UNSC_Elephant.jpg

battlescape-1.jpg

Spring 2011 Wave:

96837 Halo Battlescape - $39.99 - 79 PCS

96858 Artic Combat Unit - $9.99 - 25 PCS

96859 Covenant Banshee - $9.99 - 97 PCS

96869 Covenant Brute Prowler - $19.99 - 173 PCS

29678 UNSC Flame Marine (red) - $9.99 - 27 PCS

29699 Halo Collector Case (white EVA, black Flame Marine, red/steel ODST) - $24.99 - 56 PCS

29764 UNSC Active Camo Spartan - $14.99 - 26 PCS (Target Exclusive)

29765 Red Team Spartan - $9.99 - 26 PCS

29766 EVA Spartan (blue) - $9.99 - 27 PCS

Edited by johnsocal

:sceptic: With the way they do the sets it seems they are trying to compete with PLAYMOBIL, not LEGO.

I agree the the Covie turret is pretty simple, but the UNSC Elephant seems to be made with a lot of traditional bricks.

Studs are now little more than connection points between flat stuff and figures in Megablocks. No building possibility at all. Too many specialized parts. :sadnew:

Studs are now little more than connection points between flat stuff and figures in Megablocks. No building possibility at all. Too many specialized parts. :sadnew:

Agreed. And look at that plastic! Some of the studs are different shapes than the others on the same piece! :sick: Some of them are all squashed and some are tall and some are really rounded off and some have dips in the middle...

:sceptic: With the way they do the sets it seems they are trying to compete with PLAYMOBIL, not LEGO.

Um, no, not really. Most of the Megabloks Halo sets have at least as many parts as lego sets of the same price range. And while I admit there's generally more large specialized pieces than in lego, there's plenty of small pieces that would be useful in Fusion MOCS.

But hey, who am I kidding - few, if any AFOLS would touch these kits with a ten foot pole, for the sole reason that they don't have the lego logo on their boxes. :tongue:

Edited by Zarkan

I think they are cool looking sets if you like HALO, but they have no value for MOCS or anything outside of the UNSC or Covenant alien forces.

Here's a good video of all the sets @

Edited by johnsocal

uh. It seems that the designs underwent a seasonal rot from the 2010 waves. These ones are really more playmobil-like and less impressive. Too bad the 2010 ones really did not arrive to this town (that I know of) was planning to try getting some of them because they were interesting. These ones really are not.

uh. It seems that the designs underwent a seasonal rot from the 2010 waves. These ones are really more playmobil-like and less impressive. Too bad the 2010 ones really did not arrive to this town (that I know of) was planning to try getting some of them because they were interesting. These ones really are not.

The Covenant Phantom set has over 800 pcs and the UNSC Elephant has over 1000 pcs, which isn't too bad.

I don't no............

If these were made of lego Id by dem but Mb sucks alot :thumbdown:

This is an Adult Lego Fan site. People in this forum are from all around the world, and many of them have English as a second language. Please use proper English in this forum. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

The terrain baseplates really don't offer much beyond a place to display stuff. There aren't enough studs to build anything on them. The studs that are available are spaced apart in really strange configurations.

But hey, who am I kidding - few, if any AFOLS would touch these kits with a ten foot pole, for the sole reason that they don't have the lego logo on their boxes. :tongue:

I've bought the "UNSC Green Combat Unit"... and the pieces that came with them reminded me why I don't buy the sets. (The figures were well painted considering the price.)

Um, no, not really. Most of the Megabloks Halo sets have at least as many parts as lego sets of the same price range. And while I admit there's generally more large specialized pieces than in lego, there's plenty of small pieces that would be useful in Fusion MOCS.

That is true, but the quality is inferior so they should be of at least comparable value. Even so, my complaint with most MB sets is not the the value, but the way they shape the sets; chunky and cheap pieces in the middle, smooth slabs on the outside. This leaves you with nice looking pieces with little use and a vast amount of standard pieces that are only good for building walls. Most of the Halo sets are a great example of this (the Pelican was OK though), so are...

post-1554-129776990358.jpg MB03707_Warthog_2.jpg

...the Probuilder line. On a more positive note, I didn't mind the designs their Gundam line...

TUmO.jpg

.. but it's a shame they weren't available for much of the world.

The one thing I would like MEGA to make under the HALO brand is a bucket of misc purple bricks, so people can build their own covenant bases and etc. If there is one color where LEGO really lacks is the color purple and buckets of Covenant-purple and UNSC-camo-green would sell well.

Hmm, I feel like I should lock this seeing as half the comments I'm reading are just pointing out Megabloks' quality differences. This is a LEGO website after all, so that's what we should be focusing on here. If you desperately want to discuss this, I'm sure there's a Halo thread or Megabloks thread where you could do so, but a topic specifically for a particular series of Megabloks sets doesn't really belong on Eurobricks. :sweet:

Hmm, I feel like I should lock this seeing as half the comments I'm reading are just pointing out Megabloks' quality differences. This is a LEGO website after all, so that's what we should be focusing on here. If you desperately want to discuss this, I'm sure there's a Halo thread or Megabloks thread where you could do so, but a topic specifically for a particular series of Megabloks sets doesn't really belong on Eurobricks. :sweet:

But Captain Flowers, I was waiting for a rebuttal! :cry_sad:

(It's OK. :grin: )