Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

MINI Marauder Corvette

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everybody!

You might have noticed that I haven't posted many new mini models for several weeks. Let me quickly explain why. I am bothered by the many people over on youtube who take my models for their (mostly of only moderate quality) movies and don't give credit. It drives me mad. These people don't understand the hard work that it takes to make such models. I always thought providing free instructions was a great feature for the community. Obviously some people abuse this for their own purposes. So I am not sure if/how to continue. I am quite frustrated. :sad:

--------------------

By ending my sorrows paragraph, I'd like to present a new starship mini model to you: The Sienar Systems Marauder Corvette (reference link). Most people won't know this starship, as it's from the Expanded Universe and never got all that popular. Neither among the fans, nor in the Star Wars Galaxy. Let me quickly outline the starship's history. :classic:

The Marauder Corvette was produced by Sienar Systems, a predecessor of the Later Sienar Fleet Systems who manufactured the TIE Fighters, prior to the Clone Wars for the Old Republic. The way too complicated bureaucracy of the Old Republic did not only catalyse its own fall, but also prevented the Marauder Corvette to be incorporated into the Old Republic's navy. The design was finally sold to the Corporate Sector Authority who uses it in their patrol fleet.

The Marauder Corvette is slightly larger (195m) than a Corellian Corvette (150m). But while the Corellian Corvettes (like the Tantive IV) were quite modular designs for numerous mission profiles, the Marauder Corvette was designed with combat in mind, and thus more heavily armed.

Okay, enough history lessons for now, let's look at the model. It is very rich in jumper plates to realize all the corners edges and wings. :classic:

marauder-1.jpg

marauder-2.jpg

marauder-3.jpg

marauder-4.jpg

marauder-5.jpg

With that I am done for now. Thanks for reading and listening to my sorrows.

See you soon,

~ Christopher

:classic:

I remember this one! They act as the long-range concussion missile platforms for the Rebels in Empire at War. Lots of fun. Build 5-6 of them, spread them out, protect them with a frigate or two, and they'll bombard the enemy space station from all the way across the map.

I see you found another use for those chainsaws. :thumbup:

Another AWESOME mini from you 'Legostein' :grin: , but remember once on the net anyone could take your ideas.....even Lego themselves if they wish.....no copy right so it's a little like public domain now.

Anyway, don't stop and keep on Mini-MOCing ! :sweet:

Edited by lightningtiger

Actually, the version shown in Empire at War is a variant of the original. I would agree, though, that they're great when you're rushing the enemy space station (in Skirmish mode - the only mode that actually feels like real RTS).

Man, Han Solo at Stars' End... that's some classic Expanded Universe.

A fantastic model, Legostein, and a shame about the incidents on YouTube.

Another wonderful mini-model Legostein, as usual the overall shape and design is accurate to the real ship. :thumbup: Sorry to hear about the unfortunate incidents with regards to your MOCs, it's just so sad that you provide the instructions for free and those who copy don't even bother to give credit to you. :hmpf_bad:

Hello!

Thank you for your comments everyone! :classic:

Of course I will continue with providing free instructions. Everything else would be unfair for the community. And you're a great community here! :classic:

See you around,

~ Christopher

Very nice Legostein, as usual of course :thumbup:

Regarding your plagiarism issue, include a short note at the end of each instruction to give credit, and for those using them in Youtube videos, just simply ask for credit :classic: