Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

November is right, but according to the catalog at the Toy Fair, I believe, it's $99.99.

Hmmm... strange. :pir-hmpf_bad: Well, at least it will be cheaper, but hopefully it won't be too small. I really hope we get some figs other than the normal group (Jack, Will, Elizabeth, Gibbs, and so on...) I hope we get Cotton and Cotton's parrot (it'll be someone to talk to :pir_laugh2: )

I hope the figures on the Black Pearl are from the first movie - Barbossa and some more different zombies ...

I'm hoping the BP comes with a human crew. I would like to see the following minifigures in it:

Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swann, Will Turner, Joshamee Gibbs, Tia Dalma, the pirate with the wooden eye (forgotten his name) and his partner (forgotten his name).

I need wheels and more cannons for the QAR (and other ships, for example Imperial Flagship).

I hope we can buy this in next time on LEGOs "Pic a Brick"-onlineshop.

Edited by Elander

I'm hoping the BP comes with a human crew. I would like to see the following minifigures in it:

Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swann, Will Turner, Joshamee Gibbs, Tia Dalma, the pirate with the wooden eye (forgotten his name) and his partner (forgotten his name).

That would be Pintel (bald guy) and Ragetti (with the eye).

That would be Pintel (bald guy) and Ragetti (with the eye).

Yes, that's who I was thinking of. Thanks for reminding me!

Great stuff! So excited for this line. The QAR looks fantastic! Is there any pics floating around with the Imperial Flagship next to the QAR? (doubt it, but can't hurt to ask!)

The poster at Toy Fair said the Black Pearl is based on Dead Man's Chest. So that means a human crew, no Barbossa, no Tia Dalma. We might get a new Elizabeth. Maybe Pintel and Ragetti. But you can bet we'll get a rehash Jack (if it's DMC, I'm hoping for a coated Jack, not hat) and the same Will and Gibbs that we've already seen. I really wouldn't expect more than one or two entirely new figs at all.

The poster at Toy Fair said the Black Pearl is based on Dead Man's Chest. So that means a human crew, no Barbossa, no Tia Dalma. We might get a new Elizabeth. Maybe Pintel and Ragetti. But you can bet we'll get a rehash Jack (if it's DMC, I'm hoping for a coated Jack, not hat) and the same Will and Gibbs that we've already seen. I really wouldn't expect more than one or two entirely new figs at all.

What poster? All I can remember is a grey circle with the name, price and release date in the catalogue.

I really want Tia Dalma in the BP because we don't have a single black female minifigure. But, unfortunately, that's unlikely to happen seeing as you've provided us with this info.

What poster? All I can remember is a grey circle with the name, price and release date in the catalogue.

I really want Tia Dalma in the BP because we don't have a single black female minifigure. But, unfortunately, that's unlikely to happen seeing as you've provided us with this info.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm referring to. If you check the little specs underneath the circle, it says "From Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest"

5444015853_e17067bf23_m.jpg

It's sad it won't have Tia Dalma. That's one fig I'm really really hoping for in the next wave. Along with Teague and Beckett.

Anyone else think that some of the Prince of Persia figs (ostrich jockey, Seso, and market seller in particular) would make great pirate crewman for the Black Pearl? Also, hope Davy Jones comes with the Black Pearl, and the jar of dirt.

These sets might be my entry to the Pirates world. I love the QAR and the dark green bits of the Fountain.

Anyone see the trailer for the Dead Mans chest in the LEGO POTC game? The flying Dutchman actually looks quite logical to be the real LEGO set...

:jollyroger:

Anyone else think that some of the Prince of Persia figs (ostrich jockey, Seso, and market seller in particular) would make great pirate crewman for the Black Pearl?

Yes! I've got the figures from the Ostrich set on standby for crew duty whenever I finally get the QAR or the Pearl... :)

TC

Anyone else think that some of the Prince of Persia figs (ostrich jockey, Seso, and market seller in particular) would make great pirate crewman for the Black Pearl? Also, hope Davy Jones comes with the Black Pearl, and the jar of dirt.

Ten steps ahead of you. All I'm waiting for are Jack et al.

Has the May flyer that has been circulating around been distributed publicly? Given that it is a May calendar with all the products being released in May, it seems likely that it is a typo than announcing a release on a flyer a month late.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong. :laugh:

Has the May flyer that has been circulating around been distributed publicly? Given that it is a May calendar with all the products being released in May, it seems likely that it is a typo than announcing a release on a flyer a month late.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong. :laugh:

It will be out! I am sooooooooooooo excited about this! I am constantly looking at the sets on LEGO.com in the pOTC section, and it is just a huge tease! :pir-wub:

For all of you who was dissapointed that QAR didnt have a deck (even through you propably already figured out yourself how to fix it) Here's and quick and desent looking suggestion. you need 5 6x12 plates and remove 1 2x4.

:pirate:

4 out of the 5 6x12's are easily removable on the 5th i suggest you place the ancor mechanism. And dont worry the 5th plate doesent cover over any working cannon hole

Bricklink 6x12

lddqar.jpg

Edited by deskp