Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Thanks for the link to the review, vagrant! That set is very good, but I'm probably not going to get it because there's not that many parts that I'm interested in.

Interesting review, to bad it's completely in Russian. Anyone cares to translate? :pir-tongue:

From the pictures the set doesn't seem that interesting: mediocre design, few interesting parts and overpriced (as usual with lincensed themes).

Although I'm glad reviews are popping up for these sets, and I'm quite psyched about them getting released soon... I'm a bit dissapointed about what I've seen from de reviews. It's mostly little touches about the sets that could have been improved though. Let's hope the QAR makes up for this.. cause daaaamn, that thing's just way too awesome!

Although I'm glad reviews are popping up for these sets, and I'm quite psyched about them getting released soon... I'm a bit dissapointed about what I've seen from de reviews. It's mostly little touches about the sets that could have been improved though. Let's hope the QAR makes up for this.. cause daaaamn, that thing's just way too awesome!

Well the best sets are yet to come: Whitecap Bay, London Escape and QAR. I actually found the sets a bit better than I thought based on the official pictures. But I agree it's too expensive to buy the mediocre sets as well.

Goole chromes auto translate works pretty well for me, you can undertsand what it says, but obviously its abit odd sounding.

The minifigure for Will is really great and I really like the new ponytail hair.

Thank you again 'vagrant' for another review link, this time Google translated it with no problem ! :pir-wink:

Okay, I'll buy it....neat playset and another wine/rum bottle - hic ! :pir-laugh:

The minifig's are what make the set totally worth it......Brick On the high seas ! :pir-grin:

I have to agree that both those sets arn't great, but the figs are great. The 3 biggest sets of this line will be worth it though. According to my contact, pics of the Black Pearl should be surfacing within the next month. I will try and post a pic if im allowed.

I have to agree that both those sets arn't great, but the figs are great. The 3 biggest sets of this line will be worth it though. According to my contact, pics of the Black Pearl should be surfacing within the next month. I will try and post a pic if im allowed.

Have you seen a picture of the Black Pearl, or do you just mean if you see apicture you'll post it? If you have seen it, please give a description!

Have you seen a picture of the Black Pearl, or do you just mean if you see apicture you'll post it? If you have seen it, please give a description!

No I havn't seen it yet, but I know prelim pics have been taken, so they should surface soon, and if I get hold of a pic before they go online then I will post it here straight away. Although Lego have a habit of removing them pretty quick, which is expected of course.

Any ide if the prelim pix got images of any new minifigures or just placeholders?

I hope we don't have to wait to long before we see what the Black Pearl will look like. But I kind of doubt it will look as nice as the Queen Anne's Revenge. Especially when it's 300 pieces smaller. I know that the Black Pearl is the focus point as far as ships go in the POTC franchise. But if you compare the details of the two ships used in the films, I think you'll agree with me that the Black Pearl is pretty ordinary looking in comparison to the Queen Anne Revenge.

Black Pearl

Queen Anne's Revenge

Any ide if the prelim pix got images of any new minifigures or just placeholders?

Well preliminary pictures almost never have finalised figures, so I'm guessing this won't.

I don't know does anyone here already has some PotC sets, but forum member on Kockice Dobitak

already has Black Pearl (he is from Bosnia).

I will ask him to join the Eurobricks, or at least take some better pictures, but he has already posted three

of them (although they could be better).

pirati1t.jpg

pirati2.jpg

pirati3.jpg

I don't know does anyone here already has some PotC sets, but forum member on Kockice Dobitak

already has Black Pearl (he is from Bosnia).

I will ask him to join the Eurobricks, or at least take some better pictures, but he has already posted three

of them (although they could be better).

pirati1t.jpg

pirati2.jpg

pirati3.jpg

They are out if you know where to look :) Ive seen a few pics by people who already have the new sets. I will hopefull pick up my QAR next week, so will do a review for those interested.

That's the Queen Anne's Revenge.

Still, I wonder how he got it so fast..

Whoops! :pir_laugh2:

I am just posting what I saw.

Anyway, I should chech the set' name.

Well, that's what happens when you don't watch any of the PotC movies. :hmpf_bad:

They are out if you know where to look :) Ive seen a few pics by people who already have the new sets. I will hopefull pick up my QAR next week, so will do a review for those interested.

Oh, please do a review! I notice that you're in the UK - is it an online shop or a physical store that you can get them from? I'm interested in buying one or two of these sets.

Are they doing some sort of trading card thing? Maybe like Ninjago except not a game card?

Caribbean_4194_5343.jpg

Also, it looks like the Jack Sparrow hat/hair is all one piece. That means the Blackbeard hat/hair is all one piece, too.

Caribbean_4194_5356.jpg