Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

I'm ordering all 8 at Barnes&noble.com!! I save 10%, I get free shipping, I'll get them by the first week of May, and the sets are a bit cheaper then Lego!!

I couldn't find them in this thread, so I'll post them here:

Link to the instructions of set 30131 Jack Sparrow in a boat.

Link to the instructions of set 30130 Mini Black Pearl.

I'd like to have these if they go in the store for a few euros :pir-classic:

Especially the first one is good for building an army of Jack Sparrows (for the Davy Jones' locker scene).

Have you ever seen them in stores in the Netherlands?

Available in the UK through Amazon for sure, just order a set that will get to me this saturday through their lego store. Called up Lego, adviser first told me that launch wasn't until June, but apparently she was looking at the swedish site for some reason. So no official release date other than "soon" from Lego and if you're in Sweden lego expect it to launch in June!

Have you ever seen them in stores in the Netherlands?

No. And certainly not those in partucular of course.

But they could be available in online stores in the future, unless they only remain a rare special set which you can only get when you buy a more expensive one.

Available in the UK through Amazon for sure, just order a set that will get to me this saturday through their lego store. Called up Lego, adviser first told me that launch wasn't until June, but apparently she was looking at the swedish site for some reason. So no official release date other than "soon" from Lego and if you're in Sweden lego expect it to launch in June!

The sets were released in the UK the same time as the USA, but only at TRU stores. I've just been to my local TRU at Tumbridge Wells in the UK and they have all the sets. Apparently they have had them since last week and that all TRU in the UK have them. They are currently buy 2, get 1 Free. I nearly bought a load, but decided to just get the QAR for now as I don't essentially need them all right now. Anyone in the UK who is thinking about ordering from the USA, don't! Just go to TRU and save yourself the shipping costs and waiting time!

This thread is too unruly.

It is too large to find any valuable information from, and it should be closed.

I am saying this because of the topic that a moderator just closed about the black pearl - although I don't know if that topic warranted its own discussion just yet, there is no point in continuing adding to this thread. No one has time to go through 128 pages of threads to find such a small bit of information, and the search function is kind of poor when it comes to finding exact information. We have a whole forum that inquiries about the POTC line should be allowed to be made in, it makes little sense to just limit things to this thread. Besides, speaking of that thread that was closed, in five months I am sure we will have similar thread that stays open as we discuss the Black Pearl. This thread was made to discuss the whole POTC line, but 90% of it was speculation about the line before we knew anything or when we knew very little. I think it has run its course, and piling everything into this thread is hurting the functionality of the forum

Main point - 128 pages is too long of a thread to be very useful to anyone - especially since the search engine on the forum is not the best.

This is not meant to be an attack on anyone, or a disgruntled complaint to the mod who shut the thread (as I care little about the Black Pearl thread itself), it is just an observation and my two cents. I think we would be better served with more smaller, easier to navigate topics from this point out.

people in the UK can now get their potc sets from LEGO.com, looks like it has been officially launched on their website :pir-cry_happy:

I am saying this because of the topic that a moderator just closed about the black pearl - although I don't know if that topic warranted its own discussion just yet, there is no point in continuing adding to this thread. No one has time to go through 128 pages of threads to find such a small bit of information, and the search function is kind of poor when it comes to finding exact information. We have a whole forum that inquiries about the POTC line should be allowed to be made in, it makes little sense to just limit things to this thread. Besides, speaking of that thread that was closed, in five months I am sure we will have similar thread that stays open as we discuss the Black Pearl. This thread was made to discuss the whole POTC line, but 90% of it was speculation about the line before we knew anything or when we knew very little. I think it has run its course, and piling everything into this thread is hurting the functionality of the forum

Main point - 128 pages is too long of a thread to be very useful to anyone - especially since the search engine on the forum is not the best.

This is not meant to be an attack on anyone, or a disgruntled complaint to the mod who shut the thread (as I care little about the Black Pearl thread itself), it is just an observation and my two cents. I think we would be better served with more smaller, easier to navigate topics from this point out.

This thread should not be closed, but just more regulated. All we need is the first page to hold all the main info on the new sets, like the SW 2011 thread in the SW forum.

Hello everybody,

Someone at Brickset said the sets are already available in the Dreamland stores in Belgium.

Does anyone know this is true?

Hello everybody,

Someone at Brickset said the sets are already available in the Dreamland stores in Belgium.

Yes, there have been many sightings in Europe and now in the US too. Just check your favorite stores.

I couldn't find them in this thread, so I'll post them here:

Link to the instructions of set 30131 Jack Sparrow in a boat.

Link to the instructions of set 30130 Mini Black Pearl.

I'd like to have these if they go in the store for a few euros :pir-classic:

Especially the first one is good for building an army of Jack Sparrows (for the Davy Jones' locker scene).

If these end up in Targets or Wal-Marts in the US like alot of polybag sets, I'll buy them out and hook up the pirate forum.

For everyone who lives in the UK, HMV is offering the exclusive Jack Sparrow "voodoo" minifigure for free if you pre-order Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game. :pir-sweet:

For everyone who lives in the UK, HMV is offering the exclusive Jack Sparrow "voodoo" minifigure for free if you pre-order Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game. :pir-sweet:

Damn! I pre-ordered via the states for that too, just incase they didn't have em over here. I think I'll just wait like everyone else in the UK the next time. Thanks for sharing :pir-cry_happy:

Everyone be sure to jump out of this thread every once and a while to check out the Set reviews.

Every set has been reviewed in our forum!!!!!

Can anyone advise as to the best set to buy if I want to obtain the most amount of new elements (NOT including the figures themselves)?

I am currently thinking about the Captains Cabin because of the globe, map, compass, printed bottles etc.

Not interested in the QAR because I dont build pirates and I already own a reissue Black Seas Barracuda.

Not sure if any of the other sets are worth buying or not, some advice on how useful they are for someone that wants cool little bits that arent specifically pirate in nature would be great. (e.g. the new bottles are great, what set should I buy to get those?)

Can anyone advise as to the best set to buy if I want to obtain the most amount of new elements (NOT including the figures themselves)?

I am currently thinking about the Captains Cabin because of the globe, map, compass, printed bottles etc.

Not interested in the QAR because I dont build pirates and I already own a reissue Black Seas Barracuda.

Not sure if any of the other sets are worth buying or not, some advice on how useful they are for someone that wants cool little bits that arent specifically pirate in nature would be great. (e.g. the new bottles are great, what set should I buy to get those?)

I'm getting Captain's Cabin and the London Escape. They both seam to have the most new pieces and are affordable. My two favorite pieces from this theme are the globe and the scabbard. After those two I like the bucket and wine bottle.

I just purchased a copy of Cannibal Escape today, in the U.S., and the instructions and poster were horribly (and I mean really horribly) mangled, not in a separate bag with cardboard. All that I've seen so far on the internet made me think that the instructions and poster would absolutely come in a bag with cardboard, but I suppose there is some variation, since mine was not.

Has anybody else got a set with the paper materials not in nice packaging like this?

When I went to the Lego Store and got an Isla De Muerta, the instructions came with the cardboard but when I went back a few days later, the Fountain of Youth I purchased didn't have the cardboard with the intrustions and said intructions and poster were a bit mangled. I guess the cardboard seems to be inconsistent, at least for me.

I do know what you mean, but it also would clutter up the forum if we had a thread for each set. However, that is the perfect use for the set reviews that we have now for the sets. That is a good place to discuss a certain set.

Hello everybody,

Yep, that's true. Checked it out today, they got all of them except for the mill. I couldn't find that one.

I got Whitecap Bay.

I just purchased a copy of Cannibal Escape today, in the U.S., and the instructions and poster were horribly (and I mean really horribly) mangled, not in a separate bag with cardboard. All that I've seen so far on the internet made me think that the instructions and poster would absolutely come in a bag with cardboard, but I suppose there is some variation, since mine was not.

Has anybody else got a set with the paper materials not in nice packaging like this?

My copy of The Mill had no cardboard packaging, but my copy of Whitecap Bay did... :pir_wacko:

To my delight, POTC sets are finally availible in Poland! The prices are:

QAR: 450 pln (equals 166 USD)

Whitecap Bay: 330 pln (equals 122 USD)

London Escape: 215 pln (equals 80 USD)

Fountain of youth: 90 pln (equals 33 USD)

Captain's Cabin: 60 pln (equals 22 USD)

Isla de muerta: 90 pln (equals 33 USD)

Cannibal escape: 140 pln (equals 52 USD)

The mill: 200 pln (equals 74 USD)

Video game: 80 pln (equals 30 USD)

Now, I know that shipping, taxes, additional price tag for being new and licence cost something, but still the prices are OUTRAGEOUS! I mean, the cheapest set goes for 60 pln! I still remember that in my childhood the smallest sets were for less than 10 pln, and for 60 you could get a middle-size set. Heck, I've got my BSB (100% complete) for LESS than Whitecap Bay last summer!

I do accept the price of QAR (Imperial Flagship costs 50% more and is not much better IMO) and the video game. Other prices should really go down.

That being said, I gladly ordered myself Captain's Cabin. Sure, it is overpriced, but it has the globe, Jack minifig, some wonderful bottles and those big bones, oh and the sword holder....and while I'm totally against fleshies, Jack is always welcome in my crew ;)

They are also available in the Dutch stores, though most online stores will only have them around 10 May. Given that the online stores are so much cheaper, this means I'll have to wait some more. Very difficult indeed...

I don't understand why so many people seem to be so disappointed that the POTC sets haven't arrived in their area yet.

They will, soon.

On top of that, they'll probably go on sale not too long after they're generally available, so...what's the rush? They'll be around for AT LEAST a year, with various sales along the way, I'm sure.

So, why's everybody in such a rush to "buy them all!" all full MSRP?