Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Creator Set 4939 Alternative: Aircraft Carrier

gallery_6705_156_158.png

Hello everybody!

While waiting for the new 2011 creator sets to come into the stores, I took an older creator set called "Cool Cars" (4939) from the year 2007. It has 206 pieces and cost 9.99 EUR four years ago. When I do alternatives of creator sets I usually try to make something completely different from the main models. Set 4939 is a typical car building set, and there are many possibilities of doing alternate cars with these pieces. Here, I'd like to present a microscale aircraft carrier from this limited parts variety. It comes complete with a complement of 2 planes and 1 helicopter. :classic:

4939-aircraft-carrier-0.jpg

4939-aircraft-carrier-1.jpg

4939-aircraft-carrier-2.jpg

4939-aircraft-carrier-3.jpg

4939-aircraft-carrier-8.jpg

That's it for the moment. Thank you for your time and interest. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

--------------------

Alternate Building Series Quick Links:

6743-green-plane-1.jpg_thumb.jpg 6745-naboo-n1-starfighter-1.jpg_thumb.jpg 5866-yellow-cog-1.jpg_thumb.jpg 5867-big-red-plane-1.jpg_thumb.jpg 6747-bongo-sub-1.jpg_thumb.jpg 4939-aircraft-carrier-0.jpg_thumb.jpg

--------------------

Edited by Rufus

Great job! I have this set, but I took it apart, as it wasn't all too exciting. Kudos on making the planes to go with this. I might try making something similar to this :thumbup:

Cool. Nice work on the aircraft carrier. The planes and helicopter really adds to it.

Great job! The chopper rotors are genius. The island looks a bit largeish, but I suppose that can't be helped.

This is incrediblely lovely. Can't believe you used only parts from this to build into this cool aircraft carrier. In fact, it is so much better than the official ones. :wub:

Hello!

Thank you for all your motivating comments! We'll have much fun with the new creator sets hitting the stores this year I hope. :classic:

See you around,

~ Christopher

Beautiful work Chris. You've really managed to use the pieces in a most successful way and the result looks very detailed for a microscale model.

That's creativity. :thumbup:

Hello,

and thank your for the comment Mario. :classic:

When creativity comes to mind, use it. That's exactly what I do. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Hello,

and thank you once again. :classic:

I'm buying the set just to build the aircraft carrier. Nice job!

I hope you'll be able to locate one of these. As I said, it's one of the earlier Creator sets. I bought mine on a common auction platform. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I hope you'll be able to locate one of these. As I said, it's one of the earlier Creator sets. I bought mine on a common auction platform. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I've found plenty of them on bricklink. :wink:

I've found plenty of them on bricklink. :wink:

Excellent! Happy building then! :classic:

Very creative and amazing! :thumbup: I might try building that sometime using your instructions.

Thank you. I see you also got active in alternate creator building. Isn't it fun? :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Wow, what a cracker of an alternate model! The stripes look great, the shaping is perfect and i love yr tiny aircraft. :sweet:

Thanks gabe for digging up this topic again!

I haven't seen any of your microscale models yet - well, besides those from the event.

Absolute fantastic!

I once tried something similar with 4954 (built a train station) and I love building something different from a set, but your creations are, like you pointed out, completey different from the original. Very well done, Chris!

Now I've got to check out your other alternatives.