It's out at US Lego online store. $120, available April 1st. Damn, I need to get the Emerald train and Passenger train asap.

I'm pretty surprised that a 9V motor was used. I mean it's clear why they used one, because recharging isn't necessary. However, TLC decided to add a product (the 9V motor) that is no longer produced instead of using parts that are still available. Indirectly advertising a product that can no longer be bought makes no sense.

Well,

I could not agree more. The one (of a couple of) rather elaborate TLC f-ups was to terminate the 9V train track line. Has been said before, a million times, the Brickster is going to kill me on this one in this thread, I am writing this anyway: It is telling a very, very sad story: The Masters of the Bricks are using a dead product to show off their beautiful new product to the world. 19 forum pages: Why oh why were they not using their all-plastic crap tracks?

Is this just me?

Rock on - and move this entry to forum grave yard (@The Brickster: I know it is not fair but I can't refuse, the force is too strong) ...

Thorsten

Well,

I could not agree more. The one (of a couple of) rather elaborate TLC f-ups was to terminate the 9V train track line. Has been said before, a million times, the Brickster is going to kill me on this one in this thread, I am writing this anyway: It is telling a very, very sad story: The Masters of the Bricks are using a dead product to show off their beautiful new product to the world. 19 forum pages: Why oh why were they not using their all-plastic crap tracks?

Is this just me?

Rock on - and move this entry to forum grave yard (@The Brickster: I know it is not fair but I can't refuse, the force is too strong) ...

Thorsten

Whose layout was it running on? Was it built by Lego, or was it a club layout? It's possible that they gave an advance copy to the club, and it was a club member's decision to power it by 9V.

Hopefully I can keep to this schedule:

April: 7939 Cargo Train and/or 10194 Emerald Night (Hopefully it's still available)

June: 10219 Maersk Train

August: 7938 Passenger Train (Not the highest of my priorities)

Playing catch up sucks...

Its now back on the Lego Shop UK website listed as "Coming Soon on 1 Apr 2011" priced at £91.99.

Still quotes #88002 train motor for power, but no sign of that on the Store at the moment.

The question is how many do I buy for the gorgeous rolling stock?

Thanks for the clip 'The Red Brick', very interesting to see and hear about all the special details of this train....dam it, I want it even more now ! :grin:

Oh, and it 199 AU on S@H....1st. of April....hopefully they are not fooling ! :wink:

Keep on waiting ! :grin:

Listed 109.99 for in Holland :) Not too bad I guess considering the details and colors.

Looks fantastic, but my goodness I was falling asleep watching that clip. He's done a great job designing that train but he needs to work on his on air composure and enthusiasm.

Edited by pinioncorp

Not sure if this has been posted before but I have found this video of the Train on youtube

Thanks for sharing Red Brick. Interesting watch. :thumbup:

Thanks for posting the video...

I thought it was very cool. Congrats to Pierre Normandin...he's the designer and from Montreal, Canada.

A good reason for me to buy this model right away.

It is posted on Lego Shop at Home for Canada and USA. $120 US and considerably higher for Canada.

Looks fantastic, but my goodness I was falling asleep watching that clip. He's done a great job designing that train but he needs to work on his on air composure and enthusiasm.

Yes, he did seem quite nervous!!

I'm not trying to make excuses for Pierre, but English is not his mother tongue (he's francophone). A++ for effort. It was quite interesting to get this insight to a LEGO design.

Dan-147

Nice little video about Maersk train. :thumbup:

Can't wait for it's release on April 1st.

I liked how he showed us how the well cars work.

I was pondering how that maersk blue brick helped keep the 2 containers on the car.

119.99 of next month's bonus check is going to one of these sets. :grin:

Would they stack two containers on top of each other?

He seems as nervous as I would be to be honest, however the vid was a great little insight to the many details of this set.

I want this, yet I also need to invest into a set that includes track.

I wish these exclusive sets came with just a simple loop of track, it would only add a bit more money to the set.

However it is aimed at people who already have a substantial layout.

He seems as nervous as I would be to be honest, however the vid was a great little insight to the many details of this set.

I wish these exclusive sets came with just a simple loop of track, it would only add a bit more money to the set.

He does indeed seem nervous. Firstly it looks hot in that room (Shiny head syndrome. :tongue:), and secondly I can't imagine he's used to being stuck in front of a camera. Add to the fact that obviously English isn't his first language, and it's only natural. :classic:

I do appreciate these videos that Lego does though. I love the insights they give, and it's a good way of showing off all the hidden features of the set that might not get from the pictures. (I also love that in this video, the first couple of seconds is a complete modular building street - Market Street included! Makes me very happy!).

As for the train, check out these pictures of double stacked containers:

http://www.maerskline.com/globalimage/?path=/gallery/msl/about_gallery_train1_gallery

http://ppw-aline.com/images/decal-photo-maersk.jpg

http://www.railroadforums.com/photos/data/563/Maersk146MartinezSpur.jpg

These are all of a Maersk GP60, I couldn't find one of a Maersk SD40-2 hauling double stacked containers, but you get the picture. :classic:

It's also aimed at people who have 9V, the current PF track would be of no intrest to them. For you Bricklink can give you a loop of track for a few dollars.

The current cargo and passenger train come with track, and I'm sure that the new train 3677 will also come with track.

So it doesn't take very long before you have more curved track than you know what to do with.

I've sold RC track twice now on eBay, and if I buy 3677 then I'll probably sell the track that it comes with as well. I'm really not waiting for one more loop (if you try to sell a loop without straights, you'll get only a few dollars on eBay). It saves me a good bit of time to not have to do that for 10219.

Check it out!

A New Torso?

picture_128.png

New Pic Of Engine:

picture_129.png

And Some Cool NEW Videos.

The Last Video Really is Beautiful :wub:

EDIT REASON: Video Errors

*Fuzzy*

Edited by Fuzzylegobricks

And Some Cool NEW Videos.

The Last Video Really is Beautiful :wub:

Im sure non-one reading this thread will have thought of that last combination. Honest Guv'nor.

:blush:

Very nice set, I just wish it had more Maersk blue parts :tongue:

Actually it has plenty, I really like that it has 3 Maersk Blue Construction Helmets!

I was a bit skeptical I don't really like American Cargo Train engines, preferring European, but this grows on you.

However I want more Maersk Blue Train elements :wub: I feel the urge to change the color scheme of all Trains to it :blush:

It has to be my favorite LEGO color, everything should be it, I wish my rank star icon was maersk blue :tongue:

I hope we get a new Maersk Container truck? :laugh:

EDIT: I just watched the designer video and I loved it! Very enjoyable. :thumbup:

Edited by Macoco

It's a pity that Lego doesn't just sell the rolling stock on it's own. To make it scale, you need at least half-a-dozen units on the back not to make it look silly, but just pulling a couple of units.

For example, on the City Train, I've had to use Ebay and pay quite a bit of money to obtain a couple of extra carriages, whereas if it was "off the shelf", so much the better.

As most people do, they buy 5 sets, and sell the engines and other bits on ebay to recover their money.

I've said this before, but Lego don't seem to be on the ball, selling-wise, as they would really make much more returns on their products.

As least they've left the track out - no good to anyone, except to bung into a dark cupboard, never to be used. Most people would use 9v for this, as my layour will have two engines (motor each) and hopefull a dozen rolling stock, with a Brake Engine on the back (non-motorised).