The Undo

In My Kingdom Cold...

indexed.gif

castle_cold_000.jpg

Hi, I'm new here. This is the place where I found out how to open LDD universe mod, so after few months of just browsing this pages, I decided to join and share my first big lego creation with everybody here on eurobricks.

castle_cold_001.jpg

Some pics of the castle:

castle_cold_04.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_05.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_30.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_09.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_08.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_11.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_12.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_13.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_14.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_15.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_17.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_18.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_19.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_20.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_21.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_22.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_23.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_24.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_25.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_26.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_27.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_28.jpg_thumb.jpg

castle_cold_29.jpg_thumb.jpg

...And the lxf itself:

Castle Cold lxf

*Notes:

- this LDD castle contains 12000 bricks, so some people might have trouble opening it

- upon opening LDD will inform you that two bricks have been taken out (those are the bricks from the main gate, and their removal is somekind of bug due to flexing chains or something)

- the roof of the palace is a stand-alone part, so by choosing "select everything connected" and selecting a brick on the roof, the whole roof (and nothing else) will be selected and can be removed/deleted to see the interior (which is not that much :classic: )

- same thing goes for the rear wall of the palace and the 2/3s of the rear castle wall (from the left - looking towards the wall)

Another creation of this kingdom is a tower which also serves as a lighthouse:

lighthouse_tower_001.jpg

The lxf:

Lighthouse Tower

*As can be noticed, this rendered pictures are missing some parts that are in the LDD files

That's it ... for now. I hope you like it. :sweet:

UPDATED:

My Medieval Village

medieval_village_1.jpg

LXF

Edited by omerai
Indexed

Wow. This is probably the best LDD castle I've ever seen! It puts my castle to shame. I love the sheer size of this monster, let alone the awesome details! Great job :thumbup:

*oh2* Absolutely, jaw-droppingly amazing! Definitely the best LDD castle I've seen. I agree with prateek, the sheer size of it is a story for itself!

Keep up this great work! :thumbup:

*oh2* This is, without a doubt, the biggest, baddest LDD castle I have ever seen.

I commend you, you must have incredible patience to work with shapes other than quadrilaterals in LDD. :tongue:

Welcome to EB omerai, and thank you for sharing your wonderful LDD Castle MOC. I would have to agree with the others, this has got to be one of the best LDD castle MOCs I've seen so far, which is truly worthy to be included in our LDD MOC Index. Excellent work! :thumbup:

Wow!! That is amazing, I don't think I would have the patience to construct something of that scale in digital, but then again maybe the sheer quantitiy of bricks available with LDD makes up for it. Again just jaw dropping, an inspiration for me to give LDD another go.

Welcome omerai. Your LDD models look terrific. You have put so much effort and detail into them. Alas, building them will cost you a fortune.

A lovely LDD rendition of a castle, looking at the first two pictures I thought it was made with real bricks for a moment. Great stuff loaded with patience. :thumbup:

What a fantastic build you've got here! It's giant! It would be quite the sight to behold in the brick. But yes, an outstanding build! :thumbup:

Welcome to Eurobricks!

That's an awesome castle! With LDD MOC's I usually ask if it's going to be built in real as well.

But just like ISC I first thought it was a real MOC, so I won't even bother asking that question (though it would be nice in real of course).

Although I personally prefer less symmetric castles, this is just an awesome MOC.

The bridge and all the stairs and hiding places are great. The catapult things on the towers are also nice.

Good job :thumbup:

That's a great castle indeed and full of interesting details (e.g. the ghost or the cart near the paddocks).

I'm trying to build a castle in LDD as well (and started from scratch after finding the universe mode), but I doubt it will come close to your excellent work.

Thanks everybody for your comments. I didn't expect this much. :sweet:

It did take a lot of patience, especially 'cuz my computer can't take much more than the amount of bricks that are used in this castle.

And one day, if I win a lottery :laugh: , I'll build this for real. Till then, one can imagine... :classic:

Edited by omerai

Wow, that is beautiful! I'd love to see an army try to lay siege to that monster. How many hours did it take to design and build that? And I hope you do win the lottery! I'd love to see that for real.

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!

That must have been a very tedious work to do in LDD. I just love all the little and subtle details, yet the entire construction works perfect as a whole. I'd love to see more such works from you in the future!

Be well all!

Cutty

Thanks again everybody! :grin:

Wow, that is beautiful! I'd love to see an army try to lay siege to that monster. How many hours did it take to design and build that? And I hope you do win the lottery! I'd love to see that for real.

It took me about month and a half to build this, but I wasn't building it every day. When I started to build I didn't have a clue of how it was going to look in the end, but as the building progressed ideas came. Some of them were scraped, and some of them were further developed. Eventually, the design of this castle ended up as a very familiar concept looking at the layout of the walls and the palace. :classic:

@ mvelic & kost u grlu -> hvala!

Wow!

Awesome!

Stunning!

Only thing that I don't like is too many studs on such a huge creation. Well, it still looks beautiful. :thumbup:

You are from Croatia? What's your nick on Kockice (if you are registered there?)?

Još MOC-eva? (More MOC-s?) :blush:

I could look at this for days and I can't wait another MOC from you.

I have to say that this MOC is amazing I was gobsmacked when I saw the pics. This has to be one of the best LDD mocs I've seen.

Proper job! :thumbup:

This is a marvelous build, you certainly haven't overlooked a single detail :laugh:.

Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

You are from Croatia? What's your nick on Kockice (if you are registered there?)?

Još MOC-eva? (More MOC-s?) :blush:

Hi, I'm not registered at kockice.

About more MOCs; I don't have anything worth of showing yet. However, inspired by Lego's Medieval market village set, Eurobricks' 2nd LDD RCB, and everyone's positive comments here, I'm working on my own medieval village in LDD. I already have most of the scene set up. It's in a style of official lego set (open back of the houses), and now comes the detailing. It should be finished within following week or two, and I'll post the lxf in this tread. :classic:

Edited by omerai

Here it is. My LDD Medieval Village, as I said in my previous post; inspired by official lego set and eurobricks 2nd RCB.

medieval_village_1.jpg

LFX is in the first post of this thread.

I didn't want to add any more detail as it would become a little to massive, and loose the feeling I wanted to achieve. Something that looks simple, lego-set like that anybody can build at home.

Edited by omerai