Sign in to follow this  
BrickArtist

AT-RT

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi Everyone! I haven't posted A MOC in a while, but upon replacing my camera I'll be uploading some more. The UT-AT was finished, yet was demolished by my cat today :cry_sad: Anyways its 1.5 feet lon, and i think 40 studs wide. I have to order pieces for the skis though. over the course of this week i'll try and have 8 more MOCs up. :classic:

Right now I'm sharing my AT-RT. I've been working on it here and there for a while, so enjoy! The top section is built on handle-bars, hands clip on for slope, and it also houses the control yoke. This is my favorite feature. The same handlebars tactic as used on my BARC.

at-rt.jpg

C&C welcome. Please criticize!!

Very nice from what I can tell. I like the feet, although they are a bit big. I like the "cockpit" though, with the cool handle bars :thumbup:

The AT-RT has been one of the most 'MOCed' SW vehicle and one of the 'great mysteries' on how to build it the right way, so it's nice to see your interesting take on this vehicle brickartist. I see you got the basic elements in there and I understand the 'greebled look' approach, but I agree with prateek that the slope feet seems a bit thick. I think the side flaps are a bit to small too. But don't worry this is already a very good starting point that you could always improve on, since every AT-RT MOCer knows it will take numerous revisions before one will be satisfied with his own design. :wink:

The AT-RT has been one of the most 'MOCed' SW vehicle and one of the 'great mysteries' on how to build it the right way, so it's nice to see your interesting take on this vehicle brickartist. I see you got the basic elements in there and I understand the 'greebled look' approach, but I agree with prateek that the slope feet seems a bit thick. I think the side flaps are a bit to small too. But don't worry this is already a very good starting point that you could always improve on, since every AT-RT MOCer knows it will take numerous revisions before one will be satisfied with his own design. :wink:

Thanks KDM! I'll be using 1x2 cheese slope grilles for the sides of the feet on my next version. The sloping ones were all I had at hand. I do inted to perfect it with various versions. I'm thinking 4 should do the trick...

I'm thinking I'll try to stray from the busy looking greeble look as well.

Very nice from what I can tell. I like the feet, although they are a bit big. I like the "cockpit" though, with the cool handle bars :thumbup:

Thanks prateek! :sweet:

Edited by brickartist

Pretty good. The top could use more work; personally I'd scrap the use of cheese in general and just angle some tiles or plates. I too think the feet are too fat, if not just by a couple plates, and that 2 x 2 round plate looks out of place on the bottom joint compared to the disks of the upper joints which are really small in the front and non-existent in the back.

Work on it; it has potential!

And I also think that you have to illegally take apart the minifig to achieve an accurate position.

Pretty good. The top could use more work; personally I'd scrap the use of cheese in general and just angle some tiles or plates. I too think the feet are too fat, if not just by a couple plates, and that 2 x 2 round plate looks out of place on the bottom joint compared to the disks of the upper joints which are really small in the front and non-existent in the back.

Work on it; it has potential!

And I also think that you have to illegally take apart the minifig to achieve an accurate position.

Yeah, I'm reconsidering the structure of the legs, they're are a little inaccurate. I'm thinking about method of attachment/design for the amour panels.

This doesn't look bad over all. Oh and the feet and legs look a bit bulky if you ask me. But not bad. :thumbup:

Yeah they're a bit wide/long.

Excellent start on your AT-RT 'brickartist' - keep going ! :thumbup:

May the brick be with you.....always ! :yoda:

Thanks Lighningtiger! :sweet:

Very nice work.

Thanks, Flare!

Edited by brickartist

Very nice work on this. The whole thing looks a little bulky, which is standard for such a small MOC, but the shape looks very nice. Also the guns look a bit to low. P.S. a Kashyyyk trooper would look very nice on this :wink:

Great job :thumbup:

Very nice work on this. The whole thing looks a little bulky, which is standard for such a small MOC, but the shape looks very nice. Also the guns look a bit to low. P.S. a Kashyyyk trooper would look very nice on this :wink:

Great job :thumbup:

The previous owner of my Kashyyk didn't really know his value, and the arms have big cracks in them :cry_sad: v.2 will have the kashyyk, If i manage to BL some arms for him....

I agree on the guns, they're low.

Thanks Darth!