Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Nine

redscaremysterybanner.png

The townspeople reassembled in the town center, after breakfast. They stood around conversing among each other, preparing to decide where to go. They were in high spirits. If the communist police chief was gone, then there were only a few remaining.

"So, where would you like to go?" Congressman Bob asked.

"Congressman Bob!" a voice called.

img_0483.jpg

"Ah, General Stanley. What do you want now?"

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to place you under arrest, Congressman."

"What? Is this a joke?"

"This is no joke, Congressman."

"Under whose authority?"

"Mine." Stanley said sternly.

The two soldiers with him placed handcuffs on the Congressman, and moved behind him, grabbing him.

img_0484.jpg

"Congressman Bob, you are under arrest for treason." General Stanley said.

"This is preposterous! I won't let you do this! When Nixon or Truman hears of this, you're finished Stanley!"

"Such a shame you won't be able to call them. It's an equal shame that they don't know of the good I'm doing here. I'd get a medal."

"General, don't do this..." Captain Garrison said meekly.

"Be quiet, Captain!"

The captain respectfully got back with the other townspeople. Stanley turned to the townspeople.

img_0485.jpg

"Now then, there's going to be a few changes here, starting now. I've had it with your apparent inability to capture communists. Chief Phelps was a lucky pick, he wasn't even on our radar as a commie. At the end of each chapter, you will each be able to use your night action. Additionally, I will be assigning more night actions to those who did not previously have one. Finally, nowhere is off limits, I'll have an additional search list created for you within the hour." Stanley said.

He turned on his heel, and walked off.

--------------------------------------------------------

Characters:

Government Workers

mayorian.jpg

Ian Bradford (Mayor) played by Walter Kovacs

tcm.jpg

Will Ackerson (Town Councilman) played by iamded

judge.jpg

Alan Cain (Judge) played by JCC1004

cop1.jpg

Tim Fields (Police Officer) played by CallMePie

cop2.jpg

Louis Harrison (Police Officer) played by Brickme

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working Class

chefdieter.jpg

Dieter Schneider (Chef) played by Shadows

lawyer.jpg

Patrick Jefferson (Lawyer) Played by Professor Flitwick

dockworker.jpg

James Falzone (Dock Worker) played by CorneliusMurdock

nurse.jpg

Julie “Princess” Parker (Nurse) played by The Crazy One

farmer.jpg

Alan Simmons (Farmer) played by Fugazi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other

dolores.jpg

Dolores Jefferson (Housewife) played by Def

gloria.jpg

Gloria Jefferson (Student) played by Admiral Ron

stevie.jpg

Stevie Jefferson (Student) played by Legonater

retiredsalesman.jpg

Ralph Jenkins (Retired Salesman) played by Cralegoboy

huac_man.jpg

Matt Liebenston (HUAC Investigator) Played by Dragonator

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Arrivals

captted.jpg

Ted Harding (Captain of the Lakota) Played by Capt.JohnPaul

shiphand.jpg

Frankie Daly (Deckhand) Played by Captain Genero

img_0455.jpg

Maxwell Touns (Congressional Aide) Played by Mrlegoninja

img_0456.jpg

Captain Pete Garrison (National Guard Captain) Played by Lord Arjay

img_0457.jpg

Krista Halle (Farmer) Played by Peanuts

Deceased

retiredwife.jpg

Valerie Jenkins (Housewife) played by Sok117

captwife.jpg

Jackie Harding (Ted's Wife) Played by Captain Becker

doctor.jpg

Simon Lloyd (Doctor) played by Burman

Voted Out

chief.jpg

Ryan Phelps (Police Chief) played by JimButcher

(Borrowed partly from Dragonator’s Mystery Manor)

1. There are 18 participants. If you commit to the game you are committing to contributing to the story and sticking with it to the end. I am trusting you all not to drop out halfway through, as that is never any fun.

2. You must search for clues. This means that an action must be specified. For example, you wish to search a room for hidden objects. The following is an example of how not to go about this:

"I wish to look for suspicious or hidden objects in this room".

Instead, you must be able to specify what you want to do. For example:

"I would like to open the drawers of the cabinet."

It is not required for you to specify exactly what you are doing and what you are looking for, but a generalized statement will not find you anything. Act like a detective and you will be fine.

3. This game is meant to be fun, so enjoy yourselves!

4. Please be patient with me between chapters, I will try to put up the chapter topics as quickly as possible, but, this might not be so all the time.

5. Please try to avoid editing your posts, as it can lead to suspicion against you. Just consider what you want to say before you say it, and you'll be fine.

6. Please remember that this is the early 1950’s. No iPods, digital cameras, cell phones, printers, computers, fax machines, or otherwise. No events past the current date either, or else people will view you as insane.

7. I won’t keep you in a certain room if you don’t want me too. You’ll always have the option of backtracking or researching the same place.

8. The host is usually always right. If you think I’ve made an error, then please discuss this in the discussion thread or feel free to PM me.

9. Failure to follow these rules will result in a warning. A second failure will result in the death of your character.

10. Remember that although a chapter has ended, that doesn’t mean that the day has concluded, and night actions can be used.

10b. There are also chapter actions. Those of you with chapter actions have the ability to use them at the end of each chapter.

11. No Metagaming please. Also, don’t base suspicions on how the person looks.

Rules may be added or deleted as the game goes on based on game play.

12. This is the 1950’s, the middle of the Cold War. You’re under constant worry of potential nuclear Armageddon, so act like it. The Communists are your enemies in this game, don’t forget that. Also, anytime historical facts from the 1950’s are brought in is a big plus.

Good luck!

Hmm, the breakfast was very delicious. I haven't been at Dieter's for a long time. Nice to see the jis cooking abilities haven't decreased.

I'm excited what that "additional search list" will be about. What do you think?

Congressman Bob only tried to help us, it's unfair that he should be punished for it. Let's find the remaining commies before the same happens to us.

I don't know if we should wait for the new list or pick a new place to investigate right away. There are still a few residences that we should visit:

-Alan Simmons’ Farm/Residence

-Jenkins’ Residence

-Schneider Residence

-Bradford Residence

-Seaport

[/size][/font] -Alan Simmons’ Farm/Residence

-Jenkins’ Residence

-Schneider Residence

-Bradford Residence

-Seaport

Host Error, this should be the Ackerson Residence. Mayor Bradford lives in Bradford Manor at the edge of town. Due to the blockade, his home is inaccessible.

While I know it's a waste of time, I am more than willing to invite all of you to my home. Please feel free to look around, but under no circumstances may you enter the basement! Absolutely none! That's where I keep... my secrets! :devil:

I'm kidding, you know, come on over and look around, it'll be fun and I'll make cookies. :sweet:

I really don't like this new general! He has too much power over the whole town.

I'm kidding, you know, come on over and look around, it'll be fun and I'll make cookies. default_satisfied.gif

Cookies! I know where we need to search!

Phew, it's good to see no one died during the night. Was there even any attempted murders at all, such as the attack against me and my wife, in the wee hours of yesterday morning? And the Chief was a Communist! Hooray! Although this is quite worrying:

"Now then, there's going to be a few changes here, starting now. I've had it with your apparent inability to capture communists. Chief Phelps was a lucky pick, he wasn't even on our radar as a commie.

So, I don't suppose you tell us who IS on your radar?

I'm kidding, you know, come on over and look around, it'll be fun and I'll make cookies. :sweet:

Sounds like a plan! :thumbup:

General, I really have trouble believing the Congressman is committing high treason, what will Congress think when he isnt in Session?

Oh well, at least we get to search everywhere now, where shall we head first everyone?

I can't believe the cheif...it seemed like I knew him so well. I guess...I guess it really could be absolutely anyone. As your new cheif, I promise, this communism will end! :angry:

General, I hope you know what you're doing, arresting the Congressman... :look:

What is this blasted nonsence? Accuse the Congressman of treason and arrest him? You can't arrest someone without any evidence or even a blasted reason! If anyone's commited treason it's this General person!

