Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Oh. I thought that was Blackbeard in the third movie. I've never even heard of Captain Teague. :pir-sceptic:

To me, he did look suspiciously like Blackbeard, based upon pictures that I have seen.

Lord Embo

That is an easy mistake to make considering that most historians believe that Blackbeard's real name was Edward Teach.

That is an easy mistake to make considering that most historians believe that Blackbeard's real name was Edward Teach.

I suppose it is. But they made Captain Teague look a lot like what Blackbeard/Edward Teach is supposed to look like. I hope it doesn't get too confusing trying to tell which one is which.

Lord Embo

im actually surprised that there arent any like lego pirates of the carribean themes in the past like 5 years.. how awesome would it be? i would love to buy a blackpearl

I suppose it is. But they made Captain Teague look a lot like what Blackbeard/Edward Teach is supposed to look like. I hope it doesn't get too confusing trying to tell which one is which.

Lord Embo

dont worry, in the movie they look nothing like eachother, (unless they changed the look of teague from at worlds end, wich would be odd)

dont worry, in the movie they look nothing like eachother, (unless they changed the look of teague from at worlds end, wich would be odd)

I really hope so. I hate it when movies make two characters(unless they're identical twins) very similar, it makes it hard to tell which is which. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Lord Embo

Elizabeth :pir-wub: .. The sets sound very interesting. But I'm a bit disappointed I really hoped to see more sets of the 3 classic Pirates movies. I really wanted to see Davy Jones, Tia Dalma, Cotton, Marty, Lord Beckett and Pintel and Ragetti in minifig form. But maybe there will come more sets of the 3 classic Pirates movies because there are rumors going on that there will be a 5th and 6th Pirates movie and maybe they will make more sets just like Indiana Jones. :pir-grin: (I think that this is my longest replying on a topic.. :thumbup:)

Edited by It All Ends Here

Interesting how Wikipedia has that information. If you check the source reference, which is an entry on moviesblog.mtv.com doesn't say anything about Barbossa being a privateer. So where did that information actually originate?

Anyway, heres a picture of The Queen Anne's Revenge figurehead. How would that translate into LEGO?

post-273-129148131388.jpg

Interesting how Wikipedia has that information. If you check the source reference, which is an entry on moviesblog.mtv.com doesn't say anything about Barbossa being a privateer. So where did that information actually originate?

Anyway, heres a picture of The Queen Anne's Revenge figurehead. How would that translate into LEGO?

post-273-129148131388.jpg

problably just a normal black skeleton

and I don't think there was ay source note on wikipedia... :pir-sceptic:

Yes, there was a citation for the information about Barbaossa, it was the sixth reference overall, but it did preceed the sentence "former pirate, who is now a privateer on the Court of King George II."

So where did the information regarding that sentence come from? We may never know.

Yes, there was a citation for the information about Barbaossa, it was the sixth reference overall, but it did preceed the sentence "former pirate, who is now a privateer on the Court of King George II."

So where did the information regarding that sentence come from? We may never know.

So barbossa is actualy a blue redcoat

I hope Lego builds him well

But wasn't this topic about the spanish armada?

But I'm a bit disappointed I really hoped to see more sets of the 3 classic Pirates movies. I really wanted to see Davy Jones, Tia Dalma, Cotton, Marty, Lord Beckett and Pintel and Ragetti in minifig form.

Don't worry. I'm sure we'll get them eventually(especially Davy Jones, he is a must-make for TLG). :wink: It's too bad that we don't get them now though. :pir-cry_sad:

Lord Embo

And return of bluecoats, yes. But hey, barbossa IS weiring a Blue coat eh? So thats makes him a bluecoat right? :pir_laugh2:

Anyways, i think at if TLG is gonna make Queen Annes Revenge, and they do that figurhead. Its just a Black Skeleton whit out legs i say.

At barbossa being english privateer in this 4th movie, i truly belive its true. But i cant actually still belive at he would be wearing a peg leg in this movie.... We will see then :pir-sceptic:

Captain Becker

For the people speculating on new redcoats, here's a picture from the set of On stranger tides:

jerrybruckheimerpirates.th.jpg

This might be what King George’s soldiers (The London escape set) will look like.

Edited by deskp

I can't wait for the Queen Anne's Revenge to come out I hope these sets come out early in 2011. :jollyroger:

I can't wait for the Queen Anne's Revenge to come out I hope these sets come out early in 2011. :jollyroger:

I think it's a May release.

In case this hasn't been posted yet, I just saw this

that has some footage of Stranger Tides. Not sure if you guys could find some useful info on what kinds of parts or figs to expect, but interesting bit about those mermaids. Hopefully more than one to the set!

Well now THAT was an awesome video again. I truly cant wait at all when we will see POTC 4! Please, relase the movie already! :pir_laugh2:

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

I just read that Disney are "quietly telling cast and crew members of Pirates to keep their schedules free" because they plan to go ahead with POTC 5 and 6, so this theme could potentially be running for a very long time - long enough for us to get every ship and scene we've been wanting from the first three movies. Could be LEGO Star Wars all over again, unless people suddenly get very tired of pirates. Best stock up on your yellow pirates now, people. They might be taking another decade-long hiatus.

Of course, it's always possible that things will change, especially if Johnny gets tired of being Captain Jack. And his schedule does make things tricky. But I bet Disney will make it happen. It's not like they don't have money to pay him.

Link to article: Pirates 5 and 6 back-to-back?

Could be LEGO Star Wars all over again, unless people suddenly get very tired of pirates. Best stock up on your yellow pirates now, people. They might be taking another decade-long hiatus.

Of course, it's always possible that things will change, especially if Johnny gets tired of being Captain Jack. And his schedule does make things tricky. But I bet Disney will make it happen. It's not like they don't have money to pay him.

I highly Doubt Johnny Depp will stop being Captain Jack anytime soon. Kids love the character, and I believe he has showed up at events as Jack Sparrow on numerous occassion, with much enjoyment. I'll look for sources to back this up, but for now I just have my words.

Also, hiatus from yellow? :pir_bawling: Looks like I might HAVE to use the yellow sharpie trick. :pir-tongue:

Johnny Depp has said he loves playing the character so he'll be up for it.

I doubt this line will be as popular as Star Wars, simply because star wars is such a huge ting thats been around forever. Personally i'd like Pirates of the caribbean to be like that aswell, so if this happens i'll be very pleased.

Hope one of the sets will give us hat-less coat-less Jack Sparrow.

After the video I think we can except a carriage (maybe two) in the "London Escape" Set. Nice.

Yup, they're from Swash Buckler's excellent Black Pearl MOC. :pir-wink:

The prices are pretty much what I expected them to be, although I was hoping Isla De la Muerta would be a bit cheaper, but oh well. Now all we need is pics! :pir-sweet:

LOL- unbelievable that my cr*ppy customs actually fooled someone :pir_laugh2: No those aren't official and i am not involved in design of the official figs so they will turn out to be quite different.... still no Black Pearl in the first wave of sets.... :pir-cry_sad:

After the video I think we can except a carriage (maybe two) in the "London Escape" Set. Nice.

Do you think that would be two 1horse carriages or two 2horse carriages, cause 4 horses in one set seems a bit unlikely.

I do agree that that set propably is a carriage, thats soemthing new for the pirate era in lego, right?

I would want one 2horse carriage and a little pub or wherever hes going to.

Also, the trailer(for the movie) should be allover by next weekend, exciting!

Edited by deskp

I highly Doubt Johnny Depp will stop being Captain Jack anytime soon. Kids love the character, and I believe he has showed up at events as Jack Sparrow on numerous occassion, with much enjoyment. I'll look for sources to back this up, but for now I just have my words.

I agree with you. :thumbup: Even if he gets picked for any other film roles in the near future, I am sure that he will turn them down to continue with PotC.

Lord Embo

A damn, I have some bad news. I just saw a picture of the Queen Anne's Revenge from POTC 4. It looks like this:

pirates-4-shoots-on-queen-annes-revenge-420-75.jpg

No, this is what it should look like:

queen-annes-revenge1.jpg

Which means that we'll get yet another LEGO ship with really messed up proportions that looks totally unrealistic. If you're not convinced, remember this?