Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

NY TIA 2011

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

So I just got back from NY Toyfair 2011. Sad to say I did not get to go inside the lego booth. The toyfair is strictly business and appointment only for the big time toy makers.

However they did line the outside of their booth with snippet windows. Got to see some SW sets in prototype form!!! New SW licensed Lego gear coming soon as well. I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

I am so excited about this. I cant wait to get one. (I collect flashlights). The torch was there. On the product list guide there is supposed to be a Darth Vader keychain as well. Same size as the other lego light keychains. No word on other SW characters.

img2298b.jpg

Millenium Falcon. Pay attention to the white decals/stickers they are labeled

img2332w.jpg

img2309g.jpg

img2334v.jpg

img2310k.jpg

I dont know if these really are what we will get in the retail product but it looks like Luke is getting new hair (rapid prototype) and Leia is getting new hair (rapid prototype) the Luke hair is really interesting as it looks like the Collectible Series 2 Surfer hair but it is not.

img2314s.jpg

img2315k.jpg

Sith Infiltrator

img2331nz.jpg

img2316o.jpg

img2317n.jpg

img2318l.jpg

img2319i.jpg

img2321k.jpg

img2322a.jpg

img2323m.jpg

img2324e.jpg

img2325c.jpg

img2326hp.jpg

img2327q.jpg

img2328q.jpg

I must say, these figs look REALLY strange in prototype form. *huh*

Edited by Fives

Im glad I brought along the Macro lens. Im using my friend's DSLR Canon and his lenses. One of which is a great Sigma macro. Perfect for those close up detail shots. Which can be missed using a standard lens.

Im glad I brought along the Macro lens. Im using my friend's DSLR Canon and his lenses. One of which is a great Sigma macro. Perfect for those close up detail shots. Which can be missed using a standard lens.

Nice, and great shots. After seeing the final version of the new Leia hair, that prototype version makes me gag! :sick: Also, a lot of white parts. Kinda neat to see how the figs look through the design stages.

No offense, but you're waaaaay behind. We have a ton of pictures in the 2011 topic, which I'm sure this will be merged into shortly. But good pics. Falcon has a half-decent interior...

No offense, but you're waaaaay behind. We have a ton of pictures in the 2011 topic, which I'm sure this will be merged into shortly. But good pics. Falcon has a half-decent interior...

Who is way behind, me, or Solscud007?

I'm just curious... I asked once before if double posts are frowned upon. I never got an answer. Are they?

Yes! Star Wars flashlight maxi-figs! Macro-builds, here I come! :sweet:

The 3D printed items look...interesting. And I thought the Zabrak horn piece couldn't get any uglier.

The only thing I'm wondering is, why not just put this in the Rumors topic?

I'm just curious... I asked once before if double posts are frowned upon. I never got an answer. Are they?

Depends on the info they contain.

I felt my trip to NYTF was special so I made a thread.

On another note. I got a free Chrome Vader after chatting up the nice lady at the Lego Licensing booth. I was asking a bunch of questions about the LED lights.

I asked why was this guy all alone and where I could get one. She let me have it. Also if you notice, someone doesnt know Lego AT ALL, the cape was put on UNDER the arms.

img2300b.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

WAIT!

I saw this in your pic of the Toy Story alarm clocks:

img2366cx.jpg

Look at the Visual Dictionary. That is definitely not the Celebration Luke. I'm seeing a dk. tan torso with a Jedi tunic print.

WAIT!

I saw this in your pic of the Toy Story alarm clocks:

img2366cx.jpg

Look at the Visual Dictionary. That is definitely not the Celebration Luke. I'm seeing a dk. tan torso with a Jedi tunic print.

Nice find, but it still looks like the book says it is Luke. His torso is the only different thing. Maybe they just put the wrong body on him?

Since Solscud made the effort to go to the NYTF and shared his pics with us, I think this deserves a topic of its own. It's actually interesting to see the prototype molds of elements of the 2011 sets. The Vader torchlight looks great! I have passed on the previous versions before but this Vader one I must get.

Could it just be a mix up of torsos? Was Luke dressed like that at any time in the movies?

The Vader lamplight is pretty cool. If it comes to New Zealand I will probably pick it up as well. :classic:

Yes, Panaka's styrofoam hat makes me laugh!

Yes! Star Wars flashlight maxi-figs! Macro-builds, here I come! :sweet:

Well, any thick SNOT wings would certainly look better at that scale...

I asked why was this guy all alone and where I could get one. She let me have it. Also if you notice, someone doesnt know Lego AT ALL, the cape was put on UNDER the arms.

Under? How does that work?

I'm seeing a dk. tan torso with a Jedi tunic print.

Looks like he finally

. :tongue:

Well, any thick SNOT wings would certainly look better at that scale...

Oh you. :laugh:

Under? How does that work?

Put the arm balls through the cape holes and then put them into the sockets.

Say, when did your name change from '...327' to '...309'?

Oh I forgot to mention. that the Lightsaber lights up, of the large LED light figure. The keychain, basing off the picture, doesnt have a light saber.

Thank you for this, stuff like this should have it's own topic because if you put it in the pictures and rumours thread you'd get lots of "this is so old", "we already have these", "what? darth maul's head is white now?!". I haven't really seen most of these pics so its nice having them. Anyone else find it dangerous to have Luke practicing with a lightsaber right near the Falcons engines or hyperdrive (whatever those circular bits are)

I'd have to say I tried that same thing with the chrome 3PO as you did with vader. :laugh:

Oooooooooh....

New interiors on the Millennium Falcon...

A drastic design change in how Vader wears his cape...

To be honest, I've been very interested in the new sets...until I saw clear pictures of them. There is that ongoing discussion about how the focus of the line may have/definitely has turned to minifigures - won't say anything more about that here. However, looking at the physical sets, especially the redesigns, does leave much to be desired. It is a great opportunity for those who do not own the previous versions to pick up a LEGO version of iconic ships such as the Falcon and the Sith Infiltrator, but really the modifications on the Falcon over 4504 seem so minor, fishing in the spare parts bin or a quick order of some parts from Bricklink seems to be all that's needed to "upgrade" an existing 4504. I don't know how else to say it, I'm disappointed.

Vaders cape was probably put on like that for display as it gives a more dramatic pose, as it causes the cape to look like it's being blown.

Oooooooooh....

New interiors on the Millennium Falcon...

A drastic design change in how Vader wears his cape...

To be honest, I've been very interested in the new sets...until I saw clear pictures of them. There is that ongoing discussion about how the focus of the line may have/definitely has turned to minifigures - won't say anything more about that here. However, looking at the physical sets, especially the redesigns, does leave much to be desired. It is a great opportunity for those who do not own the previous versions to pick up a LEGO version of iconic ships such as the Falcon and the Sith Infiltrator, but really the modifications on the Falcon over 4504 seem so minor, fishing in the spare parts bin or a quick order of some parts from Bricklink seems to be all that's needed to "upgrade" an existing 4504. I don't know how else to say it, I'm disappointed.

Yeah The technic bottom is an eyesore for me. I picked up my 4504 and I love it. But I will get this too. Maybe I can combine them to make a better MF.

What did you try with your chrome 3P0?

I didn't have one, I was talking to some guy at the Lego Store who had one on the counter, we started talking about it and then I asked (jokingly) if I could have it. But he never did so...you're story reminded me of that.