I am picking up the trains for KimT and I tomorrow, and we will do a the build this weekend, so review can be expected saturday night. I am really looking forward to this baby!

Morten

thanks, i really want to see this. does our european brothers get this early or something?

thanks, i really want to see this. does our european brothers get this early or something?

There is an old saying......it's not what you know, it's who you know ! :laugh:

Well then we can all look for forward to a review from at least one of them....then I wonder who will go the PF on their train eh ? :wink:

It seems like its been delayed for a while, it states 15 Apr as availability date...

So the European release will now be exactly two years after Emerald Night.

Lego, feel free to turn this into a tradition; releasing a beautiful train on my birthday every other year ;-)

So the European release will now be exactly two years after Emerald Night.

Lego, feel free to turn this into a tradition; releasing a beautiful train on my birthday every other year ;-)

Doesn't that decrease the chance of getting it for your birthday? Wouldn't it be better if it were released a couple of weeks earlier :-)

S@H says 1st April for Australia, but I'd be surprised if we see it in shops here till Xmas, maybe the June sales.

Doesn't that decrease the chance of getting it for your birthday? Wouldn't it be better if it were released a couple of weeks earlier :-)

S@H says 1st April for Australia, but I'd be surprised if we see it in shops here till Xmas, maybe the June sales.

TLG seems they cant make up their minds. Was April 19th this morning for Switzerland. Its now back to April 1st. What gives?

Manor wont get it. Franz Carl Weber us pensing with an answer.

Manor wont get it. Franz Carl Weber us pensing with an answer.

Manor... over expensive... (really). And FCW... even worse offender. What was fun was seeing Winter Toy Shop and Winter Bakery (both 'exclusives') at Migros and Coop....

Hutter in Wetzikon often gets exlusives in for order; worth checking.

As to release date: I did see 16th earlier today. Now confirm the 1st. I guess our market is too small. Unless we are buying 5x each... (whistle).

And its back at the 1st for UK...

Edited by roamingstudio

This happends all the time with the exclusives from S@H nothing to get bothered about

my Lego store confirmed the 1st. for me today!

Blogged from my iPhone

'Peter' you are hopeful eh ? June sales.....yeah 2012 more like it, remember 3677 is meant to be August release so that might be more likely. Deep down I feel that this set will only be available via importing or buying it S@H.....or of course those lucky enough to shop at a Lego branded store. :wink:

Keep on waiting.....for the 1st of April. :blush:

New pictures as of 2/20/2011 thanks to Zorbas and FBTB's FlickR photostream:

Oh - my - goodness.

Slowly but steadily I am getting seriously pissed ... This is NON TLC appropriate style

Following section edited by toastie: Reason: Inappropriate phrasing for EB, and not thinking before writing. :wacko:

Sorry guys, was late last night - and April 15 is just too late for a little thing I was planning.

Had my coffee now; calmed down, as Siegfried suggested :thumbup: and read my post again. Was out of my mind, I guess.

Let me then rephrase more appropriately: I think TLC should not announce new products as they did with the Maersk train; nor do I like how they shuffle around the day a product becomes available. It should be possible - other companies are capable of doing that as well.

My apologies to those I offended!

Best regards,

Thorsten

Edited by Toastie

Oh - my - goodness.

- SNIP! -

Rock on,

Thorsten

Thank you for defining "troll" for anyone who may have been wondering! Otherwise, I'm not aware of any merit your post has in contributing to a discussion. "Blowing off steam" is better suited for diaries than in the Eurobricks forums.

Well..welcome in the modern world of internet.....rumours spread like hell..but what does it matter....? It is nice to know that there might be a new set coming out...makes people curious. if you don't want to know whether there is coming a new set or not, you should simply ignore sites like Eurobricks... One day you will see the set on the Shop@home site...it is só simple...

It is just like things on TV you don't want to see....just turn off your TV......

I'm waiting for the set...and i think it is a beautifull set that is worth waiting for.. and 'm glad there were scoops already months ago!!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak :classic:

So that was it. Needed to blow off steam, this is not the Old Danish Toy Company anymore ... someone up in marketing way too young to make that much money probably figured this s**t out, I am sure.

Relax, sit back, wait, enjoy the silence, and get your Maersk train. Or just wait for the instructions, make one of your own - modify it to make it even nicer, and f*** the blue bricks.

Rock on,

Thorsten

Calmers man. :look: It's not TLG fault that people scope out sets early and thus sets are "delayed". If you want to avoid the stress, don't read any LEGO fansites and just visit S@H once a month.

