Sign in to follow this  
OrangeKNight

WIP: Monkeylord Experimental Spiderbot

I got bored tonight, and one of the Threads over at the Gas Powered Games Forum turn to the topic of thier newest games, Supreme Commander 2, having a rediculous art syle where untis and buildsing look like they are made of LEGO, I took offence because that would actually be awesome, as this WIP MOC shows!

5460353371_05211095d2_z.jpg

Still need to work on the colors and greeble up that flat side area, btu all in all I'm pretty stoked about this.

For those Curious to see where this is from and to see it in Action, You gotta hit up the

, watching the whole 4 minutes is recommended, but those in a hurry can start at
to skip right to the important part.

Mike

Hi that looks really cool, make some parts brown, gold and light grey and stick a boiler on the back, sorted :thumbup::sweet:

That game looks pretty cool too, reminds me of command and conquer, I've always fancied making some models from that :wink:

Hi that looks really cool, make some parts brown, gold and light grey and stick a boiler on the back, sorted :thumbup::sweet:

That game looks pretty cool too, reminds me of command and conquer, I've always fancied making some models from that :wink:

Well, despite the massive amounts of black smoke the thing spews out ingame, its hardly steampunk! xD

As far as Commander adn conquer goes, IMO SupCom is by far superior, it has a steep-ish learning curve and requires a decent comp, but it is unlike any RTS game I've played before or have played since it came out about 4 years ago now give or take. Its definately worth checking out if your interested.

Anyways, I goot down to do the colors this morning and a touch more greebling on the sides, and here is the final result!

5462819441_428bc242f6_z.jpg

Next up is a part list and then eventually getting my hands on said parts!

Mike

I'm not familiar with the game, but seeing the reference video I must say that's a very good rendition of the M.E. Spiderbot in LDD. The second version is definitely much better in overall design and has more accurate color scheme. Will you do this in real bricks?

I'm not familiar with the game, but seeing the reference video I must say that's a very good rendition of the M.E. Spiderbot in LDD. The second version is definitely much better in overall design and has more accurate color scheme. Will you do this in real bricks?

Well....

Next up is a part list and then eventually getting my hands on said parts!

I think so ;p

Might just take a bit to actually get said bricks! xD

EDIT: Also came up with some alternate team Color schemes;

LegoMonkeylordV04Colors.jpg

Saddly the Yellow is impossible, but ht erest should be fine.

Mike

Edited by OrangeKNight

That's looking awesome, it'll be even cooler in bricks.

I really struggle coming up with good legs, is it alright to use these designs?

They look really simple and effective.

You can use the setup, its not exactly ground breaking, the legs themselvs are just Horizontal Clips and 1x2 Plates with Handles, the hips on the other hand, I and a touch proud of(but I'm sure they've been done before by someone), but they only really work for Multipeds or Spider/Insect analogs

Read This Thread, in it I kinda talk about how I went about familiarising myself with building Mechas and such.

Mike

Looks fantastic. Just missing the Heavy Electron Bolters that it uses for its long ranged attack, they should be where the grey clips are. You just need a microwave laser commander and you're ready to waltz into battle.

Looks fantastic. Just missing the Heavy Electron Bolters that it uses for its long ranged attack, they should be where the grey clips are.

Might be because those grey clips ARE the Electron Bolters ;p

Mike

That's awesome, I got the game almost a year ago when it was on clearance and I immediatly loved this unit (and the whole cybran nation :laugh:) I would love to see this one in minifig scale :classic::thumbup:

That's awesome, I got the game almost a year ago when it was on clearance and I immediatly loved this unit (and the whole cybran nation :laugh:) I would love to see this one in minifig scale :classic::thumbup:

While it would be fantastic, the problem comes when you remember that the scaling in SupCom is kinda weird, the Monkeylord is close to 100 Meters tall!

Mike

You can use the setup, its not exactly ground breaking, the legs themselvs are just Horizontal Clips and 1x2 Plates with Handles, the hips on the other hand, I and a touch proud of(but I'm sure they've been done before by someone), but they only really work for Multipeds or Spider/Insect analogs

Read This Thread, in it I kinda talk about how I went about familiarising myself with building Mechas and such.

Mike

Thanks for the links, it did help, now I'm gonna go off and experiment :grin: