Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Yes! If these sets are anything like the PoP sets (great parts, colours, and designs for a licensed theme) then we are in for a treat. I can see some possible sets that would treasure-troves ( :pir-classic: ) already: a Shipwreck Cove set springs to mind. And Singapore could be a fantastic set.

Great news!

I would kind of assume this is why Lego cancelled the system Pirates this year. Having two similar lines on the market might not help sales (no matter how much AFOLs would love it).

Wow. I leave for three days and something like this is confirmed. :tongue:

Great news. I'm not much of a pirates fan nor a fan of the movies, but I have missed out on previous pirates lines and won't pass this up. Not to mention that there'll probably be Atlantis-styled creatures and detailed sets! :classic:

Truly great news! I'd heard about the LEGO PotC video game first and knew LEGO wouldn't make a game without there being actual toy sets...

Haha- Eat that, Mega Bloks! Your PotC stuff SUCKED! :p

Now if only LEGO would do a Marvel line (also a Disney property now), I'd be a REALLY happy camper :D

Edited by the fixer

I was thinking about the Lego licensed themes, and it occurs to me that they go in this order from most to least successful:

Star Wars

Harry Potter

Toy Story

Indiana Jones

Thomas the Tank Engine

Prince of Persia

What about Batman? Just above Indiana Jones? Just below? I don't know, but I pretty much agree with this list you have here. :pir-classic:

Anyways, I really hope this goes further than PoP did. Just one, fatally boring line. :pirate_sad2:

I have mixed feelings about this, on the one hand I am excited to see the new sets and more importantly the elements this will bring, but also slightly disappointed that it is a Licensed Theme with the increased prices and the flesh figs. Obviously the beauty of Lego is that we are free to pick and choose what parts of this theme we wish to incorporate into our own personal building spaces, but still I feel ambivalent, a resentment that the 2009 line also saw just one wave to make room for Jack Sparrow, but also an excitement to see how Lego will firstly render these films into bricks, and also hopeful that we will see some interesting new elements.

That sums up my feelings.

I just hope we see some new blue coats. If we do I hope they are in a smaller set like cannon battle, that would be great news for army builders!

Since Lego had a 2009 Wave of Pirates and now a 2011 Wave of POTC, I wish they had done a 2nd wave of pirates in 2010. They could have released 4-6 smaller sets $6-$50 range (of course with blucoats). I understand that Lego probably did not want to invest any further in a redundant line but a few more smaller sets with some new figs would have been cool. I also hope that a lot of the figs torsos do not have the flesh color on them (I am guessing most pirates will), this will make it easier to use with the old pirates. I am more of an army builder so I will probably be ok in regards to flesh (if we get any soldiers). Can't wait to see some pics!

Oh boy. Yet ANOTHER awesome line for 2011.

My wallet is going to be beaten, bruised and bloody by the end of the year. LOL

What about Batman? Just above Indiana Jones? Just below? I don't know, but I pretty much agree with this list you have here. :pir-classic:

Anyways, I really hope this goes further than PoP did. Just one, fatally boring line. :pirate_sad2:

Fatally boring? I don't think so look at all the amazing elements and even a new color and the best off all the ostrich :oh:

Oh sorry, I forgot about Batman. I also forgot Spiderman too. Probably some others I'm missing too. I'll squeeze them in above Thomas and below Indy :pir-cry_happy: .

Star Wars

Harry Potter

<POTC?>

Toy Story

Indiana Jones

Batman

Spiderman

Thomas the Tank Engine

Prince of Persia

I don't have the time to read 29 pages so sorry if this has been discused.

Why is PotC classed as a pirate theme instead of a licenced theme? If the reason is 'because it's pirates' does that mean we'll have to move Indiana Jones into Lego action themes and Star Wars into Lego Sci-fi?

Why is PotC classed as a pirate theme instead of a licenced theme? If the reason is 'because it's pirates' does that mean we'll have to move Indiana Jones into Lego action themes and Star Wars into Lego Sci-fi?

Because we decided to put this in the pirates forum. I agree it could also fit very well in licensed, but our pirates forum has an established group of pirates fans and is linked with our Classic-Pirates.com blog, so it makes sense having all pirate discussion (and MOCs) in one place.

:pir-wink:

Great news LEGO. I'm really excited for this line, it seems like a perfect License to enter. TLC has a great history of Pirates now combining with PoTC they really should be able nail it. I'd actually really love them to do a UCS style kit or 2, Cap'n Jack's Black Pearl in the same scale as the Imperial Flagship would be great.

Bring on Spring (autumn for us Southern hemisphere folk) 2011!!

Edited by MicroM

I was thinking about the Lego licensed themes, and it occurs to me that they go in this order from most to least successful:

Star Wars

Harry Potter

Toy Story

Indiana Jones

Thomas the Tank Engine

Prince of Persia

IJ would go above Toy Story and Batman would go right under IJ.

I don't think POP was unsuccessful at all. It was one of my favorites, certainly above Thomas the Tank Engine at least. :pir-tongue:

That's awesome news! I had better start saving my money. I hope that there is some new soldier torsos :thumbup:

I'm sure we won't be getting tons of new parts, but I would assume that we'll get at least a few new ones. I'm guess this will be similar to Prince of Persia in the way of new parts. That would be great if it's the case. :pir-classic:

Yes, dont get me wrong, Im sure we will get some nice new pieces or existing pieces in newer colours, but im not getting my hopes up for some of the parts people are mentioning as that would be too good to be true! Still, the design of the sets themselves dont interest me, its the parts that Im after. They could make a beautiful version of the Black pearl and i'd still rip it apart and plunder the pieces :pirate_skel1: As long as theres lots of pieces in dark brown then I'll be happy(dark brown 1x1 and 1x3 tiles would be awesome).

8 sets, that sounds great. For the rest, I think it was pretty clear we would get the line, even though official confirmation is a great thing.

I for myself must say, that I wouldn't mind a great Flying Dutchman ship, and I am excited about the triple cannons, but I would prefer a royal ship, like the Dauntless, the Interceptor or maybe a equivalent ship from the 4th movie.

So, I don't understand: Will we get sets from the first three movies, or only from the 4th one? 'Cause lots of people said, we would just get 4, but in the confirmation they also mention the first three ones. :pir_wacko:

I'd like to see Jack Sparrow's Black Pearl; Davy Jones' Flying Dutchman; and Sao Feng's Chinese junk, The Empress. Plus, Keira Knightly in minifig format = yum! Absolutely can't wait!!

If this is a confirmed theme...shouldn't it be pinned? :pir-sceptic:

I don't like pinning more than on thread. It often has the opposite effect.

hey finally oficial=) this is gonna be great!

i got a question to you guys what do you think the 8 building sets will be??

I think a Black Pearl is mandatory as is that i get him as soon as it gets out...or even better the flying dutchman.

Also great that huge wheel where jack fights someone(i can´t remember who) could be a nice set.

Locations i´d like the Tia dalma´s hut or that place with the asian pirates. Could have a kraken :pir-sweet: almost forgot the minifigs on this are probably gonna be the best :thumbup:

gosh i didn´t thought this trough ,the potential here seems tremendous. Let me know what you think mates!

Edited by Aveal the black sheep

This is indeed excellent news for sure. I am glad that is now certain.

...I know some people are arguing about the "unbelievers" :pir_wacko: ...but seriously, whether or not you believe this series will be produced or not will not change if it actually IS or is not. I chose to not get my hopes up and too worked up until I had more info to go on, and Im sure many others hold that view too. :pir-wink:

While by now there are actually official statements to go on, not just a single picture. I have seen many fake things on the internet before about things to be released by companies...

If you go to Serebii, they have a whole section devoted to fake pokemon that people "leaked".

Remember, not everything on the internet is real. :pir-grin:

....aaaand back to topic....

I think the Pearl is a likely ship, as it would be insane to have a pirate line without a ship, and that was the iconic ship of the whole series. Dutchman maybe, but im not sure.

I would be glad if they did have a couple of the ships though.

My idea of what the sets will possibly be:

(by typical price category-USD)

$130 Dutchman?

$110? Pearl :pir-wub: - the flagship of the series...(pun intended)

$45-$50 either a fort or harbor.

$30 a smaller structure related scene. perhaps the water wheel battle.

$20 battle over the gold. Interior, not the whole cave maybe?

$10/$12 -wow, I cant think of a good idea for the small set. It could be something really random, just with a few figs, and the usual useless structure that was never actually in the movie. (anyone remember that small starwars sets like that?)

And the ever wonderful $5 set. I place my bet on a Jack Sparrow on sinking raft! :pir-grin:

...hmmm, well, with 8 sets, it could very well have multiple ships. We'll just have to wait and see...

Plus, we dont know what scenes will be taken from the new movie.

You´re right,while it says it´s an official statement the internet as that problem we´ll only be sure when we see images and stuff on Lego site. As far as i know there´s nothing featuring this themes on the first catalog of 2011 or anywhere as the new releases will be ninjago and pharao´s quest. But that doesn´t mean we can´t discuss/dream about what will/could be this theme :pir-sweet: .That said..

Multiple ships,although me and pretty much every mate here would definitely love it(what are pirates without ships anyway),me thinks is unlikely,at least not at once. one thing that could happen is the Pearl being released along the Exclusive line,like the (amazing :pir-cry_happy: ) Imperial Flagship. That way it could be a well detailed Black pearl like the ship deserves. Leaving room for a smaller ship as one of the main line sets,something like the Interceptor. In my opinion we could actually get all of them ships,if the line is sucessfull and continues for some years.

I agree with your ideas dan, there as to be a fort/harbour of some kind that probably being port royal from the first movie.

Also yes,we have to acount for the new movie,some sets,if not the majority(with the older ones being released later) will come from there. looking into to that i just saw that penelope cruz will appear in the movie....forget will and elizabeth minifigs...who wouldn´t want a penelope cruz minifig :pir-wub::pir-laugh: