Randal

Index of LDD builds found in Lego video games

EDIT by Admin:

See second post below for index to this topic.

Thanks Randal for the idea to this topic. Thanks Brickdoctor for indexing

I wanted to start a topic for LDD Builds from the Tt games that are not MOCs and are not official sets. If you already have some of these and would like to post them here, you are welcome to do so. It just seems like there are a lot of fun builds in there that I'd like to get a closer look at and this seems like a good place to compile a collection of them.

[Edit:] If you have builds from other games, such as Lego Racer or Lego Universe, don't be afraid to post them here. While it says Tt games, I basically meant "Lego video game builds." I realize we're on a site that splits hairs, so it might have been in err that I specifically named a single game developer. I have it on good authority that Brickdoctor is open to this idea as well.

TOPIC INDEX

Posting Format:

You must submit your model in a post containing at least the following:

• Link to the .lxf file of the model
  • Image of the model, not exceeding 800x600 pixels
  • Name of the model; make a plausible guess if none is known
  • Game and Level wherein the model is found; also include the Faction (Hero or Villain), if applicable
  • Errors (most likely caused by pieces or connections not found in or accepted by LDD), if any, and any Workarounds you might use

Building Guidelines:

• Do not submit models containing few pieces. This means no cups, studs, gold bricks, etc. as their own files. If you want to build single-piece builds, package them with other appropriate items. (e.g., types of studs and bricks together; not types of studs and types of cups)
  • It's not a requirement, but if at all possible, attempt to group props together (in reasonable combinations) unless they are really big.
  • Vehicles, however, should be posted as their own file.
  • It might seem obvious, but do not submit models that can be found in the Official Sets Index. For the most part, these are stock vehicles included in the game.
  • Don't submit two identical models grouped in one file. One is all you need.

Index:

LEGO Batman

batmanminikit1.png Minikit Canister - Randal

rcrobincar1.png Computer-controlled Robin Car - Matanuilover

suitchangers1.png Suit Changers - Matanuilover

Hero Levels:

Chapter 2: Power Crazed Penguin

"Under the City"

undercitytoilet1.png Toilet - Matanuilover

"Zoo's Company"

zoocompanypenguinride1.png Penguin Ride - Matanuilover

Villain Levels:

Chapter 1: The Riddler's Revenge

"Green Fingers"

killerplantvehicle1.png Killer Plant Vehicle - Randal

poisonivycar1.png Poison Ivy Flower Car - Randal

Chapter 2: Power Crazed Penguin

"A Daring Rescue"

crocvehicle1.png Crocodile Vehicle - Matanuilover

Chapter 3: The Joker's Return

"Joker's Home Turf"

hovertoxiccleanpod1.png Hovering Toxic Cleanup Pod - Randal

Bonus Levels:

"Wayne Manor"

waynemanorgardeningvehicle1.png Tracked Gardening Vehicle - Matanuilover

LEGO Star Wars:

minikit1.png Minikit Canister - Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars II:

cantinabactatanks1.png Cantina Bacta Tanks - Brickdoctor

lsw2cantinascreen_1.png Cantina Objects - Brickdoctor

cantinaoutdoorobjects1.png Cantina Outdoor Objects - Brickdoctor

Episode IV: A New Hope

"Secret Plans"

secretplansareaone1.png Area One Props - Brickdoctor

secretplansareatwo1.png Area Two Props - Brickdoctor

LEGO Universe:

luenemies1.png Assorted Enemies (not including mini-bosses) - matanuilover

"Avant Gardens"

lubuffalopet1.png Buffalo Pet - crabboy329

ludobermanpet1.png Doberman Pet - Lalror

luavantshop.png Launch Area Shop - crabboy329

luliftjumppad1.png Lift and Jump Pads - crabboy329

"Crux Prime"

luskeletondragonpet1.png Skeleton Dragon Pet - crabboy329

"Forbidden Valley"

lugoatpet1.png Goat Pet - Lalror

lumasterhouse1.png Master Fong Shader's House - crabboy329

luninjagate1.png Ninja Gate - crabboy329

lupandapet1.png Panda Pet - crabboy329

lusamuraishrine1.png Panda Shrine - crabboy329

"Frostburgh"

lureindeerpet1.png Reindeer Pet - Lalror

"Gnarled Forest"

lucrabpet1.png Crab Pet - crabboy329

lucrocpet1.png Crocodile Pet - crabboy329

luelephantpet1.png Elephant Pet - Lalror

lulionpet1.png Lion Pet - crabboy329

lupiratecampshop.png Pirate Camp Shop - crabboy329

lutortoisepet1.png Tortoise Pet - crabboy329

luwarthogpet1.png Warthog Pet - Lalror

"Pet Cove"

lucatpet1.png Cat Pet - Lalror

luterrierpet1.png Terrier Pet - Lalror

"Nimbus Station"

luassemblyhq1.png Assembly HQ - crabboy329

lurobotdogpet1.png Robot Dog Pet - crabboy 329

Incomplete Models:

T-Rex Skeleton (LEGO Batman; Villian Missions; Chapter 2; "Stealing the Show") - DrNightmare

Posts With Insufficient Data for Indexing:

Jack-in-the-Box (LEGO Batman; Hero Missions; Chapter 3; "Little Fun at the Big Top") - Matanuilover

Edited by Brickdoctor

Sure, this sounds like a good idea. Let's roll.....

Brickdoctor - For the time being, use your own post as Index post, and I'll figure out how to make it the first post in the topic.

Poison Ivy Flower Car: Green Fingers (Villain Level)

LXF File

poison_ivy_car_-_green_fingers_level_2.png

Either Tt cheated twice or I missed a couple steps. On the front, the only way I was able to get both leaf bricks on was with a cheat. I may have just miscalculated and there's a slightly different configuration there. The second one is on the flower stem. It appears to have two mini cones butted in a way you can't butt them. So I went with a slightly different configuration.

I'm currently working on the "Feed me, Seymour!" walking plant from this same level and I'm going to edit the colors in this one.

Edited by Randal

Tt DID cheat. Though I avoided it in my croc build, there wasn't the piece needed that was cheated with anyway.

With this toilet from lego batman hero level "under the city", the cheating with the handle was as obvious in the game as it is in my build.

Fixed the coloring, Aanchir.

Edited by Matanuilover

Poison Ivy Flower Car: Green Fingers (Villain Level)

LXF File

Either Tt cheated twice or I missed a couple steps. On the front, the only way I was able to get both leaf bricks on was with a cheat. I may have just miscalculated and there's a slightly different configuration there. The second one is on the flower stem. It appears to have two mini cones butted in a way you can't butt them. So I went with a slightly different configuration.

I'm currently working on the "Feed me, Seymour!" walking plant from this same level and I'm going to edit the colors in this one.

Poison Ivy's skin should be 283 Light Nougat, not 224 Light Brick Yellow. Her torso should also be 283 Light Nougat, assuming she's the same as in the actual sets. Going further with that assumption, her hair should be 154 Dark Red rather than 193 Flame Reddish Orange, her waist should be 28 Dark Green rather than 141 Earth Green, and her legs should be 151 Sand Green rather than 119 Bright Yellowish Green.

FYI, Flame Reddish Orange and Light Brick Yellow are two colors that probably appeared in Belville or some other obscure theme. That's usually a safe assumption to make with colors like that which Bricklink does not acknowledge. Of course, they could have had even more obscure uses than that-- they're some colors whose use in actual sets I've never been totally able to identify. Earth Green is what Bricklink calls Dark Green, and is a much less obscure color.

Since I don't have the game on hand, I can't verify anything completely, but the car itself definitely follows some of the most important rules of a LEGO model-- specifically, it uses colors that were current at the time that media (the LEGO Batman game) was released, and the colors are common and well-known rather than obscure. Great work replicating this, and I'd love to see more Traveler's Tales builds!

EDIT:

Croc vehicle that you can build from the lego batman villain level "a daring rescue"

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/matanuilover/MyOCs/croc.lxf

Is there any way i can up my max amount of attachment K in order to show more pictures?

The vehicle should use 5 Brick Yellow rather than 224 Light Brick Yellow for tan parts. Everything else seems OK.

Tt DID cheat. Though I avoided it in my croc build, there wasn't the piece needed that was cheated with anyway.

With this toilet from lego batman hero level "under the city", the cheating with the handle was as obvious in the game as it is in my build.