Thank you for defining "troll" for anyone who may have been wondering! Otherwise, I'm not aware of any merit your post has in contributing to a discussion. "Blowing off steam" is better suited for diaries than in the Eurobricks forums.

Hi dhaas,

thanks for replying so quickly, you are absolutely right! Just read my post again ...

Will try to stay calm ...

Regards,

Thorsten

Don't worry, we'll get though this together. :grin:

That is what I like so much about the EB community: You make terrible mistakes (as my stupid post) but the community takes care of it. Wow. This is a very good feeling.

Thanks a lot,

Thorsten

I'm glad I have had a couple of months to plan for the Maersk Train release. At first I wanted to buy just one, but then I thought about it, and then wanted 2. Now I'm thinking I'm going to buy the 5 I'll be limited to, and tucking them away. The time from seeing this until release has allowed me to allocate funds that otherwise would have been surprised my bank account. It's like the difference between knowing your hot water tank is going to fail, and putting a bit of money away for it, or not knowing and having to fork out $600. :cry_sad:

I have Emerald Night trains brand new that I'm going to resell later to pay for the Maersk trains I buy, as I like them about 25% better than EN. :wub:

Only problem now is that the address I usually get some of my Lego shipped to is closing from April 1 through May to prepare for the spring flood we get in the Red River Valley every year. I myself may have to relocate my brand new Lego stocked up in my basement to another location to prepare for the possibility of getting flooded myself. Which causes me a problem: I wanted to order 5 all at once, but I don't want to have any get damaged. I could order just one for now, but what happens if they sell out and never become available again? Then what?!?!? :look:

I also do hate the anticipation, but it builds patience. Having to wait for things makes you appreciate them all the more when you finally do get them. :wink:

I already have the motors and battery packs in anticipation. I only wish Lego would have accepted backorders on this product so that I wouldn't have had to worry about going online and hitting their site on April 1, and possibly not getting in to order. I don't have the luxury of a local Lego store that will carry these. :sadnew:

Everyone I show a picture of this set to just absolutely loves it. I think Lego will have a classic here with this set, and demand for it will only go up, even if the supply is steady by hoarders, it will always be a good set, in my opinion. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

If anyone who already has this set can post the inventory list somewhere, it would be beneficial to many. This has been requested on BrickLink and I do not believe anyone has posted the list. If anyone has the box, can you please take a picture of the parts list? Many thanks!!! :grin:

Locutis

I wanted to order 5 all at once, but I don't want to have any get damaged. I could order just one for now, but what happens if they sell out and never become available again? Then what?!?!? :look:

You don't have anything to worry about there! Even if 101219 sells so well that all current stock is depleted, you can bet Lego will put it on back-order and make more. Why would the company go through the long and expensive process of making a new set only to have it last for one batch? If anything, it would be a good sign for the set to initially sell out, because it would be an indication to Lego that they can make more money from this item than first expected. Then they will boost production and eagerly meet the high demand.

You don't have anything to worry about there! Even if 101219 sells so well that all current stock is depleted, you can bet Lego will put it on back-order and make more. Why would the company go through the long and expensive process of making a new set only to have it last for one batch? If anything, it would be a good sign for the set to initially sell out, because it would be an indication to Lego that they can make more money from this item than first expected. Then they will boost production and eagerly meet the high demand.

I understand where you're coming from, but the Holiday Train (10173) [link]http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=K10173[/link] sold out in a matter of weeks, never to be seen again.

I understand where you're coming from, but the Holiday Train (10173) sold out in a matter of weeks, never to be seen again.

Are you sure? I bought one at half price because they had to drop the price to get rid of them. At the time nobody wanted them at full price.

I understand where you're coming from, but the Holiday Train (10173) [link]http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=K10173[/link] sold out in a matter of weeks, never to be seen again.

This sold out because it was a 1 meter long train for $45 !! Have 2 copies, regret that I didn't buy more.

This sold out because it was a 1 meter long train for $45 !! Have 2 copies, regret that I didn't buy more.

Yeah, but it would never have been marked down to half price it it was selling well at full price.

He referred to the Kit Set - hence the additional K at the start, which included track from memory.

Yeah, but it would never have been marked down to half price it it was selling well at full price.

It could have been discounted because this was listed as a 9V set, and 9V was on its way out.

He referred to the Kit Set - hence the additional K at the start, which included track from memory.

Sorry about the mishap. I remember the K version (it was not discounted, while the regular version without track/motor was).

I wonder if we'll ever see such favorable prices (train sets at 50% off) again.

The instructions for the set are now online!

For those who are still waiting.......

Book 1

instructions.gif

Book 2

instructions.gif

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic: