Sign in to follow this  
Oky

Little Deaths: EB server issues

It's Siegfried's anniversary. He shuts the site down once a year, so he can get some peace and quiet with his loved ones. It's only fair that we go without the site for a few hours a year, isn't it?

Yeah, same for me. But if that's true, I can understand, for Siegfried. And Happy Anniversary!

But I went crazy not being able to log on all day. :tongue:

It's Siegfried's anniversary. He shuts the site down once a year, so he can get some peace and quiet with his loved ones. It's only fair that we go without the site for a few hours a year, isn't it?

Totally fair, good for him! Haha, funny that he does that though. :laugh:

Hahaha, here I was resetting my modem, rebooting my PC, checking my internet settings, like a mad-man...

Silly me. :tongue:

So that makes Siegfried 'The Almighty God of EB'? The fate of the site is literally on his hands as he could switch it off/on anytime he wants. We are not worthy... notworthy.gif

Seriously, that's a perfectly understandable reason. :classic:

Now move along guys, hysteria is over, we can now go back to regular programming.

Now move along guys, hysteria is over, we can now go back to regular programming.

I can't. I'm still in withdrawl. :look:

So that makes Siegfried 'The Almighty God of EB'? The fate of the site is literally on his hands as he could switch it off/on anytime he wants. We are not worthy... notworthy.gif

If I had the power of the almighty rout admin, everybody would be "banned" on april fools...and so so so much more... :devil:

I had a nice cup of tea while the site was down. It was quite nice. :classic:

What's the fuss? :tongue:

I'd say. Just sit back, relax, and click refresh repeatedly until your fingers bleed. :tongue:

Ah the EB community.

It all happened while I was sleeping, but it seems we had some downtime. I'll do an analysis of our server logfiles and try to find the reason of our downtime. If this happens again we'll contact our server provider for an in depth analysis. Let's hope it was a one time issue on our server or the internal network of our provider.

:tongue: Actually the truth is I was at work and was unable to help; it died just before I had to leave! Since it seemed to restart by itself it probably it was an issue with our host. Bonaparte for the most part handles issues like that; go get 'em! :laugh:

Since it seemed to restart by itself it probably it was an issue with our host. Bonaparte for the most part handles issues like that; go get 'em! :laugh:

Time to write a letter.

Time to write a letter.

Bonaparte has some mean letter writing skillz. Don't get him angry... :sing: :sing: :sing:

:tongue: Actually the truth is I was at work and was unable to help;

I sincerely apologize to anybody who thought I had any idea what goes on with this site :blush:

:angry: Gah, def! Now I feel like an idiot! :blush: OH, well, we all make mistakes. But, the site's back, and we're all happy again!

I sincerely apologize to anybody who thought I had any idea what goes on with this site :blush:

That was pretty funny Def.

I was surprised how many believed it. :grin:

Bonaparte has some mean letter writing skillz. Don't get him angry... :sing: :sing: :sing:

Time for siggy to get his letter on. Letters get %#$* done.

I had a nice cup of tea while the site was down. It was quite nice. :classic:

Raises his cup of tea to the master scouter!smiley1730.gif

Yeah it was alittle inconvenient but hey, EB's back, and thats all that really matters. :sweet:

CF