Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

i guess the pearl is coming out with the second wave? i reckon we will see photos of it when we see photos of it...we just gotta wait a little.

How many bone pieces are they cramming on that ship?

Bummer about the lack of a deck.

In my opinion, the POTC theme is a definitive winner; several nice new pieces and cool minifigs in practically every set. I will get the three smallest ones (Captain's Cabin, Fountain Of Youth and Isla De Muerta) since they really pull me towards them or so to say; they are affordable, comes with nicely detailed minifigs and they just look cool.

I just wish May could come sooner so I can finally lay my hands on them :pir-sweet:

All of these sets are a definite buy for me! :pir-sweet::thumbup: I'm just curious, but is there a new bag piece sitting on the floor of the little hut that comes in the cannibal set?

All of these sets are a definite buy for me! :pir-sweet::thumbup: I'm just curious, but is there a new bag piece sitting on the floor of the little hut that comes in the cannibal set?

That is actually the same bagpack wich we get in new 2011 City sets. :pir-look: And thosee who complain about QAR´s cabin, remember at TLC cannot make everything, the ship it self is already very detailed at the prize would be insane if they would make the cabin also. And there might be a chair and a small table, but if there isnt, thats OK. Remembet at you can always MOD it in your likings. :pir-classic:

Bummer about the lack of a deck.

Agreed, they look A bit half done without a deck.

That is actually the same bagpack wich we get in new 2011 City sets. :pir-look: And thosee who complain about QAR´s cabin, remember at TLC cannot make everything, the ship it self is already very detailed at the prize would be insane if they would make the cabin also. And there might be a chair and a small table, but if there isnt, thats OK. Remembet at you can always MOD it in your likings. :pir-classic:

Agreed - and one can always use the pieces of the captain's cabin...

And thosee who complain about QAR´s cabin, remember at TLC cannot make everything, the ship it self is already very detailed at the prize would be insane if they would make the cabin also. And there might be a chair and a small table, but if there isnt, thats OK. Remembet at you can always MOD it in your likings. :pir-classic:

Yep. I am definitely buying the QAR, but I am gonna have to MOD it heavily. It has some great parts but I would like to make some stylistic changes.

I love the sails, though! :thumbup:

Edited by Serge Gainsbrick

And here are the fbtb Toy Fair pics:

4181:

4182:

4183:

4191:

4192:

4193:

4194:

4195:

No pics of the Pearl though, but that doesn't bother me now when looking at those beauties :pir-wub:

Thanks to everyone who has found pics. They've really cemented my decisons on some of the sets. The London escape was a must buy from the first small leaked pics and nothing has changed as the pics got better. After seeing today's pics of the QAR, it looks like I'll be saving my money for the hopefully bigger and better Black Pearl. I love the sails on the QAR but there is something lacking in the details of the ship (maybe because I recently built the Imperial Flagship) and there are just too many skeleton heads for my liking.

I will still get the QAR for the figs and parts, but as a ship its not that much better the Brickbeards Bounty. It would be great just to have have a ship built as well as the BSB. But I suppose those days are gone. Looks very odd without a deck and the open cabin looks awful, but then again, I wont have to look at it as I will be buying it for the parts, not to use for display. In that respect, it is a good set full of nice parts and figs. Same goes for the other sets, they are all good for parts which suits me fine, and the minifigs are cool.

This pic confirms that the BP is smaller than the QAR: LEGO Toy Fair 2011 - Pirates of the Caribbean - 4184 Black Pearl - 1

And it says that the set is based on Dead Man's chest... I smell a possible appearance of Davy Jones :pir-wub:

This pic confirms that the BP is smaller than the QAR: LEGO Toy Fair 2011 - Pirates of the Caribbean - 4184 Black Pearl - 1

And it says that the set is based on Dead Man's chest... I smell a possible appearance of Davy Jones :pir-wub:

Yeah I was right. It was priced exactly as BB in Singapore.

Fantastic coverage from FBTB. I really love the Whitecap Bay set, that looks like it works as a bigger set with lots of cool play features. It's a fully realised set not just a facade, unlike the Inn in the London Escape set, which is still nice too, but doesn't have much around the back. Still that one has the carriages to go with it.

The only one of these sets I really don't like is the Fountain of Youth, with the vinyl plastic curtain. Just looks a bit tacky to me, a real shame it's not brick built but I'm sure TLG wanted this one as a cheap set to get the main people from On Stranger Tides in.

Really can't wait for these to come out!

I was expecting the QAR to have no deck, but I'm really surprised and disappointed by the open cabin. I guess it means you won't have to take bits off the boat to move minifigs around in it, but I like taking bits off.

I need to start saving money, and details like this help me. :thumbup:

Awesome! HD pics of the sets, actually built! :pir-classic:

My mind has stayed with certain sets though, I am definitely getting the QAR and most of the smaller sets, but as for the rest I am unsure. It'll be a fun experience checking those out.

We don't have to compain about the number of small and large bones on the QAR set :jollyroger:

I will put in a complaint.... Where do the long bones come from? A minifig that is the size of a Star wars or G.I.Joe Acion figure? Because that looks like the length of the Tibia (large lower leg bone)on an action figure. I know the sets are not "realistic" but rather fantasy made for children, it just bothers me somehow. :pir-hmpf:

Edited by Dr. Steve

I will put in a complaint.... Where do the long bones come from? A minifig that is the size of a Star wars or G.I.Joe Acion figure? Because that looks like the length of the Tibia (large lower leg bone)on an action figure. I know the sets are not "realistic" but rather fantasy made for children, it just bothers me somehow. :pir-hmpf:

Have you ever seen Hagrid without the coat? That will explain the large bones :pir_laugh2:

Edited by narbilu

The London escape was a must buy from the first small leaked pics and nothing has changed as the pics got better.

Agreed, it looks absolutely awesome. And the green carriage looks like it could easily be modded into a nice little Dragon knights carriage.