Sign in to follow this  
Igoran

Exclusive set for Toy Fair 2011

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

As in previous years, especially for the ending this week, "Toy Fair 2011, LEGO Company has released an exclusive set. Box design, and even instructions on the cover of the issue maintain secrecy until the last moment.

tfex1.jpg

This year proved to be a secret set of characters of Star Wars Boba Fet, Han Solo and Chewbacca, but not familiar to us mini-figures, but the scale of Miniland.

According to the author review FBTB, the three most successful figure was composed of 140 parts Boba Fet.

tfex2.jpg

tfex3.jpg

Unique opportunity to acquire this exclusive use system Bricklink. But the experience of past years, the number of sets produced unlikely to exceed several hundred, so the price it will not be merciful.

Source: FBTB

This set is pretty horrendous. I feel sorry for the collectors that must "catch 'em all", especially when they have to pay top dollar for something like this.

This set is pretty horrendous. I feel sorry for the collectors that must "catch 'em all", especially when they have to pay top dollar for something like this.

I must agree, i've seen better block style moc's done by members here.

It'd be cool to get for free but it's never buy them.

Maybe they would work well within the Miniland environment. They do look 'very Lego' but are lacking the character and charm of CubeDudes. :thumbdown:

wow, they're spectacularly disappointing. I wouldn't display those if I was given them :sick:

Yeah I like them cause they look like Mini-land esque or similar to the free models kids get in the Lego Stores.

But I would NOT pay a premium for it.

Well, I guess for once I'm not sad for missing out... not only could I build these from parts I already have (or a very minimum BL order), but I don't have to because they're not particularly good.

I guess I'm lucky I'm not one of those people who needs some sort of certificate of authenticity... I just like the LEGO.

Edited by fred67

Already mentioned here, but it could do with its own topic.

Boba is easily the best of the group, but even he isn't looking the best. I do think that they look like they'd fit in well with the blocky style of Miniland figures.

I actually like them.

(and judging from the replies, I'm the only one)

Dont forget about me. I like them because they look like they are Mini-land styled. I dont particularly like the Ministyle in general, but they look like they came right out of the Legoland park.

One of these just went for $540 on eBay, with four more active ones being at least $200. I used to be a completest, turns out I've found out what the limit of my completionism is. :-p

I think my 4 year old nephew could do better than that. I love Lego but I have my limits.!

I wouldn't be that harsh. Han, maybe a talented YFOL could do, since he's basically stacking bricks. But Chewie's SNOT build is something most younger builders wouldn't consider, and if you look closely Boba is built in true Miniland style, with plenty of small pieces and techniques like half-plate offsets.

I actually think these are pretty good- remember guys, these are miniland style, not your average fig. With that in mind, these are fantastic.

Yeah the figs are decent at best (when viewed as a miniland figures), but I think this exclusive set is targeted mainly for hard-core SW collectors with lots of resources to dispose. 'Ordinary' fans like us would rather spend our limited budget on other sets that would satisfy us the most.

Yeah the figs are decent at best (when viewed as a miniland figures), but I think this exclusive set is targeted mainly for hard-core SW collectors with lots of resources to dispose. 'Ordinary' fans like us would rather spend our limited budget on other sets that would satisfy us the most.

Yeah it's like white box/blue box. Collectors need something to collect, poor lads! :laugh:

... I think this exclusive set is targeted mainly for hard-core SW collectors with lots of resources to dispose. 'Ordinary' fans like us would rather spend our limited budget on other sets that would satisfy us the most.

Well to them, it's apparently better than 'another' X-wing, TIE fighter, or snowspeeder. *rolls eyes*

One of these just went for $540 on eBay, with four more active ones being at least $200. I used to be a completest, turns out I've found out what the limit of my completionism is. :-p

Exactly! This is the first set that I have passed up.

Exactly! This is the first set that I have passed up.

The fact alone that you could buy this and this but not this set really says a lot about how bad it is.

The fact alone that you could buy this and this but not this set really says a lot about how bad it is.

Hey i like both of those sets. hehe really I do. I have them both.