Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Melvin said:

I don't think it's in a polybag and onn the blurry box you can see 2 gray things, those are sharks, I think.

That's an important point you have there; it really seems that the shark is on the blurry box art. And since the blurred picture was made most likely with the final box, it must be meant to be included in this set. For now, nothing of it makes sense.

We know for sure that the shark exists

We know that it belongs to PotC since it's in the trailer

We are pretty sure that it is on the blurred box art

But it wasn't shown or mentioned at toy fair.

It isn't included in the current official pictures or the set description. 

So the very last explanation I can deliver is that the shark will be in the set but they hold it back until the early vip purchase. Be it to avoid spoilers (although it was in the trailer) or for a strange bold marketing move.

We have to keep in mind that only a small majority of the potential buyers take notice of events like toy fair or spend months in the internet to keep track of every tiny news leak. 

I guess most people that are going to buy the set don't even have in mind yet that the film is about to be released.

And surely we weren't supposed to know about the shark so early. 

There is the issue of the trans-clear parts that make the ship stand. When speculation on the blurry image began we didn't know about those. It is entirely plausible that those, partially obscured by the water art, could be what we were seeing.

13 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

There is the issue of the trans-clear parts that make the ship stand. When speculation on the blurry image began we didn't know about those. It is entirely plausible that those, partially obscured by the water art, could be what we were seeing.

I don't think so. There is one stand behind the bow. On the picture were the bow is raised it is removed. I don't think they would spoil the box art by keeping it attached there during the "action mode" (I assume we can agree that the box art shows the bent ship).

And even if the stand was in the picture it wouldn't reach to the position were I imagine the shark, in the bottom right corner, under the rowboat. There is a grey spot that doesn't seem connected to the ship structure. 

Edited by Jacob Nion

On 19-2-2017 at 11:00 PM, Jacob Nion said:

I don't think so. There is one stand behind the bow. On the picture were the bow is raised it is removed. I don't think they would spoil the box art by keeping it attached there during the "action mode" (I assume we can agree that the box art shows the bent ship).

And even if the stand was in the picture it wouldn't reach to the position were I imagine the shark, in the bottom right corner, under the rowboat. There is a grey spot that doesn't seem connected to the ship structure. 

Isn't the grey blurry thingy the rowboat where the 3 protagonists are in?

I have to admit that it would surprise me not seeing the spooky shark in the set, considering your arguments (movie trailer, fitting perfect in this set, ...)

6 hours ago, Maxim I said:

Isn't the grey blurry thingy the rowboat where the 3 protagonists are in?

I have to admit that it would surprise me not seeing the spooky shark in the set, considering your arguments (movie trailer, fitting perfect in this set, ...)

The row boat is the brown splotchy bit, the grey bits near it are speculated to be the shark.

It's a shame Lego didn't make use of the new blue & yellow parrot.  I felt for sure that it was created for a Cotten minifigure.:look:

3 hours ago, Fightingswords said:

Or the new monkey mold for Jack( the other one)

We have a new monkey mold?! Since when and in what set?

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

We have a new monkey mold?! Since when and in what set?

Both of you were talking about what Lego didn't do.

51 minutes ago, Boettner Builds said:

Ninjago sky pirates.

They've been using that monkey mold for years. It's the first monkey they ever made (I think). It was just recolored for Ninjago. 

2 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

They've been using that monkey mold for years. It's the first monkey they ever made (I think). It was just recolored for Ninjago. 

Nope, the new one has a different head:

2550c01.jpg

2550c02.jpg?1

14 minutes ago, Legostone said:

Whoops! Didn't realize that, sorry. I think if they ever had made Jack they should've used the small molded monkey that came in the minifigure series. 

1 hour ago, Legostone said:

2550c01.jpg

2550c02.jpg?1

I was expecting this to show up in the new city jungle theme... but nope. Hopefully it will show up in future pirates sets...

On 25/02/2017 at 1:39 AM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Whoops! Didn't realize that, sorry. I think if they ever had made Jack they should've used the small molded monkey that came in the minifigure series. 

Have you got a photo of the moulded monkey?

I always thought the Collectible Minifigures Ape was supposed to be a Chimpanzee or something very similar to a Chimpanzee.

Edited by Actor Builder
gedren_y beat me to the punchline...

Give it until next year and we'll have the entire BB crew, with a new moulded Jack and everything... I hope.:grin:

Sup guys! Its been a long time o.o

Not sure if this has been posted yet but... has any of you seen the new trailer thats been around youtube for couple hours now?

Also, not sure if I am supposed to link it here, should I? Either case just search for "PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 5 Official Trailer # 3", to satisfy your eyes :pir-grin:

On 02/03/2017 at 6:36 PM, Yawgmoth said:

Sup guys! Its been a long time o.o

Not sure if this has been posted yet but... has any of you seen the new trailer thats been around youtube for couple hours now?

Also, not sure if I am supposed to link it here, should I? Either case just search for "PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 5 Official Trailer # 3", to satisfy your eyes :pir-grin:

It really looks awesome doesn't it!  It's officially the last chapter (or so they say), it's a shame we didn't see a bit more of Will though.  How much screen time do you recon he will have in the new movie?

5 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

It really looks awesome doesn't it!  It's officially the last chapter (or so they say), it's a shame we didn't see a bit more of Will though.  How much screen time do you recon he will have in the new movie?

I personally think that Will will only be saving the day in the end of the movie. Which is also why I have no faith that there making a Flying Dutchman and the reason why lego didn't give him a minifgure.