Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Oh no, I guess a 2nd wave was inevitable. I'm very excited to hear about more sets possibly coming out later this year, and I'm sure I'll be adding some of them to my wishlist. But I still haven't had a chance to buy any of the current available sets. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to afford this first release. And I want some of the Alien Conquest sets, and some of the Kingdom sets too...I'm in so much trouble...

If we are to be "very happy" I would suggest that he is not referring to the new (and almost certain) wave of POTC sets but to something big, something he knows AFOL'S and TFOL's will like. Lets think a UCS or just a very big and detailed LEGO set to whom who think UCA is only Star Wars. :pir-devil:

:jollyroger:

Edited by halfpenguinhalflego

Duel in the blacksmith shop and Jack sailing into Port royal in his sinking ship would be 2 more great sets. I watched POTC the other night and everytime the scene changed I tried to make it into lego in my head LOL!

Oh no, I guess a 2nd wave was inevitable. I'm very excited to hear about more sets possibly coming out later this year, and I'm sure I'll be adding some of them to my wishlist. But I still haven't had a chance to buy any of the current available sets. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to afford this first release. And I want some of the Alien Conquest sets, and some of the Kingdom sets too...I'm in so much trouble...

He didn't say they'd be this year. If we're getting just the Pearl in November, I doubt we'll get anything til next summer. A January release isn't impossible, but I doubt it if we're getting a new wave so soon after another release.

He didn't say they'd be this year. If we're getting just the Pearl in November, I doubt we'll get anything til next summer. A January release isn't impossible, but I doubt it if we're getting a new wave so soon after another release.

Thanks for pointing that out. But we might be getting more than just the Pearl later this year. Both Harry Potter and Star Wars have been released in two waves during the same year. It is possible that the Pearl wont be the only PotC set we see in November. Then again, maybe we will only get the Pearl in November.

Edited by Wowplayer

POTC sighting in Australia!

About half the sets seen in Toys R Us Hurstville (Sydney). More details here.

I got the mill today. It's the best set I have built in a long time. I'm getting more of the potc sets soon. In my oppinion the sets evenbeats star wars (which is mostly remakes).

I think the potc sets will sell very well, becease it appeals to fans of the movies, regular lego pirate guys, minifigure collectors, and even kingdoms fans I can see buy it. There are a lot of sets the can make, so potc will have a few waves for sure. Maybe they will even replace star wars (which I really doubt, though). Btw my copy of the mill had a cardboard to protect the sticker, poster and instructions. (I bought it in the Netherlands).

I finally gave in and bought the Captain's Cabin today. It was expensive, but so worth it! I kept "Awwwww"-ing at the sight of the globe, the bottles, the compass and the zombie pirates, and I finally got my sword strap :)

I think I'll get the others, too eventually.

Me likey!

Thanks for pointing that out. But we might be getting more than just the Pearl later this year. Both Harry Potter and Star Wars have been released in two waves during the same year. It is possible that the Pearl wont be the only PotC set we see in November. Then again, maybe we will only get the Pearl in November.

I think it would be weird to announce JUST ONE set in a wave like 8 months before its release without even mentioning that there will be more, but maybe that's just me. Two waves in a year is certainly not unheard-of, I'm just thinking it won't happen this year with this theme. Which is actually a bummer for me, since I really like it.

So this has no bearing on anything, but has anyone looked at the Shop at Home page for the fountain of youth set? The last picture is odd. disembodied arms giving a toast :pir_wacko:

For anyone near Toronto, Canada: Mastermind Toys is supposed to have POTC sets available in store and online TODAY!

Thanks for those, Mister Phes! Isn't Syrena's tail supposed to be a pale-blue colour? I wonder if the mermaids' tails change colour or something according to their mood - I think that would make sense, seeing as Syrena is often sad.

Thanks for those, Mister Phes! Isn't Syrena's tail supposed to be a pale-blue colour? I wonder if the mermaids' tails change colour or something according to their mood - I think that would make sense, seeing as Syrena is often sad.

Thats also what I thought but based on the legos so maybe they got it wrong?

Anyway my favorite TV spot so far :

Edited by Deckard

Now that I see Phillip's live-action face, I really think LEGO got it wrong. He (in LEO from) just doesn't look like the character. But, whatever.

In this clip we see a LEGO-version of the Pearl. Does anyone else thing that we might get this version in November?.. I'll keep both my fingers and bones crossed :pir_laugh2::jollyroger:

I just put together my copy of the London set. Both of my soldier hats have this misprinting. It's like extra paint coming down the side. Has anyone else seen this?

Hatmisprint.jpg?derivative=mmedium&source=web.jpg&type=mmedium

I think I just figured out what the "mysterious black can" in the Cannibal Escape is: I think the the EITC can of paprika that Jack uses to put paprika on his armpits. "A little seasoning, eh?" :pir-laugh:

I just got London escape and it is really good, it had no misprints on the hat though. The stagecoaches are a lot better then I thought and even the building, which I though didn't look very good in the pictures, was actually pretty good. Even the prices don't seem to bad when you see the sets in the flesh.

:jollyroger:

I just put together my copy of the London set. Both of my soldier hats have this misprinting. It's like extra paint coming down the side. Has anyone else seen this?

Hatmisprint.jpg?derivative=mmedium&source=web.jpg&type=mmedium

I have 5 of the soldiers and 1 officer and they all have that...I didn't even noticeit until I just looked after reading your post.