too from the moc. have a sort of plan for it now. want to build some more small islands like the smaller oned on this picture and alast, make a reef surround it with only narrow openings that ships can sail in to the lagoon by. and in one end of the lagoon this Moc is placed.. just have to get what extra LEGO i need first.

I like the look of the fort for it give apperance of being from slabs of stone placed on top of one another such as those in monuments like of the Stone Hedge. It doesn't look too architecturally designed like a military fort, more of something that has been made into the landscape.

is it the black fortress you mean? the one with soldiers?

I didnt load up a new picture Phes. only a smaller version of the same picture.

Whoa! Things have expanded quite rapidly. You're doing a good Mr Tordenskjold!

One thing though. Are you able to take another picture of that white building with the black roof in the top left hand corner? It looks interesting but the palm tree is obstructing the view.

sorry but i havent any more pictures of that building. apart from what is on my brickshelf . it is going to be a lokal inn for the pirates. i went home yesterday and took some pictures then. but not of the inn alone im afraid. its 120km one way for me to get home so its some distance. but ill maybe go home tomorrow again. forgot something at home. ill try to take more pictures then.

Thanks mr Phes. its good to hear

I'm always excited to see new Pirate MOCs so be sure to take plenty of pictures from all different angles when get the chance!

I'm always excited to see new Pirate MOCs so be sure to take plenty of pictures from all different angles when get the chance!

I went home today. and did take some pictures at the building you asked for.. You find ut on brickshelf MAdsen

inn1x.jpgThis is the pirate inn. lokal pub or something like that.

pirate_hide1x.jpg newest version of the moc

*y* *y* very nice, the pub is simple but effective scenery for any port but the bartender has to do a SuperMarioJump to get the barrels and chest. :-P

The pub is very nice, very much like a real set lego would produce. It kinda looks like a Pirate version of the guarded inn.

*y* *y* very nice, the pub is simple but effective scenery for any port but the bartender has to do a SuperMarioJump to get the barrels and chest. :-P

Nothing one of those ladders wouldn't fix - that's if Mr Tordenskjold has one to spare of course!

Nothing one of those ladders wouldn't fix - that's if Mr Tordenskjold has one to spare of course!

I havent any ladders yet. but will get one to the upstairs as soon as i get one. i had the guarded inn when i was younger, this is made with that set in mind.

Also added the boatbuilder. verft1.jpg_thumb.jpg

You're doing a very good job Mr Tordenskjold! I was going to go and have a closer look at your inn but Brickshelf told me the folder wasn't public yet so I assume that means you've uploaded even more pictures.

Are these your first pirate MOCs? Or have you been Pirate MOCing for years now?