Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Check out thisMay Lego Store Calendar! It says that the sets are to be released on April 16! This is very close, I can hardly contain myself!

The store catalogue lists Alien Conquest and Cars 2 as the 'brand new playthemes' coming out in May, as well as new products in City, Kingdoms, Creator 'and more'.

There's NO WAY that PotC could be the 'and more', so I reckon it's safe to assume that 16 April release date is correct.

Now just wish Barnes & Noble would update their pre-order release date ...

Thanks 'vagrant' for the link to this review, this one is totally worth it, heck even just for the ship-in-the-bottle's and that globe ! :pir-grin:

The minifigs are cool as well, looks like all POTC is on my shopping list now ! :pir-wink:

Brick On the high seas everyone ! :pir-grin:

I'd love to see that bottle in black or trans green. Is the globe the space helmet piece from Sandy Cheeks in the spongebob theme? It seems smaller to me.

I'd love to see that bottle in black or trans green. Is the globe the space helmet piece from Sandy Cheeks in the spongebob theme? It seems smaller to me.

I think it's a new piece.

Thanks for the link, Vagrant! It seems like a great parts pack, seeing as it has bones, bottles, compasses, the map, the long black hairpiece and some pearl gold parts. I might get this if I can find the cash, but I'm trying to get Isla de la Muerta as well. Why must these amazing sets be so damn expensive!

Are you going to review the Lego Pirates of the Caribbean set 4193 London Chase ?¿

Thanks so much! :D

Are you going to review the Lego Pirates of the Caribbean set 4193 London Chase ?
Since we have had no access to this set, at the moment we do not have photos. I think there will be lot of reviews as soon as the sets will hit the shelves... However, there's still a chance we'll be able to get the "London Escape". Small chances though...

I guess every set has a collectible card. That's pretty cool. I wonder what exactly that code is on the back. Translating a snippet of the review with Babelfish, it says that the reviewer doesn't really know what the code is for either. I guess the website isn't set up to support those codes yet.

Caribbean_4191_5352.jpg

Edited by Zeya

For all of you who was dissapointed that QAR didnt have a deck (even through you propably already figured out yourself how to fix it) Here's and quick and desent looking suggestion. you need 5 6x12 plates and remove 1 2x4.

:pirate:

4 out of the 5 6x12's are easily removable on the 5th i suggest you place the ancor mechanism. And dont worry the 5th plate doesent cover over any working cannon hole

Bricklink 6x12

lddqar.jpg

What program did you use to build that virtual QAR?

TC

What program did you use to build that virtual QAR?

TC

Lego Digital Designer, the Official digital lego building software, theres a section of the forum dedicated to it. :pir-classic: heres a LINK

Since we have had no access to this set, at the moment we do not have photos. I think there will be lot of reviews as soon as the sets will hit the shelves... However, there's still a chance we'll be able to get the "London Escape". Small chances though...

Just out of curiosity, where is it you get these sets from? I know they're not yours, but do you know what country they're from, or how the person that let you borrow the sets got them?

Is there a list of the prices anywhere? I just would like to know how I should budget my money when these sets come out, and I can't find the CAD prices anywhere... can someone help?

Just out of curiosity, where is it you get these sets from? I know they're not yours, but do you know what country they're from, or how the person that let you borrow the sets got them?
I think it won't be right to name the person here (or anywhere online), so...

The sets we have had an opportunity to work/play with are obviously for European market: no pieces count is printed on the box (and French/Spanish titles are missing too).

I assure you the way the sets appeared is 100% official, so one can say these early reviews are part of some sort of marketing of the PotC sets.

I guess every set has a collectible card. That's pretty cool. I wonder what exactly that code is on the back. Translating a snippet of the review with Babelfish, it says that the reviewer doesn't really know what the code is for either. I guess the website isn't set up to support those codes yet.

Actually, the cards and codes are only in On Stranger Tides products. The posters, however, come with every set regardless of it's movie origin.

Quote from the Lego Pirates Website:

Find cards with codes inside specially-marked LEGO® Pirates of the Caribbean™: On Stranger Tides products to unlock hidden treasures.

Treasures, eh? I'll be the judge of that. It'll probably be a secret message like "Drink more Ovaltine".

Actually, the cards and codes are only in On Stranger Tides products. The posters, however, come with every set regardless of it's movie origin.

Quote from the Lego Pirates Website:

I think I remeber reading they are somehow linked to the game. Don't know how though, maybe the code on the poster with the wooden Jack unlocks him in the game..

Is it just me or did Jack lose some hair? It seems like. There's way to little hair on the wig in comparision to the first three movies.

And it's way to blonde, the old one was almost black.

I agree, but I think I read somewhere that "several" years have passed since the end of the third film. More than enough time for ol' Jack to change his look. If you look closely, he has a fancy new vest as well.

Treasures, eh? I'll be the judge of that. It'll probably be a secret message like "Drink more Ovaltine".

:pir_laugh2:

The cards themselves are cool. I don't even need the code. That globe is fantastic! Definitely can't wait for this set!

Is there a list of the prices anywhere? I just would like to know how I should budget my money when these sets come out, and I can't find the CAD prices anywhere... can someone help?

Here's one image that shows the price for the Black Pearl (which won't be out until November) at least for the Canadian price, $130 Canadian.

LEGO Toy Fair 2011 - Pirates of the Caribbean - 4184 Black Pearl - 1

I think I remember reading somewhere the Canadian prices for the sets but I just can't seem to find it right now.

EDIT: Found the page on ftbt's photostream on flickr and in their photo descriptions, there's listing of the prices in both American and Canadian.

Edited by Canada_7

I just took a look at the CAD prices, and they are all understandable except for Whitecap Bay. 100 bucks! Are you serious LEGO! :pir-sick:

Anyway, I am still gonna get all of them, and probably Isla de Meurta first (gotta love Barbossa! :monkey: )

Also, I just finished watching At World's End, and I was thinking that it would be cool if they made Captain Fang's ship, with the cool asian style sails and crew members!

EDIT: I just noticed that the hat that Blackbeard has in LEGO form looks nothing like the one he has in the film. They purposely designed his hat to be the perfect shape for Davy Jones's hat so they must be planning for him to appear eventually!

Edited by Fives