At least we know we targeted the right person. It's almost certain that Phelps and the other Mayor were working together to cover up Mom's murder. It's hard to say if there's anyone else high up with them though.

I'm kidding, you know, come on over and look around, it'll be fun and I'll make cookies. default_satisfied.gif

Why not- we've got little else to go.

"Be quiet, Captain!"

I apologize sir, I should know better than to question your decisions.

At the end of each chapter, you will each be able to use your night action.

Uh oh.

General, I hope you know what you're doing, arresting the Congressman... :look:

The Congressman should not have blabbed about goverment secrets. While I think his intentions were pure, it was irresponsible. That was treason, no matter which way you slice it. He didn't do anything else to my knowledge.

I really don't like this new general! He has too much power over the whole town.

He is only doing his job. It is his duty to eliminate the communist threat here by whatever means possible. You should be grateful that X-K2P was not enacted upon immediatly.

Did we leave that knife on the roof when we found the lifeguard? :look:

I'd like to ask a soldier about what happened to the knife that was found on the roof of the Firestation.

I am pleased that Chief Phelps was, indeed, a communist. I was having serious doubts, especially with the way I ambushed him. I'm glad our instincts were correct.

Given this new information, it is pretty apparent to me that Delores Jefferson is an upstanding American citizen (if you don't believe me, look back over your notes from yesterday's voting. Ryan Phelps and Delores were vehement against one another. I doubt they were acting, but it is possible). Unfortunately, I don't have much to go on anymore. I've pretty much laid all my cards on the table at this point.

"Now then, there's going to be a few changes here, starting now. I've had it with your apparent inability to capture communists. Chief Phelps was a lucky pick, he wasn't even on our radar as a commie.

I wonder what reports the general has been reading? :wacko: We've been given one chance to vote, we made a good choice. And Chief Phelps was on MY radar since Chapter 4 the beginning of the second day of this ordeal. I even mentioned it to several people while in the tunnel.

Which leads me to something else I feel I should mention. It may be coincidence, but it could also be significant. Keep it in the back of your minds.

That day in the tunnels, I talked to James Falzone, Will Ackerson and Patrick Jefferson in private. Alan Simmons also wandered into our conversation by accident. At that time, I told them all of the evidence I had noticed against Chief Phelps, the same evidence I laid out during the voting yesterday.

After we emerged from the tunnel, someone threw a knife that barely missed me, and killed Valerie Jenkins. Also after this conversation, Chief Phelps started taking a much more active role in gathering evidence. If you don't believe me, look back over your notes for the past three days.

Is it possible that one of the people that I talked with in the tunnels is a communist? It most certainly is. But it also could be a coincidence, too. So please do not use this information for a baseless accusation. Like I said, it could be significant, but it also could very well be a coincidence.

It also could be that those that haven't been contributing are the commies. Perhaps the all but useless Matt Liebenston. :hmpf_bad:

As to where to go next, I don't see any clear direction. Dieter's home is as good as any at this point.

Which leads me to something else I feel I should mention. It may be coincidence, but it could also be significant. Keep it in the back of your minds.

That day in the tunnels, I talked to James Falzone, Will Ackerson and Patrick Jefferson in private. Alan Simmons also wandered into our conversation by accident. At that time, I told them all of the evidence I had noticed against Chief Phelps, the same evidence I laid out during the voting yesterday.

After we emerged from the tunnel, someone threw a knife that barely missed me, and killed Valerie Jenkins. Also after this conversation, Chief Phelps started taking a much more active role in gathering evidence. If you don't believe me, look back over your notes for the past three days.

Is it possible that one of the people that I talked with in the tunnels is a communist? It most certainly is. But it also could be a coincidence, too. So please do not use this information for a baseless accusation. Like I said, it could be significant, but it also could very well be a coincidence.

I think you're hypothesizing into a very interesting direction. Maybe we should investigate the houses of the people you talked to. Or Dieter's house, but I just ate, and I'll wait before eating some cookies. Maybe we should first head to the Ackerson residence or the seaport, and then go to Dieter?

I wonder why you are so upset about what happened to the congressman. I didn't vote him, I didn't even see him until now, and I don't know if he was such a big help to us, when he didn't reveal his information until we found out ourselves or the mayor told us.

And I don't think it's bad we may use our actions more often, it might bring us forward against those left communists.

I don't think this situation is very bad at all, I'm optimistic we you did a big step to extirpate those commies. :classic:

Wha....?

What has the General been reading? I agree with our mayor, he's selling us quite short.

I agree, let's go to Dieter's residence first.

I would like to point out that Ackerson, Schneider, and I all live in the same building. That might be the most effecient way to go. I'd like t wait for the updated list from the General before we decide, though. He'd better not be long, we're burnin' daylight here.

My residence isn't currently listed as searchable. Is there a reason for that?

This could be a lead, although you may also have been chosen as a target simply because of your active public role in this investigation. But if your instincts are correct, I must point out that councilman Ackerson was cleared of suspicion early on, so that leaves 3 of us. Two if you are to believe me, I'm not a commie.

I need to go back in my memory and try to recall if anyone tried to protect the Chief while we were voting. The commies probably work as a team, so his accomplices must have tried to shift the vote to someone else?

I think Chef Dieter's residence would be a good place to visit now.

You make some excellant points, Mayor. Judging by the 'time' he's had with Delores, I'm leaning toward Will.

No! My dear Congressman! I will know have no one to aide.

I suggest we go to Ackerson's house, as he spent a night with Delores and he may have answers.

This could be a lead, although you may also have been chosen as a target simply because of your active public role in this investigation. But if your instincts are correct, I must point out that councilman Ackerson was cleared of suspicion early on, so that leaves 3 of us. Two if you are to believe me, I'm not a commie.

I need to go back in my memory and try to recall if anyone tried to protect the Chief while we were voting. The commies probably work as a team, so his accomplices must have tried to shift the vote to someone else?

I am quite aware that I've been anything but quiet in my zeal to find clues, so the conversations may have absolutely nothing to do with it. Like I said, it could easily be just coincidence, but the timing just seems a little bit fishy. And Chief Phelps' increased helpfulness doesn't do anything to to stop my speculations.

Out of that list, I trust James Falzone the most, and Will Ackerson was cleared. But that only leaves two on the list, and there is no other evidence against either of them. But I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of everything, in case it IS significant.

Looking back through the voting isn't a bad idea, though I don't remember anyone trying to defend the Chief except himself. It can't hurt, however.

I'm happy to go wherever. I can assure you I've nothing to hide at my place, but feel free to come over and look around if you so wish. I just ask you keep the children under control, I don't need them running around knocking things over and causing havoc. :hmpf: I like things kept tidy. :sadnew:

I'd like to ask a soldier about what happened to the knife that was found on the roof of the Firestation.

It was taken as evidence by the soldiers.

I would like to point out that Ackerson, Schneider, and I all live in the same building. That might be the most effecient way to go. I'd like t wait for the updated list from the General before we decide, though. He'd better not be long, we're burnin' daylight here.

My residence isn't currently listed as searchable. Is there a reason for that?

Wait for it.

General Stanley returns to the group.

"I've prepared a list for you, of all the search-able places in the town."

-Dieter’s Grocery and Deli

-Alan Simmons’ Farm/Residence

-Jenkins’ Residence

-Schneider Residence

-Ackerson Residence

-Falzone Residence

-Seaport

-Hospital

-Harding Cargo Ship

"I'm certain I haven't missed anything." Stanley says.

I think we should stay with our plans. Ackerson's flat, than Schneider's flat, than maybe the seaport or something else.

We shouldn't forget what the mayor has told us, just because we got another possibility where we can go.