Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Droid Factory Conveyor Belt

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Despite being slow and antiquated by galactic standards,

each facility boasted hundreds of conveyor belts and robot assembly arms,

capable of creating thousands of droids per day from scratch.

5394782340_db5f10712a_z.jpg

5395782470_da1614c624_z.jpg

As usual, click the pic for more details...

AC

Another excellent creation AC! Very reminiscent of the AoTC movie scene. As always, the details are very accurate and it's nice to see you used the correct color for the BDs and you've found an effective use for those huge curved pieces. :thumbup:

Great job, ACPin. Love the use of the skate park curved pieces. And I envy your collection of Geonosis B1s.

All the hectic activity and machinery is captured very well here, and the colors also represent the mood nicely. It's also neat to see the different designs of each machine. Amazing detail here.

Wow, really impressive work! The colors mesh excellently and it looks like someone has some sand red battle droids...! :sweet:

Again 'ACPin' another AWESOME creation from you.....great scene from Episode 2 - poor C3-PO eh ? :grin:

Excellent work and may the brick be with you again 'ACPin' ! :yoda:

Great scene! :thumbup:

Lots of details again. I especially like the robotic arms (yellow), from which set are those?

Another excellent creation AC! Very reminiscent of the AoTC movie scene. As always, the details are very accurate and it's nice to see you used the correct color for the BDs and you've found an effective use for those huge curved pieces. :thumbup:

Wish I had more of those Geonosian BDs and would have made it to at least a 48x48 footprint. Those curved walls were meant to be on both sides but would have obscured the view for taking pics so the other wall was dropped.

Great job, ACPin. Love the use of the skate park curved pieces. And I envy your collection of Geonosis B1s.

^Ditto^

All the hectic activity and machinery is captured very well here, and the colors also represent the mood nicely. It's also neat to see the different designs of each machine. Amazing detail here.

Only color that should have been different were the yellow grabbers but didn't have those pieces in another color.

Wow, really impressive work! The colors mesh excellently and it looks like someone has some sand red battle droids...! :sweet:

See quotes above...

Again 'ACPin' another AWESOME creation from you.....great scene from Episode 2 - poor C3-PO eh ? :grin:

Excellent work and may the brick be with you again 'ACPin' ! :yoda:

Wouldn't be complete without him in the scene. :grin:

Lots of details again. I especially like the robotic arms (yellow), from which set are those?

Not sure which set I got them from but definitely not SW.

You've captured the movie scene very well! :thumbup: It's to bad that the droid head doesn't fit on a minifigure body. :hmpf_bad:

That's what I tried to figure out and settled for the grabber with the BD head.

AC

Great MOC ACPin! (yep, I think that KielDaMan's idea for bolding nicknames is good) :blush:

That scene with C-3PO always make me laugh.

Alpha Team Aquatic Mech :wub:

Nice MOC ACPin as usual. :thumbup:

Nice collection of those sand-red battle droids :wub:

WOW! A greate MOC!

Super details, super design and a super LEGO-technique. I see your pictures and feel really the atmosphere inside thismachines. :thumbup:

Same here- the 3P0 humour in Ep.2 was that punny, tounge in cheek sort that has yet to being close to mastered by TCW.

Incredible job yet again ACPin! Any chance we'll see a larger scale version?

Same here- the 3P0 humour in Ep.2 was that punny, tounge in cheek sort that has yet to being close to mastered by TCW.

"This is such a drag."

I agree, that was one of the better 3P0 scenes of the PT.

"This is such a drag."

All the scenes on Geonosis were better than most of the PT. And to add to it, it's a very disticnt location. Perhaps ACPin would be willing to do with Geonosis what he did with Naboo default_blink.gifdefault_tong.gif

Edited by The Legonater

That's awesome ACPin, I like how you did the robot arms, and without watching the movie to do an exact comparison, this indirectly immediately reminds me potc that scene.

Stupendous work!

Excellent MOC! I'm not sure about yellow, though. As far as I know, all the yellow parts can be replaced with dark gray or dark bluish gray.

Great MOC ACPin! (yep, I think that KielDaMan's idea for bolding nicknames is good) :blush:

The scene wouldn't be complete without him. :grin:

Alpha Team Aquatic Mech :wub:

Nice MOC ACPin as usual. :thumbup:

Nice collection of those sand-red battle droids :wub:

Yes, now I remember when I got those on clearance sales. This could have been done in a larger baseplate if I had more of the sand-red BDs.

Don't know if anybody else noticed that the conveyor belt that the droids are on actually slides through. :sweet:

WOW! A greate MOC!

Super details, super design and a super LEGO-technique. I see your pictures and feel really the atmosphere inside thismachines. :thumbup:

That's the general idea about this scene though some lower background details are obscured from the main pic but can also be seen fromthe other pics provided in the link.

Very nice work... :thumbup:

:sweet:

Incredible job yet again ACPin! Any chance we'll see a larger scale version?

You'll just have to wait and see what comes next! :devil:

"This is such a drag."

It also added a bit of humor to an action scene.

All the scenes on Geonosis were better than most of the PT. And to add to it, it's a very disticnt location. Perhaps ACPin would be willing to do with Geonosis what he did with Naboo default_blink.gifdefault_tong.gif

That remains to be seen and maybe if somebody's willing to donate more geonosians and sand-red BDs. :grin:

That's awesome ACPin, I like how you did the robot arms, and without watching the movie to do an exact comparison, this indirectly immediately reminds me potc that scene.

Stupendous work!

Tried to incorporate most of the details within the actual movie scene, only thing missing was the placement of the droid heads where the grabbers took them.

Excellent MOC! I'm not sure about yellow, though. As far as I know, all the yellow parts can be replaced with dark gray or dark bluish gray.

As mentioned prior, those yellow pieces were just what I had in stock. :sad:

AC

Excellent moc AC! I love the technical arms, they look abit breakable (are they?) but nice job with them! :thumbup:

Keep it up!

CF

Nice man, i'v always wanted to make something similar but never got round to it, good to see someone make a nice moc of part of the factory.

Never too late to start something new and these factories have a whole lot going on that you can make an MOC for. :wink:

Excellent moc AC! I love the technical arms, they look abit breakable (are they?) but nice job with them! :thumbup:

Keep it up!

CF

The arms are fragile and not meant to be played with, though you could slide the conveyor belt from one end to the other. :laugh:

AC

looks awesome, love the detail everywhere :classic:

Thanks, better late than never! :laugh:

Now go see the latest one...

AC