Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

10 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

i think the preliminary picture will go out before in internet. I hope!

We can hope, but that's not really a thing that happens with D2C sets, because LEGO has no need to share their plans with anyone but themselves and the license holder(disney)

Retails is the reason prelims usually gets leaked.

4 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Well how come the set has leaked in the first place then? 

Some way that doesn't include images :wink:.   Happens with d2c's but I dont recall ever seeing a d2c prelim image leaked.

8 hours ago, deskp said:

Some way that doesn't include images :wink:.   Happens with d2c's but I dont recall ever seeing a d2c prelim image leaked.

Your probably right mate!  I just hope we at least get the set name, after that I'll be happy.  I don't like the possibility of getting all these ships and not knowing which it is.:pir-grin:

8 hours ago, deskp said:

On 24 octobre 2016 at 4:48 PM, Captain Pirate Man said:

I agree, just finding out WHICH ship it will be would satisfy me for now.

Black Pearl back will satisfy me ^^, but i think it will be the new ship of the movie.

I disagree, I don't think it'll be one of the new ships. Not if it's only 1 set. If its multiple sets, then yes I could see that. 

The previous POTC wave is too far removed, they are not realistic purchases for kids and families. If its a 1 off, wouldn't you want people excited about buying it? Im not saying there wouldn't be a fair amount of excitement for a ship from the new movie, because there would be. But not to the same level as the Dutchman or the BP IMO.

To compare it to another recent Lego film release, look at the Ghostbusters line. If Lego would have released ONLY the new Ecto 1 without still having the original Ecto and the firehouse available, I believe there would be very little interest in the new car. People would be mad to see THAT car get a set before the classic stuff did. I feel the same applies to POTC.

Yes technically Lego has made the BP and QAR before, but they are not currently available, that's the biggest difference imo. Now if the release a D2C new ship and rerelease the original BP, then I think that would work. As long as something Iconic from the series is in store shelves along with new stuff, it can work.

But again, these are just MY opinions. ?

Just out of interest does anybody think it could be the Queen Ann's Revenge? I mean it is going to be in the new movie after all.  It is also one of the most iconic ships. 

19 minutes ago, Captain Becker said:

Already done in the previous wave so probably not.

So was the Black Pearl but people still think we're getting that mate.

I know this may sound weird and it's very unlikely, but is there any chance it could be 2 ships in one box like a pirate ship battle set? We know there is defiantly a set coming, but it could be a black pearl vs captain Salzars ship set? It is most likely one ship larger than imperial flagship size. We may be getting cut short as for all we know there may be a new pirates theme in the works as it has been nearly 30 years since the start of the theme, But we never know :pir-sceptic:

Edited by SodorBricks

4 hours ago, SodorBricks said:

I know this may sound weird and it's very unlikely, but is there any chance it could be 2 ships in one box like a pirate ship battle set? We know there is defiantly a set coming, but it could be a black pearl vs captain Salzars ship set? It is most likely one ship larger than imperial flagship size. We may be getting cut short as for all we know there may be a new pirates theme in the works as it has been nearly 30 years since the start of the theme, But we never know :pir-sceptic:

Honestly I wouldn't put anything past Lego.  It's not something I had thought about but I imagine there is a strong possibility that that could happen.  Let's be honest kids would love it!  However I stand by what I said originally, that being I believe it is Davy Jones Flying Dutchman, and if not that the Black Pearl.  To be honest though I do think a POTC wave is likely in the summer wave. 

Today, the nice guy in charge of the LEGO Store near to me, told me there was only one set, the ship. I thought it would the ship + some sets from the new movie.

5 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

It looks more and more likely that it'll just be the 1 set.

How so? Has there been any additional info after the initial rumour?

1 hour ago, Boromir said:

How so? Has there been any additional info after the initial rumour?

No, which is rather the point: the lack of further rumours suggests a lack of further sets.

So, this 71042 ? What do you think ? An improved version of the Black Pearl ? Or the exclusivity of the Flying Dutchman ? I would like the Flying Dutchman (it failed on LEGO Ideas like the Ghostbuster QH, which is finally come) but having not the previous ships, even if it is an improved version of the Black Pearl, I'll take it :) 

2 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

So, this 71042 ? What do you think ? An improved version of the Black Pearl ? Or the exclusivity of the Flying Dutchman ? I would like the Flying Dutchman (it failed on LEGO Ideas like the Ghostbuster QH, which is finally come) but having not the previous ships, even if it is an improved version of the Black Pearl, I'll take it :) 

I think it will most likely be the Black Pearl. My reason for this is because there only making one set. To make only one set off of a famous movie franchise they have to do an iconic ship to get the sales. So my guess would have to be the Black Pearl as the first pick. The Dutchman would have to be my second choice. Then my final choice would have to be the new ship, but I don't think its to likely for that one.

1 hour ago, azog said:

I think it will most likely be the Black Pearl. My reason for this is because there only making one set. To make only one set off of a famous movie franchise they have to do an iconic ship to get the sales. So my guess would have to be the Black Pearl as the first pick. The Dutchman would have to be my second choice. Then my final choice would have to be the new ship, but I don't think its to likely for that one.

That's what I think, one set meaning a large public. But I can dreaming, actually I want both of them !

41 minutes ago, notpennysboat said:

That's what I think, one set meaning a large public. But I can dreaming, actually I want both of them !

I wish we can have both of them! Maybe they will do another big ship during the winter? We can only hope.

My guess is the Black Pearl, since the lego idea submission got shot down in the water, it may cause another ghostbuster HQ controversy. Also the Black Pearl is the "Good Guy" ship so it just seems more likely altogether.

Edited by SodorBricks

In WhiteFangs latest review of the lego batman movie Minifigures you can see a silhouette of a lego figure with 2017 written by it, the figure looks very much like a pirates of the Caribbean figure we got a while back, so will POTC be getting a CMF serise. The other odd thing which I only recently picked up on was on the back of the lego Batman movie instructions rather than use a batman figure for the win sign they have a pirate, at the moment this is all speculation but a very plausible one!