Sign in to follow this  
woody64

Prussians in the dawn

I really like the custom hats and torso prints.

Great work, are you planning them for a larger battle scene? Our just for fun?

Nice figs once again Woody :thumbup: Those molds look nice. I wonder how many custom minifigs you have in total, probably so many at you could easily make a very nice battle scene whit them. Nice work whit these minifigs.

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

Lovely decals, as always. I really like the Jäger on the far right, with the custom rifle. The shakos look great, too, but maybe, if you try to reshape them for the next batch, make them a little bit smaller in diameter! just a tinny bit, not much, they look great as they are in form, quite good but a tinny little bit to large in my opinion. Have you thought about creating the "Schirmmütze" from the Landwehr Units? I guess it would make a special item for your store.

Keep the fantasitc work up :)

I'm curious too about the total amount of your custom figs - they look all great in your mocs.

Edited by Aalak

Lovely decals, as always. I really like the Jäger on the far right, with the custom rifle. The shakos look great, too, but maybe, if you try to reshape them for the next batch, make them a little bit smaller in diameter! just a tinny bit, not much, they look great as they are in form, quite good but a tinny little bit to large in my opinion. Have you thought about creating the "Schirmmütze" from the Landwehr Units? I guess it would make a special item for your store.

Keep the fantasitc work up :)

I'm curious too about the total amount of your custom figs - they look all great in your mocs.

There are 2 versions of the shako in my shop. One is a little bit smaller. The size in diameter is strongly connected to the material used. Therefore I can't go beyond this margins since the 2 materials I use need 0.7mm and 1mm wall size which defines the diameter arround the hat.

I have only a number of 70-100 minifigs with custom designed decals which I use with various of my custom items.

Currently I have a showboard where 50 Minifigs all equipped with custom helmets or weapons are shown.

5117327655_9f291ff518.jpg

Here's an item which can be used for the prussian Landwehr. But in principle for this item also the Lego standard hat can be used. Or do you see a big difference between Schirmmütze and the Lego standard item (for officers, train personal)?

http://www.shapeways.com/modules/udesign/utils/openfile.php?id=194067&f=194067.v2.s13.blender.large.jpg

Woody64

Edited by woody64

It's just for fun. But it was inspired by some plates I got covering hole regiments. So I started to make some decals covering the main roles in a regiment.

Woody64

regiments.png

Looking really great so far, but I would try to make two adjustments, if possible. The Cross looks like the "red cross" - It's more like the Iron Cross...

I found a picture:

Landwehrkreuz.jpg

Maybe you could broaden the upper crest a bit and add a chin strap under the cross, if possible. I'm no 3d molding expert so that's your job so I just suggest these thinks - what is actually possible it's up to you. But great work in such a short time.

Edited by Aalak

Looking really great so far, but I would try to make two adjustments, if possible. The Cross looks like the "red cross" - It's more like the Iron Cross...

I found a picture:

Maybe you could broaden the upper crest a bit and add a chin strap under the cross, if possible. I'm no 3d molding expert so that's your job so I just suggest these thinks - what is actually possible it's up to you. But great work in such a short time.

207588.v1.s13.blender.large2.jpg

Edited by woody64

The bayonets look very interesting, still I would prefer those from brickarms since the scale seems much more appropriate. Fortunately I got a few thanks to a Classic-Pirates.com contest and our very much missed Zorro.

The decals look quite interesting for Napoleonic war MOCs though, maybe there will be a contest at some point. They would have been great for Bayonets at Dawn.

It's always good to see come nice customs! Expect them to be frontpaged on Classic-Pirates.com soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]