Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Lego Adventurers Web Site

I wanted to share the following link for a great Adventurers web site:

Adventurers

This web site provides a great reference for the Adventurers theme/sub-themes, postings of MOCs, and a variety of very useful information.

Both are great sites, I vist frequently. All Adventurer fans should register and post on adventurers.dk. We need to give Kecia some more traffic.

Steve

What about the official Orient Expedition website on LEGO.com? Does anyone think that's any good? I remember when the comics were first put online I used to read them instead of doing work. And I also played the Flash games...

It was OK. The graphics were nicely done. It did give me the idea to create an Orient Expedition Journal that I used to compile pictures and stories of the various sets. I liked the OE stories. But as far as the card game, I never opened any of the cards.

is the OE game still up at lego.com ??? i've not seen it.

also, brickster, i see you've brought back your "adventurers" themed signature. any reason ??? i thought i might see a massive city or batman sig from you next ;-)

No reason, just thought I'd rotate some old pictures. Haven't done any new Batman MOCs lately. I only have two sets at the moment (Batcave and the New Bridge/Truck set).

The Orient Adventure games and cmics are still available. They are among the best that TLC has ever done.

http://www.lego.com/eng/orient/story.asp

THESE are what hooked my kids on Lego, and on Adventurers in particular. So sad to think that we might not have any more of these.

I agree with you Glyman. OE had a great story and I loved how all the sets tied in. I was not as impressed with KK but Lego at least did a story once again. I still would love to see Lego do some more Adventure. I was really hoping for a KingKong theme and even Pirates of the Caribbean.

Avatar and SpongeBob were real "let-downs" for me with very limited story. I like BatMan but it needs more city sets and less vehicles.

I will quote a lego Rep :"Kids want vehicules". So I guess the only thing you can do is to hope that one day kids will like buildings...

I thought Adventurers was a great theme for interesting and unusual vehicles. A nice underwater adventure would be a great way to do a few submarines, a ship, a plane and maybe a beach jeep/truck.

Steve

I remeber that site from when it won Lugnet's cool lego site of the week... thanks for bringing it back to my attention!

God Bless,

Nathan