Assuming that TT used current and non-obscure colors, the toilet's lid should be either 154 Dark Red or 38 Dark Orange rather than 216 Rust. I'm not sure what Rust was ever used for either-- but it certainly wasn't in any mainstream System sets. The toilet should also be regular 1 White rather than 50 Phosphorescent White, unless said toilet is supposed to glow in the dark. :laugh: If it's darker than regular white but lighter than light bluish gray (194 Medium Stone Grey), then it's 208 Light Stone Grey.

Edited by Aanchir

@Aanchir: While I appreciate your quest for perfection, I'm pretty sure there's a rule in this forum about re-posting images in quoted posts.

Up next we have the Killer Plant Vehicle from the Green Fingers level of Lego Batman. It is possibly my favorite build in any Lego Licensed game I've seen yet and was the inspiration for this topic.

LXF File

carnivorous_plant_vehicle_-_green_fingers_level.png

I had to cheat to get that image. It's an edited photo. You can't seat a figure in a chair with that hair. As for why she has a green torso instead of light nougat, call me modest, but there's no bustier that I can decorate onto a light nougat torso and I'm not posting a topless Poison Ivy in this forum. Tt cheated as well. Those bottom front teeth are impossible to place the way they did it. There are some parts in the neck they used that LDD doesn't have, so I replaced them the best I could. The pieces that make up the back of the head were replacements for parts that I can't find in LDD. The colors are the best I could approximate them, as I can't exactly trust the color adjustments on my CRT TV. (I know... pity me.)

Sure, this sounds like a good idea. Let's roll.....

Brickdoctor - For the time being, use your own post as Index post, and I'll figure out how to make it the first post in the topic.

If you consider my post to be an introduction, then it won't matter that Brickdoctor's index is the second post. It honestly looks fine to me. Especially since my first post is so short.

Okay guys, Index is updated, and I've added a little bit of guideline:

Posting Format:

-Include the following:

Link to .lxf file

Image that conforms to EB's image posting guidelines

Name of game, level, and faction (if applicable)

Explanation of any errors (if applicable)

Any posts prior to this post have been indexed anyways, but please update them accordingly.

Because I have no idea what levels come where in some of the games, everything is ordered alphabetically.

Superkalle, for the time being, each entry is linked to the .lxf file, but would you prefer it that way or linked to the post where the builder submitted it?

This penguin is from batman hero level "zoo's company"

This is fun :classic:

The levers should probably be 194 Medium Stone Grey rather than 2 Grey. But otherwise, everything seems flawless!

@Aanchir: While I appreciate your quest for perfection, I'm pretty sure there's a rule in this forum about re-posting images in quoted posts.

Up next we have the Killer Plant Vehicle from the Green Fingers level of Lego Batman. It is possibly my favorite build in any Lego Licensed game I've seen yet and was the inspiration for this topic.

LXF File

I had to cheat to get that image. It's an edited photo. You can't seat a figure in a chair with that hair. As for why she has a green torso instead of light nougat, call me modest, but there's no bustier that I can decorate onto a light nougat torso and I'm not posting a topless Poison Ivy in this forum. Tt cheated as well. Those bottom front teeth are impossible to place the way they did it. There are some parts in the neck they used that LDD doesn't have, so I replaced them the best I could. The pieces that make up the back of the head were replacements for parts that I can't find in LDD. The colors are the best I could approximate them, as I can't exactly trust the color adjustments on my CRT TV. (I know... pity me.)

If you consider my post to be an introduction, then it won't matter that Brickdoctor's index is the second post. It honestly looks fine to me. Especially since my first post is so short.

Sorry about the image-- forgot that applied to all topics here. I'll avoid it in the future.

Possible errors:

• 210 Faded Green and 233 Light Faded Green are dreadfully obscure colors-- you'd probably be best to avoid them, since I doubt Traveler's Tales would have been using them. It's much more likely for the model to have used 151 Sand Green.
  • Kind of surprised TT would use so much bright green-- it's not a very obscure color, granted, but it's still not all that common. Are you certain it wasn't supposed to be 119 Bright Yellowish Green?
  • Do the teeth glow in the dark? If not, they should be 1 White rather than 50 Phosphorescent White. In fact, if they do glow in the dark, they should probably be 294 Phosphorescent Green, the color that replaced 50 Phosphorescent White in 2006.
  • I respect your reason for the coloration of Poison Ivy's torso, but still it should probably be just 28 Dark Green, as should the waist. Again, I'm assuming that she has the same coloration as in sets-- I don't remember her having any alternate costumes, although I didn't play the game much myself so I might be forgetting something.

That models look fun!

But were can you get pictures of models from the tt games?

That models look fun!

I use the tutorial videos for how to beat the levels. Not only do they show you the model but they also show it being built!

Suit-changer thingies! Almost all levels. Pretty much the only part that is accurate is the plate 1x2 w/ stick, but you all know these just HAVE to be here...sorta ^_^;

Edited by Matanuilover

That models look fun!

I own Lego Batman and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, So my builds from those will be from studying the models as I make my characters put them together. I'll soon have the Indiana Jones games as rentals. I already rented the Harry Potter one, and may eventually buy it, though it's not as fun as Batman... there's no senseless rampaging around, destroying everything in sight. At least, not in the levels I played. Matanuilover's method sounds like it's more accessable though, as not everyone has ready access to these games. I recommend getting ready access to them though. They are a lot of fun to play.

Slight clarification and visual update of the Submission Format Guidelines:

Posting Format:

You must submit your model in a post containing at least the following:

• Link to the .lxf file of the model
  • Image of the model, not exceeding 800x600 pixels
  • Name of the model; make a plausible guess if none is known
  • Game and Level wherein the model is found; also include the Faction (Hero or Villain), if applicable
  • Errors (most likely caused by pieces or connections not found in or accepted by LDD), if any, and any Workarounds you might use

If you're unsure about what colors to pick as you retro-engineer a game build, there is no need to worry. We have enlisted the help of Aanchir, who will download your link, color correct the model to the best of his expertise and post a corrected file into a central brickshelf account which Brickdoctor will use to index from. I made it specifically for this index so that we have things streamlined and regulated. This will be done automatically, so you do not need to ask for this service to be performed on your build.

If you want to participate in this thread, but don't have any Tt Lego games, Matanuilover has found a way around this as he has explained in one of his earlier posts.

Edited by Randal

Okay, here's a model post for everyone to copy:

Minikit Canister

LEGO Star Wars, all games, all levels

minikitscreen.png

Errors:

-TT used a Plate Modified 1 x 1 with Lamp Holder Vertical that has never been produced by TLG; replaced with a 1 x 1 clip and the lever was 'floated'.

.lxf file

I modified Brickdoctors SW minikit and made the Batman one. It obviously has the same changes made, along with the missing bat symbol.

legobatmanminikit.png

LXF File

Index updated. I Googled a list of levels for LEGO Batman, so the levels are now in order, but models are still in alphabetical order under each level.

Minikit Canister

Errors:

-TT used a Plate Modified 1 x 1 with Lamp Holder Vertical that has never been produced by TLG; replaced with a 1 x 1 clip and the lever was 'floated'.

You could use a simple plate 2x1, perhaps it is a bit less good looking, but the lever will not be "floating".

You could use a simple plate 2x1, perhaps it is a bit less good looking, but the lever will not be "floating".

I tried that, but it looks totally ugly. It really ruined the rounded-off look of the canister as a whole.

Of course, if someone else wants to do one without 'floating', I'd be happy to index that as well.

Cantina Objects (specifically, Area Signs in Open [green] and Locked [red] colors, Exit [to outside] sign, lamps in two colors, overhead lights, two kinds of chairs, and the hologram projector)

LEGO Star Wars II, game hub

lsw2cantinascreen.png

Errors:

-Printing missing from all Tile 2 x 2 Rounds

.lxf file

This post is an illustration of the latest addition to the Rules and Guidelines:

Building Guidelines:

• Do not submit models containing few pieces. This means no cups, studs, gold bricks, etc. as their own files. If you want to build single-piece builds, package them with other appropriate items. (e.g., types of studs and bricks together; not types of studs and types of cups)

Of course, I don't want to take over this Index tyrannically, so at this point when the Index is still young, feel free to PM me if you disagree with any of the Rules and Guidelines. :classic:

Edited by Brickdoctor

Cantina Outdoor Objects (three types of silver moisture vaporators and the console for the MINI models)

LEGO Star Wars II; game hub outdoor area

cantinaoutdoorobjectsscreen.png

Errors:

-TT evidently just decided to use LEGO widths for their cylinders and rods, but totally disregarded official lengths. I did my best to recreate them.

-TT also used a sort of a 6-wide cylinder in the style of the 8-wide official ones. I used SNOTed arches to get the shape, but the model is just 'floating' together since LDD is too strict about connections to attach the different pieces.

-Printing on the Slope Brick 45 2 x 2 on the console was replaced with an available alternative.

-No idea what color TT used for the silver objects, but I used Silver since Chrome Silver isn't available in LDD.

.lxf file

Cantina Bacta Tanks

LEGO Star Wars II; game hub

cantinabactatanksscreen.png

Errors:

-TT again used the 6-wide cylinder that doesn't exist, this time in the bottom 'floor' of each tank. I used an inverted 6-wide dish to seal it off and placed a 4-wide round plate on top to show the studs. The 6-wide dish was also used to seal off the tops.

-TT merged the edges of each tank that touch into one row of bricks, to put the tanks one stud apart. This is not possible with any existing official bricks, so I left the tanks two studs apart.

-In-game, the roof and floor of the cantina aren't constructed of bricks. Because of this, the outer rings of bricks around the top and bottom white portions of the tanks as well as the portions sealing off the ends of the tanks are 'floating'. Were the cantina roof and floor made of bricks, these 'floating' bricks would all connect properly.

-Because the minifigs inside the tanks are changed as the game goes on, the tanks were left empty.

.lxf file

I think the bacta tanks are my favorite models so far. That takes care of the cantina (minus the cups and outside debris), so now I'm going to go and play the levels.

EDIT: Editing to avoid a triple post. Hopefully you guys notice this. Added a couple more guidelines to make indexing smoother:

Building Guidelines:

• It's not a requirement, but if at all possible, attempt to group props together (in reasonable combinations) unless they are really big.
  • Vehicles, however, should be posted as their own file.
  • It might seem obvious, but do not submit models that can be found in the Official Sets Index. For the most part, these are stock vehicles included in the game.
  • Don't submit two identical models grouped into one file. One is all you need.

And to illustrate that, here are the props found in the first room of the "Secret Plans" level:

"Secret Plans" Area One Props (Memory Chip Dispenser, silver grating, control panels, destroyable containers, and door greebling)

LEGO Star Wars II; "Secret Plans"

secretplansareaonescreen.png

Errors:

-In-game, the back of the Memory Chip Machine is up against a wall. For this model, there is a row of plates jutting out in that space from the arches. The plates can be eliminated with use of the non-plated variant, but that exists only as a 4-wide piece, and the machine is 7-wide at that point. In addition, the two side pieces are left 'floating', although they could be attached to the machine provided there was space behind it.

-TT used a sort of 1 x 1 Macaroni brick in the building of the destroyable containers. I could have made that shape using SNOT, but TT also used a 1-plate high version of that brick in the same build, so I went with 4-wide round bricks and plates instead.

-Again, the explosive-destroyable pieces were colored Silver. Not sure what color TT used.

.lxf file

Edited by Brickdoctor

Wow. I had imagined this as builds of things that the characters build throughout the games, but I like that you're recreating other background stuff. My next stab at this is going to be the little hovering toxic clean-up vehicle from... I can't remember which level. There is a non-clean-up version of it in the level you unlock after achieving Super-Hero status in all the hero levels. First things first though. I have to unlock LU mode on my new laptop.

Edited by Randal

Wow. I had imagined this as builds of things that the characters build throughout the games, but I like that you're recreating other background stuff. My next stab at this is going to be the little hovering toxic clean-up vehicle from... I can't remember which level. There is a non-clean-up version of it in the level you unlock after achieving Super-Hero status in all the hero levels. First things first though. I have to unlock LU mode on my new laptop.

Heh. Yeah, originally I too intended only to build the major things (bacta tanks were first on my list), but I got in and basically everywhere I looked there was a playable object that, of course, was done with LEGO. It's a tedious process; playing the levels a couple rooms at a time and screenshotting everything. Luckily, I'm on a Mac with the Windows version of LSW2, so I can run the game on the virtual machine and stop after every room to build. And I don't have to worry about taking to much time building and not being able to finish the level, because I can suspend the virtual machine with the game paused and come back another day.

As for your model, since I don't have Batman, you'll have to figure out which level it's in. Treat it as an excuse to play the game for an hour or so instead of doing something else. :wink: Also, if you make both versions, since they're vehicles, please do it in two separate files. Thanks. :classic:

Edited by Brickdoctor