Sign in to follow this  
def

Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum - The Conclusion

What did you think of the game? (choose as many as you like)  

36 members have voted

1. 1. I liked this stuff:

2. 2. I didn't like this stuff: (of course, you should explain)

• 48-hour days
    • 24-hour nights
    • No minimum lynch vote number
    • The PR role
    • No waiting to lynch
    • Proxy voting
    • Dr. Blutziegel
    • Henry
    • Nothing

Shadows - Died to soon for bad reasons (meta-gaming)

Maybe trying my action on him the first night was metagaming, but with the results Stash and I got, I never would've done it differently. Our results verified that he was "not insane."

Maybe trying my action on him the first night was metagaming, but with the results Stash and I got, I never would've done it differently. Our results verified that he was "not insane."

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

I was asked what I thought of players, and so I did a round up of them.

I was asked what I thought of players, and so I did a round up of them.

Is that horse dead? I should check. By beating it more.

:grin: Welcome to hosting!

You're lucky I don't have the power to change your title.

Here's an unused Henry riddle to make you feel better. It was an easier one so I decided not to use it.

CopMike was doing his annual galavant around the world, partying all along the way. He finally arrived at the renowned Burj Dubai, the tallest building in the world. Banged out of his head on Moroccan hash, he danced and twirled throughout the building, terrifying the locals. Finally, he grabbed a lady by the hips, planted a kiss on her, and promptly got slapped in the face. Shocked and recoiling, he tripped backwards, smashed through a window, and fell to the ground below. Standing up, he brushed the glass off of himself, and walked away, wondering how he survived a fall from the world's tallest building. How did he survive?

Day Five

Scouts kills Peanuts

Walter Kovacs sleeps with (blocks) Lord Arjay

Wow, I just realized this. They can actually use another player to kill with the same MO? That's a way unbalanced advantage for them. What on Earth was the reasoning behind that??

So the night we blocked him, a killing happened with the same MO and we moved on with our lives.

Yeah, we never stood a chance.

Sour grapes and proud of it! :tongue:

*beats the living shit out of dead horse*

You're lucky I don't have the power to change your title.

PM any staff member, they'll do it for you. :sweet:

CopMike was doing his annual galavant around the world, partying all along the way. He finally arrived at the renowned Burj Dubai, the tallest building in the world. Banged out of his head on Moroccan hash, he danced and twirled throughout the building, terrifying the locals. Finally, he grabbed a lady by the hips, planted a kiss on her, and promptly got slapped in the face. Shocked and recoiling, he tripped backwards, smashed through a window, and fell to the ground below. Standing up, he brushed the glass off of himself, and walked away, wondering how he survived a fall from the world's tallest building. How did he survive?

Don't try to distract me with a riddle! That won't...ooh, shiny.

He was on the first floor. Now go sign up for Werewolf, I want to play alongside you this time. :tongue:

Wow, I just realized this. They can actually use another player to kill with the same MO? That's a way unbalanced advantage for them. What on Earth was the reasoning behind that??

That's how it's been in every mafia game I played on another site I used. I 'borrowed' a lot of game mechanics from my experiences there (proxying, no minimum lynch number, the PR). So, it was fair to me, and something I'd dealt with numerous games, on both sides of the fence. Your assumption that scum had a single killer was your EB bias, I guess.

I actually leveled the opposite as a criticism at Eurodina, since after the mafia killer had died, that team had no real moves left to make. The scum team need flexibility.

Of course, town had an equal amount of flexibility; they had the ability to shuffle and hide their abilities, meaning that they could hide their investigator/cop/etc. Seems pretty damned balanced to me. How was scum supposed to neuter the town team when they could just shuffle their abilities around :wink: Pretty megablucking balanced.

Feel free place me as the lone town member against 24 mafia in your next game, and you won't get this much sour grapes from me.

Now go sign up for Werewolf, I want to play alongside you this time. :tongue:

I signed up before you did, 'smarty'

Feel free place me as the lone town member against 24 mafia in your next game, and you won't get this much sour grapes from me.

We'll see. :tongue: Sorry to keep giving you such a hard time. You have no idea what I invested into this game and yes, I'm venting. I really am not trying to make you feel bad. I'm aware I'm being a dick. Please take it with a grain of salt and let me continue:

Most EB games pass the weapons on to another player once the killer has been killed, but I've never seen it where the killing ability can shuffle between three players. Is it like that on your other website? Can they actually shuffle every night using the same MO?

Peanuts - I think Peanuts played pretty smart at the start. I was impressed that he didn't blurt out his Jim B guilty reading as soon as he got it, because there was no way to safely reveal it. Unfortunately, he had bad luck in using Scouts as a link to Hinck.

I just remembered something:

Hey,

I hope I didn't pressure you by revealing the information, but it seems like it's working and we'll soon figure what the truth is :classic:

He didn't even ask me before he told my results, and I didn't suspect him to be scum at all. :grin:

Most EB games pass the weapons on to another player once the killer has been killed, but I've never seen it where the killing ability can shuffle between three players. Is it like that on your other website? Can they actually shuffle every night using the same MO?

That's exactly how it is, but they don't have Lego characters, so it's all a lot more abstract. The MO is discussed. But, I also have never been proper scum in any EB games, so I don't know how it's usually done here. I've played the games, but I never saw as much clear emphasis on kill styles as I did in this game.

Basically, in the games I've mainly played on this other site, the scum had three killers, and one had to be used. The others would have no action. And, town often wins, because they have very pro-active players. In the first game I won there, scum was divided on two teams, but had to win together. So, they had to very carefully find each other. The one team was three killers, choosing one kill a night, and our team was three recruiters, trying to recruit one person a night. We weren't able to find the other team until day 4 or so, and so we were deeply paranoid of being duped into revealing our identities to town. It was paranoid, but we just barely won.

But, there has always been that flexibility.

Really, Bloodbrick felt just fine to me, because I'd played a number of games which repeatedly used the concepts I used for this game. But I can see how it would throw someone off who expected a usual EB game. The first game I played at that other site, someone was voted off with 4 votes on the first day (which lasted 12 hours!) and I was utterly lost. But it was fresh! I guess that was some of the feeling I wanted to give people in this, was a fresh game. And I think everybody was equally at a disadvantage with things being different.

I wanted people to genuinely care about the outcome of the game, since a lot of people lose interest after they die, and I think people did care.

On another note:

It's a shame about Dr. Blutziegel having to die. He was a fully developed character. I don't know if I can develop his daughter as well. Lightning doesn't strike twice. But, the eventual sequel to Bloodbrick will be frustrating in completely new and different ways, and repeat little of what happened in this game. Because a truly good sequel captures the newness of something, not the style.

Really, Bloodbrick felt just fine to me, because I'd played a number of games which repeatedly used the concepts I used for this game.

I wish you could've played then.

Honestly, once Kovacs blocked Arjay and a kill still happened, there was no way I thought the killer could be him...until later. New concept brought to an EB game. :thumbup:

Are you still talking about this? Whatever. I've moved on. :tongue:

That'll never happen. :hmpf_bad:

I thought in Infection the scum had the possibility to choose one to block and one to kill. Isn't this the same?

I thought in Infection the scum had the possibility to choose one to block and one to kill. Isn't this the same?

So, they did... :blush:

EDIT: but, the killers had different MOs... :tongue:

BobTCM - Played very well, but was always just off the mark with his protection. If you see the list of night moves, he was always taking a safe gamble.

iamded - Should have been honorary mafia, killing townies.

In their defense, they were mostly doing what the scum-infiltrated "Jesus gang" was asking them to do.

As 'town', I think Zepher, Rick and Hinckley were the best role models of how to attack the game. There were other good players, but they didn't survive and lead the way they did.

Oh, a compliment. Thanks. :blush:

I'd really like to hear from the scum team as to whether they felt they had an 'easy' game, since a few town thought they were up against too much.

I pretty much agree with what Dragonator said. For me though, surving was in no way easy. If the first three or four days hadn't gone so well for us then I think we'd of had a much more difficult time winning. Of course, knowing what the insanes were planning during the night was probably or biggest help here.

So, they did... :blush:

Actually, Rick even brought up a theory similar to that. I remember thinking that if he continued this line of thought then I would be exposed.

Regarding roles, although I wouldn't take it as a starting point at this stage, we can't rule out that the sinister get - for example - a block and a kill each night and they can choose who executes each night action.

Luckily, I don't think that idea was mentioned again.

He didn't even ask me before he told my results, and I didn't suspect him to be scum at all. :grin:

Well, you never said anything about not telling the results, so I took liberties there :grin:

Though, I'm not sure if I would have given it to Hinck, per se (the original idea wasn't to confuse Hinck), it just came to be that he said he had some info, and it looked like a good opportunity to feed the info. I was ready to post in the thread right away, but I figured I'd probably get turned on by Bear and everybody else. I seriously imagined it going completely different :grin: Next time I'm scum and townies come to me, I'm just going to say: "Go away, I don't want to lie to you" :laugh:

I doubt people will PM me in any future games I play (Still not sure if I wanna do Werewolf) :grin:

I need to take a shower, too.

Actually, Rick even brought up a theory similar to that. I remember thinking that if he continued this line of thought then I would be exposed.

He thought you guys were hypnotising the Insane to do your killing for you. I thought he'd lost it worse than me at that point. I believe I told him to stop freaking out and just focus and simplify. I said there's no way it could be that complicated, we'd be at way too much of a disadvantage. :hmpf:

Games seem to be running shorter here on EB and the scum having been winning lately... :look: Why is that?

Well not there but somewhere in that wiki it does. It's no problem though, the posting restriction was good, and I would've never have guessed badboy was a Jester.

Good job at that, too, Badboy. default_laugh_new.gif

Thanks for the compliment. I found it a very hard role to play.

My oh my this topic grew in the past 8 ours. I'll need to reed this baby completely in the morning. :laugh: Good night!

He thought you guys were hypnotising the Insane to do your killing for you.

That was actually Murdock's theory, I think.

I thought he'd lost it worse than me at that point. I believe I told him to stop freaking out and just focus and simplify. I said there's no way it could be that complicated, we'd be at way too much of a disadvantage. :hmpf:

You did say it was too complex of a theory. It was at that pont I stopped worrying and started laughing. :grin:

Games seem to be running shorter here on EB and the scum having been winning lately... :look: Why is that?

I wouldn't call Eurodina short.. :sceptic:

Well, nuts. It's time for me to get over it and apologize to def for being such an megablocks for the last 12 hours. I'd have been classy to have just left my original summary, but I had to turn into Shadows. Sorry, def. Great job at the game. Thanks for having me, thanks for hosting, thanks for the creative fun and the challenge. Thanks for listening to me vent. I would play another one of your games in a heart beat. I do hope you'll take my experience into account. None of us are perfect. I can certainly see where I was going wrong and what I was stubbornly sticking to that stopped me from seeing the big picture. As Rick said, I invited to many people to my birthday party. Too quick to trust, too talkative, too stubborn. Too empathetic. Anybody who cries "hurt feelings" at me in the next game gets killed. This was an awesome game to get back into mafia with and it gave me a swift kick in the megablocks not to be an idiot next time.

Thanks def. :thumbup:

That was actually Murdock's theory, I think.

Yeah, I can take credit for that crackpot theory. Hypnotizing people to kill for them seemed just as possible as anything that else that was actually happening. After I was converted and I saw that Dragonator was called a hypnotist, I felt that the concept wasn't too far fetched.

Although hypnotized killings might make a cool ability for a scum or vigilante in another game but I'll leave that to someone who wants to incur Hinck's wrath for using it.

Yeah, I can take credit for that crackpot theory. Hypnotizing people to kill for them seemed just as possible as anything that else that was actually happening. After I was converted and I saw that Dragonator was called a hypnotist, I felt that the concept wasn't too far fetched.

Although hypnotized killings might make a cool ability for a scum or vigilante in another game but I'll leave that to someone who wants to incur Hinck's wrath for using it.

Or I'll just use it. I hope you can play "The Forest" which I'll be hosting after JB's Werewolf mafia.

I hope Dragonator plays too. He sent me some good ideas for mafia roles. I think Dragonator shall have the Spontaneous Combustion action. Or he can be the tree. Can't move, walk, talk, see, nothing. He can just sit there and do nothing. His night action is losing.

I hope Dragonator plays too. He sent me some good ideas for mafia roles. I think Dragonator shall have the Spontaneous Combustion action. Or he can be the tree. Can't move, walk, talk, see, nothing. He can just sit there and do nothing. His night action is losing.

And all votes, proxy or otherwise, count as votes towards Dragonator? And all night actions, be it blocking, killing, protecting, investigating or orhterwise, kill Dragonator, even if the player doesn't use them. :laugh::tongue:

Rick - Did very well, considering he had one of the worst roles, the miller. I'm impressed he was able to build up trust so strongly. Also, I don't know who cracked it, but realizing that the PR controlled who got a chance for hints could have been a game changer, if they weren't infiltrated so deeply already.

Thanks. I figured out my role after deliberately sending you a very explicit list of 2 direct votes and 16 proxies (that was the day we all proxied Dragonator) on which you asked for clarification ('are you submitting 2 or 18 votes?'). I told you 18 votes, but then I put two and two together... the Garden PMs mentioned 'behavior in yesterday's vote' and I talked to Sandy who hadn't been allowed in on one of the early days (when she voted for Stash). Would it also have worked if I had included people who didn't vote for the convicted? (All I did was restrict the list of people who voted for the convicted.)

But as you said, I wasn't very effective, because I wasn't really limiting scum access... :blush:

I had many crazy thoughts... but I figured we needed something to hang on to so we didn't really pursue it further at that point.

Well, nuts. It's time for me to get over it and apologize to def for being such an megablocks for the last 12 hours.

Finally :wink:

I had many crazy thoughts...

You weren't the only one. When Hinck started driving the votes in different directions (I think when first Arjay got off, then Scouts) I began to wonder if he had a very unusual win condition. My crazy theory was that, as Jesus, he had to gather a number of 'disciples', then prove they were following him by getting them to change their votes, then get himself lynched ('martyred'). It might have been a nice twist!

:laugh: Glad to see not only the town was driven to insanity...

Or I'll just use it. I hope you can play "The Forest" which I'll be hosting after JB's slut mafia.

Ooh, I'm definitely not going to miss this next one.

You weren't the only one. When Hinck started driving the votes in different directions (I think when first Arjay got off, then Scouts) I began to wonder if he had a very unusual win condition. My crazy theory was that, as Jesus, he had to gather a number of 'disciples', then prove they were following him by getting them to change their votes, then get himself lynched ('martyred'). It might have been a nice twist!

You also thought that Dwaggy and Hinck could have been Siblings, since Dragonator was hesitant in killing Hinckley. That's a role (among the bazillion others), that I didn't know, and found it interesting.

Sign in to follow this