Sign in to follow this  
Omicron

CustomMinifigs Wave 2 Review

header2.jpg

Reminiscent of LEGO's Collectible Minifigs, CustomMinifigs.com is a joint project between professional customizors Shmails and Armothe. Each fig is special and unique in that Shmails personally designs each one and Armothe arms them with BrickForge weapons and accessories.

Wave 1 laid the foundation. Wave 2 brings in the warfar aspect.

Presentation

package.jpg_thumb.jpginsert.jpg_thumb.jpg

Each minifig is packaged in a medium-sized, ziploc baggie with a card insert. The front of the card insert features the CM.com logo and is designed to have the minifig displayed in the middle. The back of the card insert is a brief rundown of the advisory and also explains that each fig is made from LEGO with custom additions by Shmails and Armothe. So in other words: 100% high quality.

And now onto the minifigs.....

Minuteman

minuteman.jpg_thumb.jpg

Click thumb to enlarge

Don't tread on me. The minuteman is ready to take down redcoats and bring freedom to his native colony. This particular figure is my favorite due to the fact that I am from Massachusetts and the minuteman is a symbol for the state. Perfect for Colonial aspects for Pirates. Someone has to stand opposite to the reds right?

Features:

- Custom torso decal (waterslide)

- Reddish Brown Bandolier

- Reddish Brown Musket

- Tan Flintlock Pistol

- Silver Hatchet (not pictured)

- Tan Double Plume (not pictured)

Price: $18.00 USD

GoldTooth - Pirate Captain

pirate.jpg_thumb.jpg

Click thumb to enlarge

Avast! Shiver me timbers! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! And all that. Better watch out when sailing around, because this Seven Sea wonder will plunder your booty when you aren't looking. Perfect for Pirates theme and the upcoming PoTC sets.

Features:

- Custom Torso Decals (waterslide)

- Dark Bluish-Gray Bandolier

- Dark Bluish-Gray Cutlass

- Black Flintlock Pitol

- White Double Plume

- Black Hatchet (not pictured)

Price: $18.00 USD

Riot Cop

riot.jpg_thumb.jpg

Click thumb to enlarge

Good cop, bad cop? Doesn't matter for this guy. He is sent in to take down the scum of the urban society. Drug lords, crime lords, Sith lords, who cares. He'll be able to keep order in the city when Aliens execute their Conquest. ;)

Features:

- Custom Torso Decal

- Custom Arm Decals

- Black Military Helmet w/ screenprinted "Police"

- Trans-Clear Military Shield w/ screenprinted "Police"

- Black Nightstick

- Black Gunbelt

Price: $20.00

Drill Instructor

drill.jpg_thumb.jpg

Click thumb to enlarge

Everything I wanna say about this fig can be found in the first 20 mins of Full Metal Jacket. :P

Features:

- Custom Torso Decals

- Custom Arms Decals

- Dark Tan Ranger Hat

- Dark Tan Backpack

- Bronze Canteen

- Bronze Shovel

Price: $20.00 USD

'Doc' - WWII Medic

medic.jpg_thumb.jpg

Click thumb to enlarge

The real celeb here. Other than your commanding officer, this guy is a prime target for snipers. Risking his life on the battlefield just to give you a band-aid, he is the true hero.

Features:

- Custom Torso Decals

- Custom Arm Decals

- Olive Soldier Helmet w/ screenprinted red cross

- Olive Backpack w/screenprinted "US"

- Olive Canteen

- Olive Shovel

Price: $20.00

CM.com Exclusive Color - Olive Drab

olive.jpg_thumb.jpg

Only available with the Medic, this was a highly requested color for Brickforge to make. There is no official Lego color for a color match, so it is unique. :)

Overall

These figs are one of a kind, and definately not something to pass up on. They each can make great additions to your collection display on your shelf at home or on the desk at the office. While they utilize waterslide decals, they can still be used for MOCs and vignettes as long as you don't throw them around, as they are meant for display and not rough play.

I do like all the figs, but my personal favorites are Minuteman, Pirate, and the Medic.

One thing I would like to touch base with and that is the price. Yes they are not cheap. Anything that is handmade and personally designed usually comes at a price, and that is what most people do not realize when it comes to anything these days. However let me tell you this, it is worth it in the end and keep in mind that LEGO itself isn't cheap either.

More awesome figs will be made in the future, so keep an eye out for them! So why are you still reading this? Go to CustomMinifigs.com!

closer.jpg_thumb.jpg

"Life is short.....customize it!"

-Omi

Great review Omi, these are indeed an interesting bunch of custom minifigs. I have to say my favorite is the Riot Cop, with the Minuteman a close second. I'm curious though, are the waterslide decals seamlessly applied?

I'm curious though, are the waterslide decals seamlessly applied?

Yes, and they are coated for protection. But as with all waterslides, take caution when playing with them. :P

-Omi

Very good! I like the Drill Instructor. I'd defiantely buy one of these if it wasn't for the premium price.

Also, when I read Medic, I immediately thought of this guy:

350px-Medic.png

Sadly, I was very wrong.

I'm really looking forward to the next wave :classic:

Man you guys are going to love what is coming out for next wave. I had to change my pants because they were that awesome.

-Omi

Man you guys are going to love what is coming out for next wave. I had to change my pants because they were that awesome.

-Omi

Are you allowed to give us a hint? :tongue: