Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Werewolf Mafia: Day 5

Night fell, and as usual, blood was shed within Baron Isaac Edgar's manor in that cold Autumn in England.

The first to fall was Phillip Peers, by the hand of the musket killer.

5454569689_a25b1d6f3e_z.jpg

*BANG!*

5454570767_aaa3022bfa_z.jpg

Next, the killer becomes the killed, and Terence Lyons, the eldest of the remaining guests, is stabbed in the back.

5454571897_c8145fecda_z.jpg

5454572849_483a55471c_z.jpg

Finally, Sebastien Vaughn is wandering the manor, whistling and singing to himself about how good living is. He noted the two blood-drenched bodies on the floor.

5455185666_950eb41db0_z.jpg

"Don't worry chaps, it's not as bad as you think", he said, chipper. "Who knows? Maybe you'll come back like I did". He laughed to himself.

5455186696_c99003a616_z.jpg

"Oh..."

5454576023_bf58673a3d_z.jpg

Later, another revival ceremony was performed, this time on Beatrice Synclair.

5454577143_8dc68aa6da_z.jpg

She rose, and turned to face her rescuer.

5454578189_c2db91a30b_z.jpg

"Thank you", she said.

In the morning, after the mess left behind was cleaned up, the alliances of the deceased were discussed.

Phillip Peers was unfortunately, a loyal Villager. And of course, Sebastien, just recently killed once before, was also a Villager. However, Terence Lyons seemed to be working alone, with a purpose of hunting beasts of the supernatural. He was Neutral.

And again, the villagers marveled at the return of another thought to be dead, Beatrice, and later returned to their daily lynching.

5454581385_868257b5fb_z.jpg

You must wait 24 hours before voting.

Rules:

This game will follow the basic conventions of a Mafia Game. Each "day", you will be given 3 real days in which to vote for someone to kill. To convict, the player with the most votes will be lynched. If someone has been convicted, their loyalty will be revealed shortly after. After this the night phase will begin, which will last 2-3 real days. Then the cycle will repeat. Those players with night actions must send in their choices to the game moderator (me) within 24 hours, or they will not be counted.

- Voting is to be done in the day thread, and should follow the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Please note the use of bold. This is the only format that will be accepted. To unvote someone, the same applies: Unvote: Character (Player).

- A conviction is reached at the end of the day, in which the player with the most votes is lynched. If there is tie, the player who got the most votes first is lynched.

- There is a 24 hour limit at the beginning of each day. You are not allowed to vote during this time. The game moderator may or may not announce when the limit is lifted, so pay attention to when the Day thread was posted.

- You may not edit your posts. Violation may result in penalty votes and/or a mod kill. - Do not ever directly quote or claim to quote something the game moderator has sent to you via PM, whether it be your character information, night action results, or any other form of communication. Violation of this rule will result in a moderator kill. You may of course paraphrase any information you receive; if it is your own words then it is fine.

- Do not discuss game tactics or "play the game" outside the game thread, including in the General Discussion thread. You may communicate privately via PM, but this is at your own risk, and should be considered part of playing the game.

- Likewise, please avoid posting out of character (OOC) in the game thread.

- No metagaming (specifically, basing judgment on how someone played in another game. References to past games and roles, not relating to any specific player, are okay).

- Please be considerate towards the host. I will try my best to stick to the schedule, and your cooperation will help this greatly, particularly getting night actions in promptly.

- There may be certain punishments for not reaching a conviction during the day. Said punishments are final, and are to be obeyed.

- Night actions sent after 24 hours into the Night Phase will not be counted. Please send them in quickly, even if you don't plan on using your action. The sooner I get night actions, the sooner the next day can begin.

- Lastly, this is very important: Do NOT reveal any game information or even communicate with other players concerning the game at all if you are dead.Yes, this includes speaking to other dead players about the game. If you're dead, then you're dead, so act like it. Absolutely nothing is allowed to be revealed until the game's conclusion is posted.

Players:

5401943209_08b8cb3789_m.jpg Ignatius Conan (Inconspicuous) - Wealthy businessman and owner of Blackwood's general store.

5401943441_0cdd2dc15a_m.jpg Harriet Clive (Hinckley) - Worker at the general store.

5402543634_1919366b1d_m.jpg Angela Fairfax (Alopex) - Duchess of southeast England, married to William.

5401943649_cf84a90ea5_m.jpg Archibald Rynne (Admiral Ron) - Waiter at the local Irish restaurant.

5401943745_f23618bd24_m.jpg William Fairfax (WhiteFang) - Duke of southeast England, married to Angela.

5401943995_01cd4526e7_m.jpg Samuel Synclair (Sandy) - Husband of Beatrice, father of Quinn, and elder brother of Charles.

5401944167_f75de15ac0_m.jpgCharles Synclair (CallMePie) - Professor at Oxford, younger brother of Samuel.

5402544244_efb1304740_m.jpg Arianna Jacques (Lord Arjay) - Everyday citizen of Blackwood.

5401944551_ef836446af_m.jpgPenelope Fletcher (Professor Flitwick) - Servant of the baron.

5402544516_98fc6d1982_m.jpg Fiona Gates (Fugazi) - Servant of the baron.

5401944657_98259e1be1_m.jpg Reginald Greyson (Rick) - Retired admiral of the Royal Navy.

5401944713_ff0e053e4b_m.jpg Ruben Roland (Rufus) - Teacher at the local school.

5401944767_83e6ac074a_m.jpg Ebenezer Hewitt (Eskallon) - Chief of the village police force.

5401944833_3bc6b14fc9_m.jpg Isaac Edgar (iamded) - Baron of the large manor on the village borders.

5401943807_d4baf820b1_m.jpg Beatrice Synclair (Badboytje88) - Mother of Quinn and Husband of Samuel.

Deceased:

5402543872_6e3d4d3b4c_m.jpg Zed Phillips (Zepher) - Werewolf, lynched Day 1

5401944355_723af0b4c9_m.jpg Dacius Nathans (Dragonator) - Villager, killed Night 1

5401944075_aab4848a08_m.jpgAdam Sokern (Sok117) - Villager, lynched Day 2

5401943253_2d9789ab2f_m.jpg Daniel O'Donnell (Def) - Rogue, killed Night 2

5401945109_1141d9af46_m.jpg Raleigh Clifton (Ricecracker) - Villager, killed Night 2

5401943329_55d824e4f1_m.jpg Benjamin Cobb (Bob The Construction Man) - Rogue, killed Night 3

5402543936_e71bdcbfa6_m.jpgWalter Knox (Walter Kovacs) - Villager, killed Night 3

5401944477_0ea198d957_m.jpg Quinn Synclair (Quarryman) - Rouge, lynched Day 4

5401944993_3225aa9b54_m.jpg Phillip Peers (Peanuts) - Villager, killed Night 4

5401944399_2246277923_m.jpg Terence Lyons (TinyPiesRUs) - Neutral, killed Night 4

5402543556_cb60129620_m.jpg Sebastien Vaughn (Shadows) - Villager, killed Night 4

Alas, Sebastien. But I do think it was only a matter of time, his allegience and role revealed.

Beatrice, we've all red Zed's book of the mafiascum.net series, the book on vampires. We know they're killed as villagers, but return as villains. So, you're going right back into hell you devil-spawn. You once helped us, but now, you're as filthy as your son.

OK, last night's plan didn't work at all. :cry_sad:

Sorry, Sebastien. We took a gamble and it didn't pay off...at all.

It's clear the sword killer is not on our side.

Beatrice must be killed, but who brought her back? If it's the same person who did last time, they have some explaining to do...

We had a theory that we tested with Quinn: Everybody seems to have a night action. So, we checked with everybody what their night action is. Those who didn't claim to have one, we moved to the top of our suspicion list. Quinn didn't claim to have one, he was a rogue. Philip claimed to not have one so we asked Terence to kill him. The theory was not proven...

I'll wait until the rest of the night actions come in to see what we can take away from last night. I have a couple of theories, but as I hear a grumble or two that I'm running things, I shall simply present the facts and let all the people decide what the best route for voting is.

I apologize for losing Sebastien. I took a gamble that cost us our sane investigator. I hope we can recover.

It's clear the sword killer is not on our side.

Why not? If the musket killer wasn't a vigilante, I think the swordsman is. It's killed a Rogue and a Neutral and a Villager. It's not Rogue, it's unlikely it's Neutral, and I don't think it knew Terence was the musket killer. Killing another villager could have been an accident.

Why not? If the musket killer wasn't a vigilante, I think the swordsman is. It's killed a Rogue and a Neutral and a Villager. It's not Rogue, it's unlikely it's Neutral, and I don't think it knew Terence was the musket killer. Killing another villager could have been an accident.

But Terrence was the one who Killed Benjamin, remember? He was killing who we were asking him to. He may have been neutral but he was choosing to work with us. Are you suggesting Neutral Supernatural Hunters should be killed?

Why do you keep defending the sword killer? He's done nothing but hurt us in the last two nights. If he was talking to us, we could've told him to avoid killing Terence. We could've warned him that killing Beatrice would've turned her into the vampire. I seriously doubt he's working for the good of the village. Do you know something we don't Charles?? :look:

But Terrence was the one who Killed Benjamin, remember? He was killing who we were asking him to. He may have been neutral but he was choosing to work with us. Are you suggesting Neutral Supernatural Hunters should be killed?

Why do you keep defending the sword killer? He's done nothing but hurt us in the last two nights. If he was talking to us, we could've told him to avoid killing Terence. We could've warned him that killing Beatrice would've turned her into the vampire. I seriously doubt he's working for the good of the village. Do you know something we don't Charles?? :look:

Yes, but the sword killer was one who killed Daniel, so that person is not Rogue. The person couldbe on our side, and just not be privately...chatting....with you. Or yes, the sword killer could be a neutral. Or just a serial killer. And even if he/she is Rogue, what are we going to do? We have no leads as to who it could be, anyway.

Yes, but the sword killer was one who killed Daniel, so that person is not Rogue. The person couldbe on our side, and just not be privately...chatting....with you. Or yes, the sword killer could be a neutral. Or just a serial killer. And even if he/she is Rogue, what are we going to do? We have no leads as to who it could be, anyway.

I would then beg the damn sword killer to come talk to me so we could compare freakin notes because I've certainly proven I can be trusted since I've led us to the conviction of a Werewolf, the death of a Rogue and the conviction of a Rogue. So, I would like the sword killer to stop killing people we trust or have useful night actions. We can work together and win this whole thing. :hmpf: It's aggravating...

Let me explain what happened with Sebastien's protection from last night: I thought we through enough suspicion towards him that he was re-incarnated as a rogue that the rogues would want to keep him around to cause suspicion. We hoped, at most, they would block him, assuming he was being protected or that he would cause confusion for the villages as we had tried to make it seem. That was a gamble that didn't pay off. It actually blew up in our face...or more appropriately...axed into our chests...

:cry_sad: Sorry, Sebastien. That was a bad strategy move on my part. I guarantee I shall never ever hear the end of it, even if you are dead.

Well, what an evening we have had, its a darn shame that we lost 2 villagers, but at least we got the musket killer. It appears I was wrong, Beatrice did come back. However, I do not think that she is scum. She was declared a villager when she was killed, as was Sebastian. Sebastian came back as a villager, why cannot Beatrice? But this is assuming that this is the same person who brought them both back, which I think they are. Does this make any sense?

Well, what an evening we have had, its a darn shame that we lost 2 villagers, but at least we got the musket killer. It appears I was wrong, Beatrice did come back. However, I do not think that she is scum. She was declared a villager when she was killed, as was Sebastian. Sebastian came back as a villager, why cannot Beatrice? But this is assuming that this is the same person who brought them both back, which I think they are. Does this make any sense?

Are you completely dense? The musket killer killed Benjamin for us. Have you not been paying attention? He was working with us.

And did you see the pissed-off look on Beatrice's face? Have you read the stories of Zed's about the vampire? Do you remember what Beatrice told us about being bitten by a vampire?

You think the musket killer was a bad guy, you think Beatrice is a good guy... I think you're scum. :hmpf_bad:

Are you completely dense? The musket killer killed Benjamin for us. Have you not been paying attention? He was working with us.

But he is neutral, which I believe is another faction we have to eliminate. Even if he is working for us, he could also apparently work for the scum.

And did you see the pissed-off look on Beatrice's face? Have you read the stories of Zed's about the vampire? Do you remember what Beatrice told us about being bitten by a vampire?

You think the musket killer was a bad guy, you think Beatrice is a good guy... I think you're scum. :hmpf_bad:

Perhaps she was secretly suicidal, depressed about her previous bite. And yes, but I do not think it really applies here. She may have been bitten by a vampire, but that does not mean she will return as a bloodsucker, she hasnt yet. As for Zed's book, doesnt that also mean Sebastian was supposed to be a vampire. He wasnt.

And I suggest you think again before you accuse the innocent of being scum for using a different direction with their logic.

Well, that was a brilliant night. :hmpf_bad: An investigator and an independent working for us the last couple of nights dead. I think it's most likely by now that the sword killer is acting independently or, and I don't want to depress you all, has allied with the Rogues after killing Daniel. And then there's this resurrection of Beatrice, which some of us already expected, but to - apparently - see it performed by the same person that resurrected Sebastien? :sceptic:

Looks like some bad bets regarding protection were made last night. I hope the investigation of 'Gary Coleman' will at least help us out.

And... Archibald, seriously man, are you just not paying attention at all or are these deliberate, but really obvious attempts to steer us in the wrong direction?

And... Archibald, seriously man, are you just not paying attention at all or are these deliberate, but really obvious attempts to steer us in the wrong direction?

Jesus, excuse me for coming up with my own theory. :hmpf:

Hi guys I'm back! And yes I look pissed off, because I am pissed off! I've been dead for a day! Who does that? Who the megabluck kills a lady with this much cleavage! You guys didn't avenge my murder. Plus you tried to lynch my only son! Who is now running of in the woods all by himself. (If I were here during the conviction, I probably would have thrown the first stone, I've been suspicious of Quinn since day one). But I still love him, he's my son!

For those of you who think I am a vampire, you are wrong. I was brought back to life by the same person who brought Sebastian back to life. Can't you see? My night action is that I may survive a attack at night due to my 'vampire'power. I'm coming clean here, I am a vampire. But not the blood sucking kind of creeper. I'm just immune to certain kinds of attacks.

Now if you'll allow me, I need to find out who to kill tonight. Because you guys are surely messing things up for the villagers side. Got questions? Talk to me in private.

For those of you who think I am a vampire, you are wrong. I was brought back to life by the same person who brought Sebastian back to life. Can't you see?

Yeah, that has me worried as well... Besides, if you are a vampire (are you or aren't you now?), that sounds like a faction that we have to 'eradicate'.

About your resurrection: I can perfectly understand that Sebastien was resurrected and if it was a one-shot resurrection I would have waited for that as well. So far, things made perfect sense. But why not officers Nathans and Sokern? Why not Raleigh? Why not Walter? Why YOU? It can't be just the cleavage.

Now if you'll allow me, I need to find out who to kill tonight.

*huh* Uhm, you're referring to our 'daily lynch' and not your night killing abilities that you've never told us about, right?

But why not officers Nathans and Sokern? Why not Raleigh? Why not Walter? Why YOU? It can't be just the cleavage.

*huh* Uhm, you're referring to our 'daily lynch' and not your night killing abilities that you've never told us about, right?

Perhaps the resurrector knows of her temporary attack immunity?

And yes, I sure hope you are referring to lynching...

For those of you who think I am a vampire, you are wrong. I was brought back to life by the same person who brought Sebastian back to life. Can't you see? My night action is that I may survive a attack at night due to my 'vampire'power. I'm coming clean here, I am a vampire. But not the blood sucking kind of creeper. I'm just immune to certain kinds of attacks.

Now if you'll allow me, I need to find out who to kill tonight. Because you guys are surely messing things up for the villagers side. Got questions? Talk to me in private.

So your night action is that you can survive attacks, or that you can kill? You're going to have to do an awful lot to convince us you're not the bloodsucking kind of vampire.

This mysterious resurrector has made an odd choice in bringing you back.

:hmpf_bad: We'll I have no night action what so ever. So I can't kill at night. All I can do is survive. I think I was brought back to life because I've been contributing a lot to the convictions, in the daytime thread and via personal converstaions. And by kill I meant lynch, but be honest guys. The people we vote fore are killed at nightfall. Or you'll let them escape at nightfall. Way to go! You've been doing an awesomely good job.

By the way I receaved word of god after I died. I was murdered by a rogue, so you guys can say for sure that the swordsman is a rogue and you can stop chit chatting about why a town swordsman would kill so many loyal to the town.

'

If you'll excuse me I'll go find out who to lynch because you guys haven't been very succesfull at it. :hmpf_bad:

Good to see you back Beatrice! Or it would be if you didn't jump straight to the insulting us. You'd think it wise to perhaps not make enemies, what with the second chance at life and all.

The reason people are suspicious of you is that traditionally, when a 'vampire' is killed, even though they started on the town's side, they return from the dead to the scum's side.

On the contrary, the reason people are having doubts that you are a rogue, is because it appears you were revived by someone's night action, like Sebastian was. When Sebastian was revived by our resident Reviver, he was the same ol' Sebastian.

So the question is, does the fact someone revived you, instead of being 'roused from the dead yourself, change the terms of this whole vampire thing?

Of course, to change everything completely, you claim your 'vampirism' is different from the traditional, instead granting you some sort of night-time immunity, as opposed to a second chance at life albeit on the scum's side. So I'll ponder this for a while...

It's shame to see we've lost Mr. Peers, Mr. Lyons, and once again, Mr. Vaughn. Can't imagine anything worse than someone having life, getting in taken away, haven in given back, then taken away again.

I can't say I trust Mrs. Synclair, though I do find it odd how we all trusted Mr. Vaughn right away, but Mrs. Synclair is mistrusted.

I think I was brought back to life because I've been contributing a lot to the convictions, in the daytime thread and via personal converstaions.

Then I would have thought Walter would have been brought back to life with his revealed (by Harriet) night action.

Any explanation of why you vanished into thin air the night you were killed? That was a reason for us to assume you'd come back.

By the way I receaved word of god after I died. I was murdered by a rogue, so you guys can say for sure that the swordsman is a rogue and you can stop chit chatting about why a town swordsman would kill so many loyal to the town.

Well, then the Rogues have two killers now (because Daniel was found to be a Rogue killing by pickaxe) and the sword killer has taken out a Rogue (Daniel) before. What's your take on that? Was the sword killer converted? That's unusual for an assumed neutral (or even vigilante at that time) to be converted and retain his killing ability.

I'm sorry but this still doesn't add up for me.

This last night was disastrous. :sceptic:

Yes, the case of Beatrice is really intriguing. She admitted coming back as a vampire, but of a 'good' kind? I'm afraid that we've been told to eliminate all factions, so what are we supposed to do with a friendly vampire? :look: And yeah, like many of you I can understand why Sebastien was brought back, but a vampire that was bound to draw suspicion from the minute she came back? That has no useful action? Why not for instance bring back Walter, a protector?

And a minor difference, but perhaps important: Sebastien was brought back to life the very night he died. Beatrice came back from the dead a full day after she died. Does this mean that the 'resurrector' can bring back villagers dead many days ago? Should we expect Adam or Raleigh to come back to us eventually?

Perhaps the resurrector knows of her temporary attack immunity?

It's not like that action helps the village much. :hmpf_bad:

Why would the sword killer kill a Rogue (Daniel) if he is one himself? By mistake? :wacko: It doesn't make sense, are you trying to confuse us?

One last thing that I noticed. Beatrice clearly saw (and thanked) her resurrector last night. So I gather that his/her identity is no longer protected, if it ever was.

You know, I'm starting to wonder if the resurrector hasn't been converted to the scummy side at some point. Come on, what was the point of bringing back Beatrice except to give the village an obvious target?

Was the sword killer converted? That's unusual for an assumed neutral (or even vigilante at that time) to be converted and retain his killing ability.

Hmm I hadn't thought of that. Since Terence wasn't really a vigilante, but a neutral, it's possible that the real vigilante was the sword killer and he has been been converted by the Rogue faction. I happen to have read Zed's book 'Eurodina or How to piss off the Noodles' :tongue: and there was a vigilante named Keen who was converted by the scum but kept all of his night actions.

It's shame to see we've lost Mr. Peers, Mr. Lyons, and once again, Mr. Vaughn. Can't imagine anything worse than someone having life, getting in taken away, haven in given back, then taken away again.

I can't say I trust Mrs. Synclair, though I do find it odd how we all trusted Mr. Vaughn right away, but Mrs. Synclair is mistrusted.

Mrs. Synclair is mistrusted because she's admitted she's a vampire. I explained what this means, if you'd just think back...

As for why Sebastian was trusted, I assume it was because he had a word with Harriet behind the scenes explaining the situation, and Harriet and her crew have seemed to steer us right so far, so people have reason to trust them and their opinions. Add to that the fact that Mr Vaughn didn't disappear into a puff of smoke when he died, and mentioned nothing of vampirism...

Yes, the case of Beatrice is really intriguing. She admitted coming back as a vampire, but of a 'good' kind? I'm afraid that we've been told to eliminate all factions, so what are we supposed to do with a friendly vampire? :look: And yeah, like many of you I can understand why Sebastien was brought back, but a vampire that was bound to draw suspicion from the minute she came back? That has no useful action? Why not for instance bring back Walter, a protector?

That's what I said. :wink

And a minor difference, but perhaps important: Sebastien was brought back to life the very night he died. Beatrice came back from the dead a full day after she died. Does this mean that the 'resurrector' can bring back villagers dead many days ago? Should we expect Adam or Raleigh to come back to us eventually?

Sebastian was lynched. The resurrector had that information before sending in a night action. Beatrice was killed at night. So this was the first opportunity to bring her back. But the choice of this resurrection target is indeed very weird. Why not bring back Walter? I'd like to hear the resurrector's side of the story. I hope someone is in contact with the resurrector privately. Harriet?! :sing:

You know, I'm starting to wonder if the resurrector hasn't been converted to the scummy side at some point. Come on, what was the point of bringing back Beatrice except to give the village an obvious target?

Another option is that the resurrector is a neutral as well.

Hmm I hadn't thought of that. Since Terence wasn't really a vigilante, but a neutral, it's possible that the real vigilante was the sword killer and he has been been converted by the Rogue faction. I happen to have read Zed's book 'Eurodina or How to piss off the Noodles' :tongue: and there was a vigilante named Keen who was converted by the scum but kept all of his night actions.

I thought of the same book. Very strange for the killer (whether neutral or village) to be able to be converted and moreover retain his night action.

That's what I said. :wink

Sorry for repeating you, I started writing talking before I read heard you. :blush:

Another option is that the resurrector is a neutral as well.

In that case, he must have a hidden agenda to bring back Beatrice. Not that I didn't like her... before! :grin:

Maybe there's still hope that Sebastien returns to life again though? :look: