Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

8 sets, 3 or 4 main ships depending if they are doing the new movie straight away. Hopefully we get a Flying Dutchman!

I'm seriously speechless now.

Although we already knew about this for quite some time , it is great to have it confirmed officially. Surely great relief for our hearts!

Beeing my favorite movies next to Star Wars, this is such a dream come true. I can't wait to see what is coming to ruin my wallet.

Hopefully LEGO will keep up with expectations. Meh, they always do , don't they? :pir-tongue:

Cheers

8 sets, 3 or 4 main ships depending if they are doing the new movie straight away. Hopefully we get a Flying Dutchman!

Whoa, that would be a lot of ships! I'm not sure about that. I think there might be more "scene-based" setups like with POP and Indiana Jones, kind of like the temple of doom set. Sets like the duel on the waterwheel from the first film, and stuff like that. I'd predict that there will be one ship at least, but probably not more than two.

I would like to see a set for that scene in the last movie where Jack is hallucinating about being in a strange desert. But that's probably too esoteric for the target audience. I'm sure a MOC of that would happen straight away though, maybe using scorpions and pieces from the Pharaoh's Quest sets.

Great news ! :thumbup:

I will keep my money for this ! :pir-wub:

However lego will make a new redcoat or not ?

I would say they will make a more detailed and realistic version of the torso. We also have to remember that many bluecoats appear in all of the movies as part of the East India Trading Company. Hopefully we will see there return. :pir-classic:

As said above, we will not be getting 3 or 4 ships. I think we are lucky to get 2, those being the Black Pearl and the Flying Dutchman. However, with those ships they are overly detailed, especially the Dutchman, I would like to see how they would pull that off without compromising the design.

Sweet.....sweet news.....comfirmation......now I can tell you this from one of my sources that the first release with comprise FIVE sets but sorry, that's all the information I could dig up.

Keep on swinging that cutlass....ARRRRRR ! :pir_laugh2:

Great news!

I look forward to the sets (as long as they don't remiond me too much of M@gabl$cks :pir-sick: )

The video game sounds promising too. :pir-sweet:

I have mixed feelings about this, on the one hand I am excited to see the new sets and more importantly the elements this will bring, but also slightly disappointed that it is a Licensed Theme with the increased prices and the flesh figs. Obviously the beauty of Lego is that we are free to pick and choose what parts of this theme we wish to incorporate into our own personal building spaces, but still I feel ambivalent, a resentment that the 2009 line also saw just one wave to make room for Jack Sparrow, but also an excitement to see how Lego will firstly render these films into bricks, and also hopeful that we will see some interesting new elements.

Edited by mikey

Sounds interesting, but Im not going to expect a large assortment of brand new parts cause its not gonna happen. Im not getting my hopes up yet

Sounds interesting, but Im not going to expect a large assortment of brand new parts cause its not gonna happen. Im not getting my hopes up yet

I'm sure we won't be getting tons of new parts, but I would assume that we'll get at least a few new ones. I'm guess this will be similar to Prince of Persia in the way of new parts. That would be great if it's the case. :pir-classic:

Confirmed! I thought they might confim with a pic, but whatever, here we go!

I hope for:

- fair prices like PoP or Indy, not like SW

- 15€ set with 4 (four) figs

- 15€ set as an army builder (not for pirates, TLC!)

- super amazing minifigs (should be easy) and a lot of them

- a nice Keira Knightley minifig

- buildings and vessels on the level of PoP and Indy

- success (not that I wanted a 2nd batch for PoP, but it is sad to see it's failure, those sets are amazing!)

- a Shanghai set (I know that MB made one and TLC might not want to simply copy it, but still)

I am not a huge PotC fan (I find it hard to sit through those 160min movies except part 1 - the sequels were all really boring) but super detailed Pirates sets? Harrrr.... Count me in, you landlubbers!

Sounds good! Of course we all knew this was going to come sooner or later, but still it's great news!

I'm really looking forward to a possible ship and fort.

Now let us indeedly hope the license does not cost us too much.

Slightly off topic, but there will also be LEGO bricks (in addition to Duplo) sets released around the same time based on "Cars 2."

Wow 8 confirmed sets! :pir-oh:

I'm guessing there will be a Black Pearl (as it appears in all four movies)

A Flying Dutchman (someone already mentioned this right?)

An Attack on Port Royal set

Fight on the island (the one with the chest and turnwheel)

Aztec Gold cave set

The 3 sets fromt he new movie.

Just some specualtion by guessing which movie scenes offer the most playability. :pir-blush:

After keeping myself quiet for a while, now that the theme has been confirmed, I'd like to state my excitement. HOORAY! :pir-cry_happy:

After pretty much missing out on the 2009 line (wasn't into Pirates at the time. :pirate_sad2:) with the exception of a few sets, I'm glad I can jump on board with this new theme. I've only seen the first film, and I might have to watch the others before pics show up, so I know what I'm looking at. :pir_laugh2:

If they're making sets based on the entire series, this bolsters my hopes of a waterwheel.

Thats actually great news. I can't wait for a Keira Knightley fig. :pir-wub:

After pretty much missing out on the 2009 line (wasn't into Pirates at the time. :pirate_sad2:) with the exception of a few sets, I'm glad I can jump on board with this new theme.

Similar story with me. I just came out of my dark ages. I know you can still order pirate sets from S@H, but I've chosen to skip the 2009 classic pirates mostly because money is tight, and also because I would want to collect all of it anyway and I'm not even sure that would be possible this late in its cycle.

I'm glad I can jump on board with the POTC sets! I liked the first movie and honestly the other two were pretty bad. Even so I'll almost certainly collect these just because of the theme. Even if the script and filmography may have taken a nosedive with the sequels, the visuals and movie sets and costumes were still very stylish, and that will hopefully translate to good Lego sets.

I was thinking about the Lego licensed themes, and it occurs to me that they go in this order from most to least successful:

Star Wars

Harry Potter

Toy Story

Indiana Jones

Thomas the Tank Engine

Prince of Persia

(That's including duplo too I guess, lol). If I had to guess, I predict that POTC would fit in above Toy Story and below Harry Potter, or maybe on the same level as Toy Story. So I guess I'm saying, I think it stands a good chance of having more than one wave and maybe even sticking around for multiple years like Harry Potter.

This is wonderful news! I'm very happy to hear officially that there will be sets from all of the films, since that means we'll definitely get Davy Jones! I can't wait to see some pics from this line. Eight sets sounds like a lot for a single release, but I have no doubt that they'll sell well. Though I'm not so into boats myself, I'm sure there will be some lovely smaller playsets.

The only downside is that that means that the source who said there would only be Pirates 4 sets was wrong, and he also said there would be more Harry Potter sets… but that's for a different forum section.

And Zeya, you're forgetting Speed Racer, which would go at the very bottom. (and there's Galidor too, but that's beneath mentioning)