Sign in to follow this  
Captain Green Hair

My very first Pirates display

So I just awoke after a long weekend of Lego at the Brick Tricks show in Tielt Belgium.

It was a great show and I had the chance to meet some really great people.

The show had about 4.000 visitors (correct me if I'm wrong Patje)and was not too big or too small, just about right for me.

The great thing was that there were no fences in front of the displays, though there was a good social control.

I was mostly NOT at my display, and nothing went missing.

For me this was exactly how a Lego show should be, so thumbs up to the organization!

Now, with no further ado I give you my display, the only Pirates there this year.

First of all an overall shot:

brick_tricks_037.jpg

It was Captain Green Hair:

brick_tricks_040.jpg

Versus Captain Blue hair:

brick_tricks_042.jpg

Patrick was trying to figure out how a cannon works, he decided to just whack Spongebob with it:

brick_tricks_043.jpg

Some unlucky sailor fell in the water and had to swim for his life:

brick_tricks_038.jpg

More can be seen in my Brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=461141

So there you have it, I hope you like it.

Thanks!

Good to see your frigate finished. She looks awesome with those sails :thumbup:

Also good to see the Yellow Thief back. I just noticed it's a Dutch ship...shouldn't it be "Gele Dief" then? (doesn't sound very cool though).

The SNOT water is great as well, and the Patrick vs Spongebob thing is quite funny. Children love those funny details as I've learned from Legoworld last year :pir-classic:

The cannon shooting effect is nice, but I like Perfectionist's technique more:

p1020343.jpg

Nice MOC anyway. [bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I think both cannonball effects are very well done.

Overall a great battle scene. I especially like the small details like spongebob and patrick dueling off and the pirate trying to get away from the shark. These sort of things always add to the fun, for sure. Cool!

That looks great, I love the small details that make it your own. I see it got a well deserved spot on the blog, great work, it looks like this probably took a lot of time.

Both cannon effects are good I think.

The snot water looks good and the frigate with sails is just perfection. :thumbup:

(I was wondering about the name and what it would be called???)

Edited by lt.Gonville brickhead

Nice job, Captain! Your ships are, as always, true works of art. I love your snot water and all the little details included in it! Looks like you had a good time, and that's what this hobby is all about. It's also nice to know there are still honest people out there, and that you can trust your creation won't be messed with when not around. Keep up the good work!!!

Capt. Stabbin

:jollyroger:

Your setup is superb :thumbup: The floating wreckage is gives it a nice touch.

I always love to read about shows, thanks for sharing CGH :pir-classic:

Good to see at the yellow Thief is still on one piece :pir-classic: The SNOT water looks excellent and the Spongebob VS patric is always a nice addintion for yonger kids. Nice to see your newest ship under the full sails CBH/CGH :pir-cry_happy: One thing wich i dont like that much (But also not hate) is the cannon effect. I think something more like this could be better. Great Display over all.

Captain Becker

Fantastic display Captain!

I love to see some of your ships in action. The SNOT water looks great and so it all the action, both on the ships and in the water.

And your new frigate is just :pir-wub:, but she really needs a sister ship to help her fight those big English ships-of-the-line :pir-wink:

Love it! Glad to see you set down the guitar and picked up the bricks. The ships look amazing and the scene is very nicely done. Captain Green Hair vs. Captain Blue Hair was an inspired touch! I would like to see more of their epic battles.

Rick! Great work man, this looks absolutely tops. The ships look so good on their own, but as soon as they're put into a nice LEGO-ey battle field environment, they look even better.

Clever touches with the Spongebob and Patrick. You're right, kids do love quirky details like that - my layout is pretty much built around them.

You did really well, water colours are great too. I hope you enjoyed the weekend, LEGO shows are always heaps of fun.

On a side note, get on MSN mate!

Cheers,

Connor. :pir-classic:

Thank you for all the nice comments guys!

Good to see your frigate finished. She looks awesome with those sails :thumbup:

Also good to see the Yellow Thief back. I just noticed it's a Dutch ship...shouldn't it be "Gele Dief" then? (doesn't sound very cool though).

The SNOT water is great as well, and the Patrick vs Spongebob thing is quite funny. Children love those funny details as I've learned from Legoworld last year :pir-classic:

The cannon shooting effect is nice, but I like Perfectionist's technique more:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MoritzK/AgeofSail/Achillefinished/p1020343.jpg

Nice MOC anyway. [bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Since we are an international forum, I decided to keep the name in English. :pir-wink:

I wanted my cannon effect to be Lego, so this is the best ay to do it, without making it look bulky.

Good to see at the yellow Thief is still on one piece :pir-classic: The SNOT water looks excellent and the Spongebob VS patric is always a nice addintion for yonger kids. Nice to see your newest ship under the full sails CBH/CGH :pir-cry_happy: One thing wich i dont like that much (But also not hate) is the cannon effect. I think something more like this could be better. Great Display over all.

Captain Becker

I've tried several ways to make the cannon effect, the one in the picture is also a good one, I might give it a try next time. I wonder if it doesn't look bulky IRL though.

Fantastic display Captain!

I love to see some of your ships in action. The SNOT water looks great and so it all the action, both on the ships and in the water.

And your new frigate is just :pir-wub:, but she really needs a sister ship to help her fight those big English ships-of-the-line :pir-wink:

SNOT water rules buddy, and it is cheaper then baseplates. :pir-wink:

You are right, down with the British, we shall have our (HMS) victory! :pir-grin:

Rick! Great work man, this looks absolutely tops. The ships look so good on their own, but as soon as they're put into a nice LEGO-ey battle field environment, they look even better.

Clever touches with the Spongebob and Patrick. You're right, kids do love quirky details like that - my layout is pretty much built around them.

You did really well, water colours are great too. I hope you enjoyed the weekend, LEGO shows are always heaps of fun.

On a side note, get on MSN mate!

Cheers,

Connor. :pir-classic:

Every time I'm on MSN, you are not there. You need to stay up late or get up really early buddy! :pir-grin:

man, I really love that brig best small hull ship I've seen so far!! Do you, by any chance, have pictures of it alone?

BTW, whatever happenened to the idea of a small hull ship contest, does anyone know?

Love the display! The water is done really nicely and the little touches like the sailor being chased by the shark are superb!

Wish i could have seen it in the flesh, so to speak!

This is a very nice display Captain.

I really like the debris in the water and that the ships aren't perfectly parallel.

And of course, your vessels still look fantastic. :thumbup: