Randal

Index of LDD builds found in Lego video games

Here is my best guess at the little hover pod from "Joker's Home Turf", The first level in the Joker story. As far as I can tell, I only had to replace one brick, which would be an inverted version of the one you see off to the side. I don't exactly know how they built the original toxic waste collection canister either. As far as the colors go, I'm sure Aanchir will get them sorted out.

LXF File

toxic_waste_collecting_hover_pod_-_jokers_home_turf.png

[Edit:] I noticed that I forgot the windshield so I updated the LXF, but not the image file here. I'm sure Brickdoctor will update his thumbnail though, to better reflect the build. Also, the only reason Robin is in this build is because you need his collector suit to make this. I reworked Robin to include an approximation of the collector suit. This suit would be totally feasible if the plate on the back could be centered on a hollowed brick knob, as I would have used rooftops instead of wedges and the five knobbed 1x1 brick to tie it all together. (also, I changed Robin's hair from the Riddlers hair to one that looks more like Robin's hair.)

Edited by Randal

Updated. Just to let you know, I deleted the brick on the side for the purposes of the thumbnail, but I still linked to your original file and the model itself has not been altered. :classic:

Can we expand this and change the title to include all Lego video games. The reason I am asking is that Lego Universe has some pretty cool models that are definitely worth adding to this collection.

Can we expand this and change the title to include all Lego video games. The reason I am asking is that Lego Universe has some pretty cool models that are definitely worth adding to this collection.

Not a bad idea, since there's also the old games like Racers and Chess that also have builds. I'll talk to the rest of the organizers behind this Index. :classic:

I started building the T-Rex skeleton from LEGO Batman, but got annoyed that I couldn't find some of the hinges needed to make the arms and couldn't see other bricks at all so I gave up. Please feel free to finish this up anyone. :)

T-Rex Dinosaur Skeleton - http://www.mediafire.com/?c91vrbea5hrovn6

Location: LEGO Batman Villain Missions Act 2 - "Stealing the Show"

Errors

-In-game, the front bottom teeth attach directly to the wedge-plate, that's impossible, so I used some white clips instead.

-Obviously the skeleton's spine can't bend like in the game, the only to do that is to use white studs with holes in them and glue everything together with an elastic band.

-I couldn't recreate the smooth-top 2x2 round brick (it doesn't exist) at the neck joint, I used a normal 2x2 round brick.

-The front-most wedge that creates the top of the skull needs to be attached to the rest of the skull somehow, it's just floating there.

-The arms need to be redone (they're my own bad design), couldn't find the proper hinge pieces.

-The claws and teeth should be some kind of tan (sand?)

Hints

-The T-Rex and his little dino-buddy appear in "Stealing the Show". To get a good look at the T-Rex, ride it all the way to the right side of the screen and walk very close to the edge of the pit, pointing the body part you want to see directly at the screen. Then hop off the dino and walk up against the wall, the camera's zoom will put the Dino in almost full view! Reposition the T-Rex simply by riding it, or if you want to put it closer to the pit without riding it into the pit, just jump off and push against it so it slides slowly.

dinoz.jpg

Edited by DrNightmare

I honestly had blinders on because I was playing the Tt games when I made this topic. I had forgot that they weren't behind LU (But probably should have been overseeing it, judging from LU's current fix...)...

I basically wanted a place for Lego Game Builds that you don't see anywhere else. There's some pretty awesome stuff in there. I'm all for making this an all Lego Game index. I don't know how to change the topic, but I'm sure Superkalle either can do it himself or show me how. (Especially since I misspelled Travellers, thinking it was spelled the regular way.)

And you're welcome, DrNightmare. I love the ride on Dinosaur skeleton too.

[i edited the first post to include builds found in all Lego video games.]

Edited by Randal

[i edited the first post to include builds found in all Lego video games.]

Alrighty then! Superkalle, could you please edit the title?

DrNightmare, since your model is incomplete, I'll index it as such and someone else can finish it.

I have been trying to upload some models from Lego Universe, but whenever I click choose file, select the LDD file, and click attach this file it say the I am not permitted to upload this kind of file. Its just a plain Lxf file and hundreds of those have been uploaded now so I wasn't expecting any trouble. If anybody knows why its doing this I could use the help, thanks.

So I actually have to upload the file to an online holding site and then copy that link to this site? Will another site such as dropbox work too?

Also, getting off topic a little bit, but since there is no actual help section that I can find I guess this is as good as a place as any to ask. How do I get those little pics below by profily thingy on the left of my post, such as the LDD Builder and things like that?

So I actually have to upload the file to an online holding site and then copy that link to this site? Will another site such as dropbox work too?

Also, getting off topic a little bit, but since there is no actual help section that I can find I guess this is as good as a place as any to ask. How do I get those little pics below by profily thingy on the left of my post, such as the LDD Builder and things like that?

Yes. I do also recommend you read over the guidelines; you also need to post what game, level, chapter, etc. that the model is from, a title of the model, and a picture. Dropbox is fine, I guess, but since you need the image anyway if you plan on doing more of this, I'd highly suggest getting a Brickshelf account.

The entire Website and Forums forum is a help section, but to answer your question, those are tags, and you get them from staff members for doing things like winning a contest or being a good contributor to a forum. The LDD Builder tag is for those who do a lot of posting of LDD models in this forum.

Heh. It looks like a Doberman, which reminds me of "Alpha"... ('Up' was on tv this weekend.)

Heh. It looks like a Doberman, which reminds me of "Alpha"... ('Up' was on tv this weekend.)

Actually you are correct, and after reading some more detailed LU guides I realized that "Doberman Pet" is the official name for the animal, and thus I changed it accordingly!

Name: Elephant Pet

Link: Elephant Pet

Game: Lego Universe

Level: Gnarled Forest

Errors: If anybody can see how the leg pieces work that whole leg mechanism should be flipped. I tried several times but it is physically impossible but still close enough!

5505464917_ed171db681.jpg

Edited by Lalror

That elephant looks funny :laugh: .

Edited by legolijntje

Okay, I updated the index. Lalror, your presentation is fine and models have been indexed, but you've used Light Stone Grey for the Doberman's neck and the elephant in Grey. I'm pretty sure both should be Medium Stone Grey based on when LU was released.

I hope these are ok. They are all from LU and have been updated to fit with the offical rules (Sorry Brickdocter :blush:)

Name: Ninja gate model 1

Level: Forbidden Valley

File:link

gate_model_-_01.jpg

Name: Master Fong Shader's ninja house.

ninja_house_model_-_01.jpg

Name: Panda shrine

panda_shrine_-_01.jpg

The panda is in here too.

Okay, I updated the index. Lalror, your presentation is fine and models have been indexed, but you've used Light Stone Grey for the Doberman's neck and the elephant in Grey. I'm pretty sure both should be Medium Stone Grey based on when LU was released.

Yeah your right. I havent seen an old grey model while I have been playing LU.

Thanks, CB

Edited by crabboy329

I made these creations from LU a while ago but I think it might be usefull to have them put here.

[snip]

The panda is in here too.

I have other LU models in my brickshelf and there corrisponding LDD files.

Thanks for the contribution! :classic: Could you please list the info for each model, since I don't play LU and have no idea what's what? Thanks.

Thanks for the contribution! :classic: Could you please list the info for each model, since I don't play LU and have no idea what's what? Thanks.

Ok, sorry. I will try and find out some info, but there isn't much about them. I just choose to build them as I think they look cool :blush:. LU wikia has all the info.

Sorry, for the poor reply its just its late and im tired :hmpf_bad:.

Thanks, CB

Ok, sorry. I will try and find out some info, but there isn't much about them. I just choose to build them as I think they look cool :blush:. LU wikia has all the info.

Sorry, for the poor reply its just its late and im tired :hmpf_bad:.

No rush. I just need a game, level, name (make one up if you have to), and link to a specific .lxf file. I could go look it up and some of that sounds obvious, but for the sake of any readers you need to properly state it in your post, just like the required info for the Official Sets Index.

LOL! That is one scary mutant elephant!

Hmm, thats what everyone seems to be thinking, it looks like a plain baby elephant to me.

Name: Warthog Pet

Level: Gnarled Forest

Errors: The tan color may be off, its pretty hard to tell becuase of the different renderings of models in LU and LDD.

File: Link

5508775209_e06bb30ac2.jpg