Sign in to follow this  
Jedd the Jedi

[MOC] Mustafar Duel vignette

gallery_101_23_281.gif

This is a vignette of Anakin and Obi Wan duelling on Mustafar. I really like building small, self-contained vignette scenes. They seem like achieveable goals, and can turn out really nice. I still have bad memories of that awful "Ultimate Lightsaber Battle" set from the 2005 Episode III LEGO Star Wars line. The one thing that set was good for were a wealth of trans-orange pieces, which I've tried to use for this vig. There are a lot of better vigs of this same scene around but I am quite proud of mine here. This is an updated version of the original model - the bridge on that one was too simple, the pylons too short and the lava too blocky.

mustafar_duel_vig_v.2_1.jpg

mustafar_duel_vig_v.2_2.jpg

mustafar_duel_vig_v.2_angle.jpg

Brickshelf folder

Another nice work Jedd, simple but very effective build. Pretty neat job on the bursting lava using those flame pieces, quite reminiscent of the Mustafar scenes in RoTS. It's also the first time I've seen those long technique-piece-with-gears-on-the-end thingy.

Very nice MOC. The poses are just right and the lava is well built. Where did that technique piece with the two gears come from?

It's a Technic piece. Mostly found in the Bohrok sets.

Hello!

An instantly recognisable scene. It's nciely built with all the transparent elements resmbling the lava. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Not bad my friend! Looks, for this particularly frequently done scene, very nice, and I must admit I like yours best out of all of them. :thumbup: